The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what the fall out will be if we ignore large parts of the review.

Make it even harder to get different people to the club. Nit to mention further media issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The board isn't appointed its elected

So its a democratic decision, no one to blame, no individual is responsible like Roo

If the board as a whole vote on anything it was because whatever our constitution says, allows the board to make those decisions and the board is voted in according to our constitution

I have to say that when a poster on here threw Dunstall's name up some time ago I dismissed it out of hand - just assuming he was a typical MMM idiot and not realising his involvement in turning Hawthorn around.

Having heard what is happening since, I am very happy he is involved. He has said everything right so far. He's not messing around and I expect that his recommendations will be followed through.

I don't think this is a scam review. I also don't think that if the review comes back and points to some staff that are obviously failing, that they will simply ignore it. They basically have one chance to get this right before we end up a complete basket case. The playing group and supporters are clearly demanding action. I'm more confident now than I have ever been before that they will actually make changes that are required. Whether that is someone like Burton or not I don't know, but I can't see them protecting him if the review says he has to go.

The board isn't appointed its elected

So its a democratic decision, no one to blame, no individual is responsible like Roo

If the board as a whole vote on anything it was because whatever our constitution says, allows the board to make those decisions and the board is voted in according to our constitution
Elected by who?

I have to say that when a poster on here threw Dunstall's name up some time ago I dismissed it out of hand - just assuming he was a typical MMM idiot and not realising his involvement in turning Hawthorn around.

Having heard what is happening since, I am very happy he is involved. He has said everything right so far. He's not messing around and I expect that his recommendations will be followed through.

I don't think this is a scam review. I also don't think that if the review comes back and points to some staff that are obviously failing, that they will simply ignore it. They basically have one chance to get this right before we end up a complete basket case. The playing group and supporters are clearly demanding action. I'm more confident now than I have ever been before that they will actually make changes that are required. Whether that is someone like Burton or not I don't know, but I can't see them protecting him if the review says he has to go.
I agree. Imagine the reaction if they stand up and announce the review says they’re perfect?

Won’t happen

Elected by who?

Whatever the constitution says

Boards are obviously elected by what that lovely document says

Members are usually elected for two years, but it will say that in the constitution, then if those that elect are happy with them they can get re elected if they want to run again or new board members are elected

No one has the finger pointed at them.

Chapman is the chairman, but has a vote like any other board member

Actually had a quick look

The Board will be comprised as follows: (i) up to 2 Directors elected by the Electing Members under this constitution (each an Elected Director); and (ii) the remainder appointed by the AFL, following consultation with and nominations from the nominations committee , under this constitution (each an Appointed Director). (

Last edited:
There will be nowhere to hide should they ignore important changes that need to be made.

But at the same time, how will we handle it If people survive who most of us think aren't doing a great job ??

For instance I think Hass will stay, purely because the PS fitness program would be sorted already and to change that around would be risky. What I suspect will happen is the PPT area gets seriously beefed up with someone coming in alongside Hass rather than taking over.

There will be nowhere to hide should they ignore important changes that need to be made.

But at the same time, how will we handle it If people survive who most of us think aren't doing a great job ??

For instance I think Hass will stay, purely because the PS fitness program would be sorted already and to change that around would be risky. What I suspect will happen is the PPT area gets seriously beefed up with someone coming in alongside Hass rather than taking over.
The problem is that with the soft cap we can't just keep adding people in to help overcome the failings of people who should be able to do the job. We already had to bring Saunders in to fix up the Burton/Hass problems. You can't just keep adding people, eventually some have to be cut free

Whatever the constitution says

Boards are obviously elected by what that lovely document says

Members are usually elected for two years, but it will say that in the constitution, then if those that elect are happy with them they can get re elected if they want to run again or new board members are elected

No one has the finger pointed at them.

Chapman is the chairman, but has a vote like any other board member

Actually had a quick look

The Board will be comprised as follows: (i) up to 2 Directors elected by the Electing Members under this constitution (each an Elected Director); and (ii) the remainder appointed by the AFL, following consultation with and nominations from the nominations committee , under this constitution (each an Appointed Director). (
Two token members elected by us. Currently Kym Ryder and Jamo.

The rest appointed.

Hardly democratic.....

Two token members elected by us. Currently Kym Ryder and Jamo.

The rest appointed.

Hardly democratic.....

