Prediction The Rolling Outrageous Claims Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Please tell me we are not that bad
In all seriousness, I was at the Pub when we played the Pies late last year.

Absolutely nuffie Collingwood bloke was next to me, was genuinely riding the bumps of every play, fidgeting, throwing his beanie, you get the idea.

It got me thinking that in his head he genuinely believes that Collingwood have never fairly lost a game of football. They've been better in every game in their history, but ulterior factors have gotten in the way.

Unfortunately, he's just the blueprint for how so many footy supporters operate. It's why places like the MB are such a cesspool of laughable posts.

In contrast to recent trend at the club of our veterans having careers that extend well into their 30s, most players currently in the 24-29 year age group for us will finish up at a much younger age. In the end, none of the following premiership players (plus Jack Bowes) will make it to 200 games:

Tom Atkins (currently 27 years old, 105 games played)
Jack Bowes (currently 26 years old, 100 games played)
Zach Guthrie (currently 25 years old, 77 games played)
Jake Kolodjashnij (currently 28 years old, 174 games played)
Mark O'Connor (currently 27 years old, 109 games played)
Brandan Parfitt (currently 25 years old, 121 games played)
Tyson Stengle (currently 25 years old, 60 games played)

Kolo is obviously the best chance to prove me wrong. I'm basing my assumption on him retiring early due to concussion/injuries though.

Last edited:
Im not really inclined to believe that Scratcher will make it - its just a ruse.

GO Catters
is it not the basis of this thread that im supposed to make an outrageous claim!?!?!

Surely my above ticks all boxes lol

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In contrast to recent trend at the club of our veterans having careers that extend well into their 30s, most players currently in the 24-29 year age group for us will finish up at a much younger age. In the end, none of the following premiership players (plus Jack Bowes) will make it to 200 games:

Tom Atkins (currently 27 years old, 105 games played)
Jack Bowes (currently 26 years old, 100 games played)
Zach Guthrie (currently 25 years old, 77 games played)
Jake Kolodjashnij (currently 28 years old, 174 games played)
Mark O'Connor (currently 27 years old, 109 games played)
Brandan Parfitt (currently 25 years old, 121 games played)
Tyson Stengle (currently 25 years old, 60 games played)

Kolo is obviously the best chance to prove me wrong. I'm basing my assumption on him retiring early due to concussion/injuries though.
The depressing thing is that it is actually not that outrageous - Kolo aside (he will certainly make 200 - so that it outrageous). And I think Zuthrie is bordering on it although he needs to get to 32 as does Atkins (who will but might be surpassed by some kittens).

I am not sure you can win the prize as not outrageous enough - but made me step back and think about it

Mitch Duncan to be a late withdrawal from the 2027 Cats Grand Final side to on the Eagles due to his wife going into labour with their eighth child.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Are they having twins or triplets in the next couple of years to bump the number of offspring up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back