The people who REALLY saved this club

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, my lingering memories of that day are:

• the pre-game legends parade getting absolutely soaked, and the likes of Russell lucky not to blow away to the Land of Oz;

• the previously winless Tigs under L-plate Hardwick performing like it was dry, with former PAMFC junior Ben Nason in particular absolutely running riot;

• a distinctly universal mood of “we are in f#%king trouble” going forward — like waiting in the front office for an irate principal to hit you with a flamethrower

As bleak as it gets.
An experienced Ben Cousins and a young Dusty Martin were both good too.

An experienced Ben Cousins and a young Dusty Martin were both good too.

Without checking the stats I have images of Jack Riewoldt roaming about pumping the fist a fair bit too.

Without checking the stats I have images of Jack Riewoldt roaming about pumping the fist a fair bit too.
I still remember his soccer goal off the ground in the second quarter. We made him look like Wayne Rooney at that particular stage of the game.

Man, my lingering memories of that day are:

• the pre-game legends parade getting absolutely soaked, and the likes of Russell lucky not to blow away to the Land of Oz;

• the previously winless Tigs under L-plate Hardwick performing like it was dry, with former PAMFC junior Ben Nason in particular absolutely running riot;

• a distinctly universal mood of “we are in f#%king trouble” going forward — like waiting in the front office for an irate principal to hit you with a flamethrower

As bleak as it gets.
My god yes.
The parade was awful.
The ground emptied in seconds, I remember wandering around a completely empty AAMI about 5 mins after the buzzer.

There was also a state game beforehand, tackled players were creating tsunamis it was so wet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back