Its a bit of a merry go round

The AFL control Adealide effectively by deciding who has majority vote on our board so can elect those that suit their agenda

The Clubs control the AFL effectively by having the vote over the AFL commission board

UNfortunatley Adelaide wouldn't be in existence without the AFL as they guarantee our financial survival

Saying that its the AFL having the biggest control in how the Board handle the review as they elect those board members

THe AFL wouldn't be too fused at how Adelaide are travelling, when you look at their problem clubs like GC, Melbourne North Melbourne Bulldogs StKilda Port Adelaide, who are all battling to stay afloat

The AFL's perfect competition is for teams to rise and fall and rotate from premiership contender to spoon contender , Adelaide are following their ideal to a tee really

Last edited:
He’s hoping it will include a fantasy theme where all is good

in an AFC fantasy world...

Tex = Jon Snow... flawed hero who gives away the top job
Roo = Cersei Lannister... deeply incestuous
Don Pyke = Bran Stark... ruler with seriously limited range of emotion
Brett Burton = Oberyn Martell... misplaced arrogance will be his ultimate downfall
Scott Camporeale = Petyr Baelish... scheming manipulator who occasionally appeared the hero to those on the outside but whose key role in the deaths of much-loved characters finally led to his well-deserved execution
Ben Hart = Rickon Stark... just, dumb (OHMIGOD STOP RUNNING IN A STRAIGHT LINE YOU ******* IDIOT!!!)
Rob Chapman = Robin Arryn... essentially ineffective and undeserved leadership with a touch of creep

Hass is not part of the clubs problem imo. Our bad run with injury was a result of players coming back in 2018 unfit with a severely shortened pre-season to get the fitness back. Mix that with Burtons meddling/bad implementation of kangatec and you get a disaster.

Burton has clearly been told to stay in his lane this year and we had a great run with injury. It cant all be attributed to Saunders.

Hass is not part of the clubs problem imo. Our bad run with injury was a result of players coming back in 2018 unfit with a severely shortened pre-season to get the fitness back. Mix that with Burtons meddling/bad implementation of kangatec and you get a disaster.

Burton has clearly been told to stay in his lane this year and we had a great run with injury. It cant all be attributed to Saunders.
Injury and Fitness are often two seperate things however.

Maybe our injury run has been good, but our match fitness in the AFL and SANFL this year has been among the worst in the league, especially considering we are the second oldest team and aren't exactly fielding a bunch of kids who haven't developed tanks yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TIME TO OFFER A SNACK (BYO WINE)

Review will be ongoing for some time; this review has 3 phases that will end with prescriptive analytics to establish the outcome. THIS will not be a boy’s club around the table vote as upset fans believe.
J.Dunstall is selected to find recommendations to the aftermath, this has been driven by R.Chapman & R.Fennell who are the key contributors of this review.

Frustrations are boiling & players are in anticipation for the outcome. This could drag on until December although preliminary findings will be released soon.

Reid, Bunn & McCrystal have been told to prepare to change strategy :straining:
Recruitment is like the media, not successful by the “who” is on the books but by the quality of the contacts that branch out.
HINT = Lachie Ash

But read my post and see what statements Chapman & Dunstall released shortly after, Don't get held up on names stated as they won't mean anything to most.
Keep going.

Brett Burton = Oberyn Martell... misplaced arrogance will be his ultimate downfall
Scott Camporeale = Petyr Baelish... scheming manipulator who occasionally appeared the hero to those on the outside but whose key role in the deaths of much-loved characters finally led to his well-deserved execution
Ben Hart = Rickon Stark... just, dumb (OHMIGOD STOP RUNNING IN A STRAIGHT LINE YOU ******* IDIOT!!!)
Rob Chapman = Robin Arryn... essentially ineffective and undeserved leadership with a touch of creep

Love this.
Only criticism is that Oberyn was almost universally loved

How much do we reckon dunstall and co get paid for this? Anyone involved in any corporate equivalent to give an idea?

I work for a consultancy and the hourly rate for a senior consultant (partner level) is around $800 an hour. That's a decent starting point. 25 hours a week over 4 weeks, there's 100 hours or $80,000 per person.

Love this. Do we have an Arrya in the club?

Love this.
Only criticism is that Oberyn was almost universally loved

I did debate this internally... however the two of them are both ultimately responsible for the most soul-crushing moment for their respective fans, and so the comparison stands in my mind!

Back