Banter Sign Hinkley 1 - “Get On Board”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotta feel sorry for kochie and friends, will have to delay announcing the KENNY HINKLEY contract extension for at least another week.

This is the perfect time to announce it. Brave defeat with half a team at a place we never win anyway. McKenzie done for the year meaning TJ’s back for good.

Rip the band-aid off and hope the team arrests the skid at home in the premium Sunday twilight timeslot against The Oranje.

If you’re refusing to acknowledge a team that was missing it’s full forward, full back, ruckman and four genuine A graders you’ve possibly lost all objectivity.
What objectivity have I lost if I’m waiting for a grand final appearance before giving the coach or coaching staff a ‘huge tick’ this season?

members have no power, but a well organised grassroots campaign would do it. doesnt suit everyman kochie to have actual normal people calling for him to go.
How do we get rid of Koch? Seems to be a self-appointed emperor of the place and I'm not seeing a way to shake him loose. He'll probably leave on his own accord one day but who knows when that will be.

Timeline: This week, next week or the week after announce 2 year extension. Contracts for butters and rosey to then follow. 1 year for dixon. More to follow from the club.

Timeline: This week, next week or the week after announce 2 year extension. Contracts for butters and rosey to then follow. 1 year for dixon. More to follow from the club.
Do you know if Hinkley's contract will include a succession plan with a formal handover to Carr?
Two year extension to Hinkley followed by a handover to Carr makes sense, especially when you remember the Collingwood succession plan was a two year extension to Malthouse followed by a handover to Buckley.

Do you know if Hinkley's contract will include a succession plan with a formal handover to Carr?
Two year extension to Hinkley followed by a handover to Carr makes sense, especially when you remember the Collingwood succession plan was a two year extension to Malthouse followed by a handover to Buckley.
You're a very interesting case. Per your avatar, you're purportedly a Geelong supporter yet during a game against said opposition whilst needing the win, you're posting about Ken Hinkkey's contract status. You're not a master of deception like your daddy are you?

You're a very interesting case. Per your avatar, you're purportedly a Geelong supporter yet during a game against said opposition whilst needing the win, you're posting about Ken Hinkkey's contract status. You're not a master of deception like your daddy are you?
Really? Check the time and date of the post of mine you quoted.

How does it make sense ? Hinkley has achieved nothing to justify an extension and is now burning our chances this year and has just given up a top 2 finish with 4 straight losses.

The only thing that makes sense is telling him he has had his chances, over a decade but hasn't delivered so we are going to give someone else a chance.

How does it make sense ? Hinkley has achieved nothing to justify an extension and is now burning our chances this year and has just given up a top 2 finish with 4 straight losses.

The only thing that makes sense is telling him he has had his chances, over a decade but hasn't delivered so we are going to give someone else a chance.
Port can still finish top 2 and I remember people writing off Sydney in 2012 when they lost three games in a row leading up to finals.
Finals are a different beast to home and away and Port have a good record in finals under Ken apart from that one horror showing against the Bulldogs in 2021.
2013 semi, 2014 preliminary, 2017 elimination and 2020 preliminary were all close games that could have gone the other way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its all supposition on the forum, that is just my hunch/guess.

Port can still finish top 2 and I remember people writing off Sydney in 2012 when they lost three games in a row leading up to finals.
Finals are a different beast to home and away and Port have a good record in finals under Ken apart from that one horror showing against the Bulldogs in 2021.
2013 semi, 2014 preliminary, 2017 elimination and 2020 preliminary were all close games that could have gone the other way.
10 years as senior coach (of which in 5 years we didn't make finals) a 50/50 finals win/loss record and not a single grand final appearance, thats not a "Good Finals record".

An other club in the competition would have put up with his record for a decode.

Scared to speak out Incase he's not welcome at the club,to think a magpies premiership player now thinks this way is pretty sad.

Imagine a club that was so vocal about accountability and being ruthless we letting and allowing a blow-in from Camperdown unwarranted free reign for over a decade

FB_IMG_1691286301846.jpg

Not with our injuries now. Defense is gone .

Scared to speak out Incase he's not welcome at the club,to think a magpies premiership player now thinks this way is pretty sad.

Imagine a club that was so vocal about accountability and being ruthless we letting and allowing a blow-in from Camperdown unwarranted free reign for over a decade

View attachment 1766220
Maybe George is just an idiot

Its all supposition on the forum, that is just my hunch/guess.
Fair enough.
What would you prefer Port to do?

Sign Hinkley with a planned handover to Carr?
Sign Hinkley with no succession plan in place?
Or
Sack Hinkley and appoint Carr as coach?

Hey has a good record in finals....

Uses a litany of finals he lost as evidence.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Fair enough.
What would you prefer Port to do?

Sign Hinkley with a planned handover to Carr?
Sign Hinkley with no succession plan in place?
Or
Sack Hinkley and appoint Carr as coach?
Take the recommendation of chris davies whose role means he has a day to day job of assessing the football coaching department.

Take the recommendation of chris davies whose role means he has a day to day job of assessing the football coaching department.
What exactly qualifies a former state cricketer to assess a football coaching department and make recommendations to the board ?

That’s our problem, a total lack of football experts and successful football operators in decision making positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back