Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe there's campaigners here that'd get strikers guernseys made up with their names on.
It's tippy go ffs
6c5.jpg

Holy shit.

Q1R6lXU.jpg

Yep, monsoon got sucked away by some late season northern hemisphere storm
Me and the Mrs are planning a trip up the Cape in the fourbie around July. So if you dont have a wet wet season that would be good. I'm in the novice stage still with my 4x4ing. So i dont want any bad tracks up that way :p A bit of a challenge would be nice though.

Me and the Mrs are planning a trip up the Cape in the fourbie around July. So if you dont have a wet wet season that would be good. I'm in the novice stage still with my 4x4ing. So i dont want any bad tracks up that way :p A bit of a challenge would be nice though.

Just look for black soil mud. That'll challenge you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just look for black soil mud. That'll challenge you
Seriously, yeah i dont think i'll do the full Tele Track. Just visit some great Aussie icons, and see the tip of the Cape. One on my bucket list is to see the stars with my girl in the outback. Were going through Birdsville so it should be a challenge.

Herbie Flowers? Pom.

There was a write up in the Sunday Mail about it years ago. Dunno what his name was, but he was also in a band called Skye or something that played instrumentals and he was from Adelaide. I remember him saying he had to wake Lou Reed up from a couch in the studio building, Lou got up, sang the take and then went back to sleep on the couch. Why it is in my memory is because I used to know a relation of the bloke

There was a write up in the Sunday Mail about it years ago. Dunno what his name was, but he was also in a band called Skye or something that played instrumentals and he was from Adelaide. I remember him saying he had to wake Lou Reed up from a couch in the studio building, Lou got up, sang the take and then went back to sleep on the couch. Why it is in my memory is because I used to know a relation of the bloke

I'd take wikipedia's word over the Sunday Mail:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbie_Flowers

Yes, maybe he was just based in Adelaide at the time? I know that the relation I knew, well the guitarist was his mother's brother

Seems it was another member of Sky, Kevin Peek, who was the one born in Adelaide - so the City of Stobie Poles's link to A Walk on the Wild Side is just a bit tenuous ;)

Seems it was another member of Sky, Kevin Peek, who was the one born in Adelaide - so the City of Stobie Poles's link to A Walk on the Wild Side is just a bit tenuous ;)

Dunno, but what I wrote is what I remember. Anyway, Adelaide had a link to Graham Bonnet that was for sure

You haven't experienced strange until you're a country bloke, that walks down rundle mall. Thats ******* strange to me m8.

Do you insist on wearing stubbie shorts that make whoosh noises when you walk, and an akubra, like my dad does? I swear he just does it for a piss take, he doesn't really dress like that at home.

Well except the stubbie shorts, the stubbie shorts are glued on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back