Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah the biggest wealth transfer is likely not to be boomers to their kids but boomers to their private aged care provider
And TBH sometimes "the bank of mum and dad" is a way to transfer inheritance - however big or small - ahead of time. If you're well off you can get that advice and expertise to dodge the financial pitfalls of aging.

Are the only jobs that people from the UK do in Australia either recruiting or selling knock off tshirts outside of a big concert?
A lot of uk coppers here now as well

Are the only jobs that people from the UK do in Australia either recruiting or selling knock off tshirts outside of a big concert?
Working at the pub and also picking vegetables in my home town

A lot of them are the ones outside supermarkets trying to sign you up for stuff. Wonder if the accent makes a difference (except maybe if you’re a Scouser)

Why are 4WD owners putting reflective material on their dashboard these days? Seems to correlate strongly with having unused bright orange maxtrax, personalised number plate, “diesel soot gets the m**t” bumper sticker and raised suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly how it sounds. A strip of reflective material across the bottom of the windscreen. Like one of those sun blinds you put across your windscreen but just dash height and it's there all the time.
Silly me - I was there thinking "like, laying on the dashboard? Even just a piece of paper gives me too much glare."

Also interested in that sticker mentioned...

Last edited:
Why are 4WD owners putting reflective material on their dashboard these days? Seems to correlate strongly with having unused bright orange maxtrax, personalised number plate, “diesel soot gets the m**t” bumper sticker and raised suspension.
Agree on all the other w***er features apart from the suspension which is a must if you're an actual four wheel driver

Remove this Banner Ad

Back