The Chad Cornes school for kids who don't kick good

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Both Connor and Todd have mentioned Chad doing extra 30 minute goal kicking sessions with the forwards and mids who will rotate forwards.

Hopefully he is passing on some of Choco's goal kicking tips. Both said a lot of it is mental and having consistent routines. God knows we can use it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

the chad cornes school for kids who can't kick good and wanna do other stuff good too. like kick ball to team good and do handballs to friends as well. chad cornes did good kicks and handballs and big bumps, and chad cornes did good marks and wore a glove and always looked good and composed. chad cornes can teach everyone how to be good at kicking and other stuff like he was. maybe if everybody wore a glove on one of their hands like chad cornes did they can win the premiership like chad cornes did?

Well we need a lot of help in that area. Shame it's not a good coach

Jay Schulz! Give him a bloody call!

Chad was at best a 50-50 shot at goal (179-165 not including shots that didn't make the distance and were out on the full). Hopefully he is somebody who can teach better than he did.

At least the club is doing something to address it at long last and lets see what the results are this season.

... maybe if everybody wore a glove on one of their hands like chad cornes did they can win the premiership like chad cornes did?

Unironically this. The PAFC AFL era has always had a FF or two with a glove. The glove has been severely lacking since the retirement of Schulz. Hinkley destroys another part of our culture.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Chad was at best a 50-50 shot at goal (179-165 not including shots that didn't make the distance and were out on the full). Hopefully he is somebody who can teach better than he did.
This was my first thought as well. Chad was the original Ports forward who struggled to hit the side of a barn from 15 metres out. And many have followed on his footsteps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has proactively offered his services to the club in a goal-kicking capacity many times post-retirement. He has met refusal every time.
So did Tredders, maybe his input will help change things.
It sounds like Ken fully realises his own days are numbered and the club are giving him a soft out to retire on his own terms to keep the happy clappers in line.

Ive been quietly optimistic about Chad's forward coaching. One of the most mentally tough winners in the club which is what our forwards need.
Yeah I like the fact that he is being proactive about it. It is nice to actually see a coach who acknowledges a problem and tried to rectify it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't remember the exact wording but didn't one of our assistants say in the past that we as a club don't practice goal kicking because they'd rather do other sessions and found that it didn't improve the accuracy rate?

I can't remember the exact wording but didn't one of our assistants say in the past that we as a club don't practice goal kicking because they'd rather do other sessions and found that it didn't improve the accuracy rate?
Wouldn't surprise me - we've definitely heard KPFs say their main objective is to "bring the ball to ground" so this fits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back