Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

With the advent and prevalence of apple pay, google pay, wechat pay, ali pay etc., do you also carry the old physical credit cards as well?
Yes, but don't use it much.

Ironically Covid was the first time I started using phone payment regularly.

Wave around the one thing I put near my face regularly...

With the advent and prevalence of apple pay, google pay, wechat pay, ali pay etc., do you also carry the old physical credit cards as well?
I do which was handy the other day when apple pay wasn’t working pulled the card out and it worked

Ironically Covid was the first time I started using phone payment regularly.

Wave around the one thing I put near my face regularly...
But if you set your phone to admin it's as good as a vaccination.

I use a debit card and that is it. I refuse to use those pay with a watch or phone things.

I guess the point is people don't need to carry a card around anymore.
That's if they have a phone. I've never had a mobile phone and just like MrsEddyBetts I don't carry a handbag...in fact I've never had a handbag. And pay with a watch is no good with my fat fingers...even if I did have an Apple watch.
I'm an old fashioned person and like to use the-soon-by-out-of-date cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's if they have a phone. I've never had a mobile phone and just like MrsEddyBetts I don't carry a handbag...in fact I've never had a handbag. And pay with a watch is no good with my fat fingers...even if I did have an Apple watch.
I'm an old fashioned person and like to use the-soon-by-out-of-date cash.
yes. There is definitely that too, for those who do not have a mobile phone letter loan a smart device. Of course.
And that's ok.

yes. There is definitely that too, for those who do not have a mobile phone letter loan a smart device. Of course.
And that's ok.
It's good not to be laughed at for not having any of that IT, but I will look like a weirdo trying to pay for something in cash when the store doesn't accept cash anymore (which has started already). And the only reason why I am on this laptop is because I found it in a bin after someone had thrown it out. For me, the world started going downhill when the wheel was invented.

I consider myself as someone who doesn't get stuck in the old ways and is happy to move along with technology but I have yet to make the step in getting rid of my wallet and using my phone to pay for everything.

I too use to putting my car keys in my wallet when ever I'm out.

If the business I work for employees someone to be a casual cleaner do they have to get paid the minimum casual rate of $27.27 per hour or must they get paid $30.09 as per the award rate for 'Cleaning service employee Level 1'?

Assuming this person has no training or anything as a cleaner and they just come in and clean what they are told.

If the business I work for employees someone to be a casual cleaner do they have to get paid the minimum casual rate of $27.27 per hour or must they get paid $30.09 as per the award rate for 'Cleaning service employee Level 1'?

Assuming this person has no training or anything as a cleaner and they just come in and clean what they are told.
I’d check the award classification but without any other info, I’d say award rates apply

yeah I’ve never payed via device either, also generally very light on apps. Some progress conveniences just seem a bit too mindless to embrace straightaway, and encouraging reliance on such devices isn’t something that sits comfortably with me. I’m the good memory sort who prefers to pointedly sign in everytime as needed and clear history when done, rather than have a score of tab accounts constantly open and humming and neglected and passwords long forgotten. I’d rather have a handle on things, locking and unlocking doors and compartments as directed. Control freak tendencies maybe, but when I leave home I instinctively think ahead, personalise and take the select few (slim, minimalist) items I might need. A little flexibility and convenience is nice but you can feel the rug being rolled up behind you in various ways, that too quick forceful obsolescence, as if the rug only has a certain length, like the push/pull of the leashed eager dog and resistant owner.

Last edited:
I’m the good memory sort who prefers to pointedly sign in every time as needed
I went on a tour once and one person couldn't email home because they couldn't remember their password as it was always logged in at home. I thought later she could have started a new email account but didn't think of it at the time and she never sent home the photos and messages she wanted to send.
Then there's those people who all they do is take photos on holidays - that nobody ever want to see!

I lost my wallet 2 months ago and have just been using Google Pay. Don't even have a licence lol

Has anyone on here every slid into someone's DMs on Linkedin? Two of my female colleagues have had this happen to them in the past two months. Would seem at best unprofessional and at worst very creepy.

(No this has never ever happened to me before you ask)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back