Prediction The Rolling Outrageous Claims Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What? I'm hardly close's biggest fan but what?

I'm pretty sure it counts as outrageous...

A bit of fun. Let’s see how this goes.

1. Rule #1 - outrageous predictions only

2. Rule #2 - no matter what the state of the evidence, you must return to double, triple, quadruple down on the outrageous claim throughout the year. Expect to be tagged in by others to face up.

3. Rule #3 - you have to make an outrageous claim before you can pick on others

Mitch Duncan to be a late withdrawal from the 2027 Cats Grand Final side to on the Eagles due to his wife going into labour with their eighth child.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Mitch Duncan to send the Father/Son system into overdrive by having triplets next year.

Ok I got one.

Geelong will get a higher average output in full games played from 26 year old 178cm Shaun Mannagh than Collingwood will get from 26 year old 178cm Lachie Schulz.

Could be a substantial backfire in this for those playing at home

Checking in on this. It's a pretty close run thing at this point.

Screenshot_20240324_180614_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20240324_180601_AFL.jpg

Ok I got one.

Geelong will get a higher average output in full games played from 26 year old 178cm Shaun Mannagh than Collingwood will get from 26 year old 178cm Lachie Schulz.

Could be a substantial backfire in this for those playing at home

Going a bit early this round but looks like a low bar for Shauny this week

Screenshot_20240328_210955_AFL.jpg

Edit: update for final tally is 7 disposals, 2 of which were kicks (1 ineffective, 1 saved by Mihocek making it look better than it was). 5 tackles is not bad but I think Mannagh could start sub and provide more for us

Last edited:
Blicavs to be a more useful forward this year than Eric Hipwood.

Going a bit early this round but looks like a low bar for Shauny this week

View attachment 1942320

Edit: update for final tally is 7 disposals, 2 of which were kicks (1 ineffective, 1 saved by Mihocek making it look better than it was). 5 tackles is not bad but I think Mannagh could start sub and provide more for us

Update: Schultz taking full advantage of Shaun being out. This may be getting away from me

Screenshot_20240408_110826_AFL.jpg

I’ll start.

Sydney will win the first of back-to-back flags on Grand Final day 2024.
Absolutely on track this one. While the likes of GWS, Geelong and Carlton are pretending to be the real deal by winning all their games, the Swans are playing the long game, even dropping a match, in their quest for inevitable back-to-back glory.

Tom Atkins is close to the lowest performing permanent inside midfielder in the competition in his age and experience bracket

Well he was just forced out of the midfield rotations by Parfitt. That says more about how he is going than any data could

Stengel flew all the way to NY to see if he was related to famous Mets coach without carefully checking how Casey spelled his surname.

Completely bummed, Tyson took in the eclipse while in NY and became so inspired went on a 70 goal scoring romp leading to his second AA.

Sent from far away using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-Geelong will score more from centre clearances than their opposition in 2024.
What a great claim! But seriously, I wish I actually said our midfield will be surprisingly competitive/efficient. We're getting thrashed on around the ground stoppage numbers with the pressured opposition bombing to our interceptors. Quality over quantity seems to be the Geelong midfield contribution so far this season, and making sure opposition aren't just walking it into their forward line from stoppage.

There should be a caveat where there are no Geelong outrageous takes. They don't exist anymore.

If you told me you were from the year 2026, and Geelong where winning the first of their three-peat premierships in 2024, with Perkins, Smith, & Thomas all signing over the off-season, followed by a Max Holmes/Toby Conway brownlow double in 2025, I wouldn't even ask for proof.

On the thread title though, my outrageous claim is that Warhorse rates Tanner Bruhn at some point within the next 20 years.

There should be a caveat where there are no Geelong outrageous takes. They don't exist anymore.

If you told me you were from the year 2026, and Geelong where winning the first of their three-peat premierships in 2024, with Perkins, Smith, & Thomas all signing over the off-season, followed by a Max Holmes/Toby Conway brownlow double in 2025, I wouldn't even ask for proof.

On the thread title though, my outrageous claim is that Warhorse rates Tanner Bruhn at some point within the next 20 years.
CHAWKTS, I know, that last one is really, really out there!!

Anything less than a Brownlow and Horsey will keep doubling down and moving the goalposts.

I'll rate Tanner once he becomes a better player than Parfitt. Well beaten over the last 2 weeks.
In the spirit of this thread I'm going to double down on this. Is now a bottle neck stopping our younger players from developing 😀
Can I triple down on Hawkins being a liability? Neale looked good getting a game with Hawkins out

I'll rate Tanner once he becomes a better player than Parfitt. Well beaten over the last 2 weeks.
So this is the new goalpost position? You wanted things like having 20+ disposal games before, and Bruhn averages that this season.

Parfitt is about to turn 26 and has 125 games as a Cat in the bank, compared to 23 games for Bruhn who is about to turn 22. Parfitt should be miles ahead of Bruhn. Parfitt is playing well and that means there's not much in it besides Bruhn having a couple of extra effective disposals a game.
Can I triple down on Hawkins being a liability? Neale looked good getting a game with Hawkins out
Hawkins has started a little slow like in 2023.

Everyone looked good against North. 6 or 7 score involvements a game is what Neale needs, not just against NM but every team, to even be at 40 year old Hawkins level. As for how well he gets the ball to ground, of course Neale should be able to do that to a much higher level. I haven't really seen it at AFL level but he's not had much exposure.

We’ll definitely have a different look once Hawkins retires

Yeah, I triple down on this too... not a liability per se, but I think he's slowed down from halfway through last year and needs to go.
Neale is very promising and should be the future.
Write Tom off at your peril though- he’s an incredible one on one player and will benefit enormously when we go fast and he’s isolated with his opponent- he’s 40 goals plus minimum so not too shabby😛

Remove this Banner Ad

Back