Let’s get on with the game

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really enjoying the way we have been playing since the Showdown. There's a hard edge to us that I happily attribute to Josh Carr.

We have picked up our defensive intensity and even with injuries and our deficiencies in a couple of areas, we have played good strong football and won a host of tight games. Not great for the digestion, but a very satisfying feeling at the end!

The Melbourne game was a big one for me. We went hard at them with our patchwork quilt forward line, Lord was a huge influence, Lycett went into battle in the ruck and even the much-maligned Tommy Jonas is back playing on the edge.

The youngsters have been a revelation, Butters, Rozee, JHF we knew about, although Butters has reached a stratospheric level I was not anticipating. Maybe we send Ollie Lord off the Red Bull training camp at the end of this year! Dylan Williams has been astoundingly good, plays with a hard edge, confidence bordering on arrogance and his kick is a weapon. Our ability to open up a game with killer kicks from defence is mouth-watering. So disappointed to see Duursma injured as he was getting back to his best. You can see the difference when he is out.

Even the Magpies (do we still call them that?) in the sanfl have hit some form. They showed some exciting patches of form in the game against South that I went to. When they were on they kicked goals from a range of sources and when they weren't traveling well (mainly due to lopsided umpiring) they hung in and didn't get blown away.

Jones is starting to look cleaner with the ball and his attack on the play is ferocious, Jackson has jumped out of the box this year, Visentini is developing in ruck, McCallum is showing good signs as a mobile tall defender. Even the top up players are doing their part, in some cases above and beyond.

Richmond is another big test, I'm not as worried about the change in coach for them as some, as they're not losing a coach they are glad to see the back of. Their players were tight with Dimma, they had achieved so much together. It's just as possible they will have a let down with him leaving so suddenly. Either way, these effects count for about a couple of minutes and then it's just another game of football. And Richmond won't chage the way they play, so we can prepare as usual..
100% agree,

im a sort of.. on my way to believing.. we win against richmond away and then in a few weeks put geelong away and then i reckon ill be back as a true believer...not in the coach but in the team.

but ill waiting for the disappointment

I know you can walk and chew gum at the same time, but I just can’t find time for the Hinkley hate (or relate to those that do), well-founded as it may be/have been, when we have the most exhilarating, ascendant player in the competition in Zakky fakking Butters. We are truly watching some special. And a couple of midfield mates aren’t bad either.

These are my thoughts.

Geelong, Collingwood, Melbourne and maybe Brisabne are still the benchmark for mine.

Last week’s win was good but still a long ways to go until I'll be convinced.

Playing both Geelong & Collingwood at home towards the business end of the season will be the big test if we're a genuine chance of being a threat during the finals.

I Agree.
I reckon theres a bit of 'like' chasing in threads like these with people trying to tell us there stories of how and why they were disinterested they were in the result.

I took a neutral along over from interstate for work to show a game in Adelaide and he was raving about the contest - it was a great game of footy. We played well, won the coaching battle and overcame our injury/availability issues and showed grit when it counted.

We've got the makings of a midfeld that could be as good as any for years to come,that alone is worth a watch.
YaY talking about our team

Geelong, Collingwood, Melbourne and maybe Brisabne are still the benchmark for mine.

Last week’s win was good but still a long ways to go until I'll be convinced.

Playing both Geelong & Collingwood at home towards the business end of the season will be the big test if we're a genuine chance of being a threat during the finals.
You don’t have to be convinced you just have to barrack for your team

I know you can walk and chew gum at the same time, but I just can’t find time for the Hinkley hate (or relate to those that do), well-founded as it may be/have been, when we have the most exhilarating, ascendant player in the competition in Zakky fakking Butters. We are truly watching some special. And a couple of midfield mates aren’t bad either.

These are my thoughts.
Gold

I'm really enjoying the way we have been playing since the Showdown. There's a hard edge to us that I happily attribute to Josh Carr.

We have picked up our defensive intensity and even with injuries and our deficiencies in a couple of areas, we have played good strong football and won a host of tight games. Not great for the digestion, but a very satisfying feeling at the end!

The Melbourne game was a big one for me. We went hard at them with our patchwork quilt forward line, Lord was a huge influence, Lycett went into battle in the ruck and even the much-maligned Tommy Jonas is back playing on the edge.

The youngsters have been a revelation, Butters, Rozee, JHF we knew about, although Butters has reached a stratospheric level I was not anticipating. Maybe we send Ollie Lord off the Red Bull training camp at the end of this year! Dylan Williams has been astoundingly good, plays with a hard edge, confidence bordering on arrogance and his kick is a weapon. Our ability to open up a game with killer kicks from defence is mouth-watering. So disappointed to see Duursma injured as he was getting back to his best. You can see the difference when he is out.

Even the Magpies (do we still call them that?) in the sanfl have hit some form. They showed some exciting patches of form in the game against South that I went to. When they were on they kicked goals from a range of sources and when they weren't traveling well (mainly due to lopsided umpiring) they hung in and didn't get blown away.

Jones is starting to look cleaner with the ball and his attack on the play is ferocious, Jackson has jumped out of the box this year, Visentini is developing in ruck, McCallum is showing good signs as a mobile tall defender. Even the top up players are doing their part, in some cases above and beyond.

Richmond is another big test, I'm not as worried about the change in coach for them as some, as they're not losing a coach they are glad to see the back of. Their players were tight with Dimma, they had achieved so much together. It's just as possible they will have a let down with him leaving so suddenly. Either way, these effects count for about a couple of minutes and then it's just another game of football. And Richmond won't chage the way they play, so we can prepare as usual..

This...
Enjoy the wins and how the club is playing. Life's too short not to.

YaY that’s what I’m talking about . Game talk . Thankyou

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Geelong will likely get in there by the time we play them.

Depends on the side they can get out on the park.

GWS, Footscray, Port and Melbourne in their next 4.

Injury list is bad and I feel like they're a Jez Cameron hamstring away from missing the 8.

Patrick DangerfieldShort term33
Rhys StanleyShort term32
Mitch DuncanShort term31
Sam MenegolaMedium term31
Gary RohanTest31
Cam GuthrieTBC30
Jack BowesShort term25
Sam de KoningTest22
Toby ConwayTBC20
Oliver HenryTest20
Max HolmesTBC20
Flynn KroegerMedium term19
Jhye ClarkeMedium term18

I'm emotionally invested in the team regardless

i dont understand this apathetic view that you cant enjoy and get excited over good wins just because you dislike another aspect of what the club is doing.

im all in on the team, always.

doesnt matter if i agree or i dont, ill will be up when we win and down when we lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back