Who gets a pass?

Remove this Banner Ad

helen mirren :hearteyes:

acting helen mirren GIF by Refinery 29 GIFs

Fair few get a pass mark or better: Rozee, Butters, Lord, Drew, Lycett, Aliir, SPP, Houston, Bergman, Burton, Marshall, Rioli, Jones, JHF.

Fails: Duursma, Wines, Farrell, McEntee, DBJ, Williams.

Absolutely pathetic: Finlayson, McKenzie*

*slightly harsh due to injury but got absolutely torched even before that happened.

Ken. He cant kick it for them
As much as people will hate this, it's pretty spot on. -7% disposal efficiency is a thumping and was really the point of difference.

They laced out short kicks to team mates, we bombed long to their bigger/taller players to intercept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lord a ripper game, what a time and place to have a breakout game. Plenty of improvement to come too. He had a lacerated kidney as part of his pre-season preparation.

Rozee tried to inspire us all night with his pace and jinking runs.

Butters had a slow start but grew in stature as the game wore on. He and Rozee each had 600m gained.

Drew clamped Lachie Neale and found plenty of it himself (but that dropped handball receive broke my heart)

JHF was quieter than usual but did get a head knock and had as much influence as Lachie Neale. Watch out for JHF next year.

Lycett was a warrior. Yes he's a limited player but he put in all night and didn't concede a contest, had 11 disposals, 38 hitouts and 9 tackles.

Bergman was brave in defence and took some strong marks.

Dan Houston creatively was good, not sure how he went defensively as match ups change so much.

Didn't mind Lachie Jones's game.

Fair few get a pass mark or better: Rozee, Butters, Lord, Drew, Lycett, Aliir, SPP, Houston, Bergman, Burton, Marshall, Rioli, Jones, JHF.

Fails: Duursma, Wines, Farrell, McEntee, DBJ, Williams.

Absolutely pathetic: Finlayson, McKenzie*

*slightly harsh due to injury but got absolutely torched even before that happened.
Allir, marshall and SPP all fails.

If based on when the genuine heat was on in the game.. not many pass at all.

Only rozee, lord, drew and butters were genuine passes. The rest let us down

Maybe Burton as well considering the number of inside 50s and Cameron did * all

I need to rewatch the game

I was 3 x French 75
1 cosmopolitan
And an entire bottle of Shiraz by the time the game finished so I really don’t remember a whole lot

The cosmos were the highlight of the night for me if I’m being honest

I thought Brisbane thwarted Butters & Rozee's impact well tbh I don't care how many they racked, there was a lot of go nowhere clearances etc. they were good in flashes but a massive tick to the Brisbane coaching staff.

I thought Brisbane thwarted Butters & Rozee's impact well tbh I don't care how many they racked, there was a lot of go nowhere clearances etc. they were good in flashes but a massive tick to the Brisbane coaching staff.
Not 100% agree, I thought Rozee was clearly better than Butters last night, his stats were flattering and surprising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back