Review Port vs 31 free kicks to 19

Remove this Banner Ad

As mentioned earlier our good friend umpire Hosking has form for ******* us over.

Hosking marked a ball kicked straight at him as he waved play on by Port Adelaide’s Hamish Hartlett who had won a free kick for out on the full on the defensive side of the Southern Stand wing.

“He’s done a Peter Carey!” Hawthorn and AFl great Jason Dunstall said as fellow commentators laughed.

As a result, umpire Hosking called a ball up, which led to Blues midfielder Tom Bell kicking a game-changing goal for Carlton.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/ff2c60e45c9cbd1121b14ab0871b76b8

Geelong clearly got the rub of the green with the umpires on Saturday (and clearly got a bad run the week before).

But why is a club right in the premiership hunt wasting time turning this into a story? Surely there are more important things to concentrate on right now and this reeks of a team who has lost focus.

Just firing a shot across the bow of the umpiring department.

Happens all the time by Vic clubs when they play in WA. Viccoaches and media jump all over a questionable free kick count.

Voice of affirmation exists in all states homegames against interstate teams. Not just WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know it's happened in MLB
We know it's happened in the NBA
We know it's happened in European football

We know an umpire here recently has been involved in gambling/brownlow leaks?

I just had a look back at our games this season, Interestingly, Umpire Brendan Hosking had us for one other game this season against St Kilda at Marvel and we lost the free kicks that game 28-14. I don't have the individual umpire stats on frees that game but this guy is suspicious imo.

I just had a look back at our games this season, Interestingly, Umpire Brendan Hosking had us for one other game this season against St Kilda at Marvel and we lost the free kicks that game 28-14. I don't have the individual umpire stats on frees that game but this guy is suspicious imo.

Does any of the clubs have the power to veto umpires for their matches? Should they have that opportunity to veto?

In the 4th Quarter, 2 of their goals came from free kicks.

Houston defending Cameron in the marking contest in the square
Miers tackling Rozee for a holding the ball in the F50

As stated previously, after the Cameron free kick, we had a similar free kick that wasn't given a few minutes later.

The guy is not a true Port suppprter. Anyone who gets enjoyment out of a team losing that they claim to support is not a true supporter. Even if they want the coach gone.
Not true. I don't enjoy us losing that's rubbish. I want the best for the club and if that means losing to move people on for the greater good and long-term success than so be it. The people pulling the strings at this club right now will never see success

Remove this Banner Ad

Back