The Romain Grosjean bonehead driver of the week nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Kurt Busch petulance
Gets wrecked , safety crew turns up to check him / the car.
He jumps out to look , jumps back in and takes off with medical bags goin flying :rolleyes:

Furniture Row Racing must be thinking WTF have we done !!! :eek:
Be interesting if more comes out of this.I don't think Nascar would be too happy with his antics [yes they parked him for the rest of race] and I doubt they'd be happy with him driving back to the pits without a helmet on.

Once Grosjean is dumped from F1 you'll have to change it back again as Paul "Bonehead" Morris will still be annoying us with his presence for years to come.

Once Grosjean is dumped from F1 you'll have to change it back again as Paul "Bonehead" Morris will still be annoying us with his presence for years to come.

Pastor Maldando and Kurt Busch are currently ahead of Morris.If Morris drove every round,instead of only 2 as he does now,then he'd easily have it in the bag.

Just when we forgot about him ... in comes Kamui. Seems like Grosjean, Maldonaldo and Kobayashi own this thread ... how many noms has each had this season?

My nominee this week is Sandro Cortese in the Moto 3 race at Motegi.With a few corners to go he was leading and had the championship wrapped [that's how far ahead he is] up with 3 races to go had positions stayed as they were at the time - then this happened

That's his teammate,British rider Danny Kent,who passes him.No problem with that move.The guy in 3rd,alessandro Tonucci , went with Kent and that's where trouble got Cortese.On the warm down lap he pulled up beside Kent and was waving his arms at him and going off his head.I reckon he thinks Kent shouldn't have passed him.

Just when we forgot about him ... in comes Kamui. Seems like Grosjean, Maldonaldo and Kobayashi own this thread ... how many noms has each had this season?

Kobayashi is not in the same league as Maldonado and Grosjean.

My nominee this week is Sandro Cortese in the Moto 3 race at Motegi.With a few corners to go he was leading and had the championship wrapped [that's how far ahead he is] up with 3 races to go had positions stayed as they were at the time - then this happened

That's his teammate,British rider Danny Kent,who passes him.No problem with that move.The guy in 3rd,alessandro Tonucci , went with Kent and that's where trouble got Cortese.On the warm down lap he pulled up beside Kent and was waving his arms at him and going off his head.I reckon he thinks Kent shouldn't have passed him.

Cortese acted the goog but ultimately did no damage to anyone but himself. Luis Salom would have been a better nomination from the same race, trying to pass three riders into one corner only to collide and take the leader out. But my nomination is Marc Marquez. The kid is a talent and probably raced the ride of the year but again he's put another rider in harms way, torpedoing Mika Kallio during free practice. How he gets away without penalty is beyond me, they label it a "racing incident" except it's during free practice, not the race. Casey has done well to retire for next year, this kid is going to kill someone.

Cortese acted the goog but ultimately did no damage to anyone but himself. Luis Salom would have been a better nomination from the same race, trying to pass three riders into one corner only to collide and take the leader out. But my nomination is Marc Marquez. The kid is a talent and probably raced the ride of the year but again he's put another rider in harms way, torpedoing Mika Kallio during free practice. How he gets away without penalty is beyond me, they label it a "racing incident" except it's during free practice, not the race. Casey has done well to retire for next year, this kid is going to kill someone.
Quite possibly himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A strong contender from Andy Neate at the BTCC finale at Brands Hatch on the weekend when his failure to rejoin safely took out 3 other cars.

and the winner from the World Series by Renault - Megane Trophy in Barcelona on the weekend.
Wim Beelen (TDS Team) crashes into the 2 Oregon cars on the 1st laps but later in the race, his team-mate Bas Schothorst (TDS) got wrecked while leading with 2 to go by Old Navajo (Oregon/Torino Team) who was a lap down and cutting the chicane on purpose

Navajo as a result has been banned from all Renault events for life

So which one gets the nom from Brazil GP Qualifying? Grosjean for going for the ambitious gap when he could have waited a little and went outside, or De La Rosa for the chop block in a car usually 3 seconds a lap slower?

So which one gets the nom from Brazil GP Qualifying? Grosjean for going for the ambitious gap when he could have waited a little and went outside, or De La Rosa for the chop block in a car usually 3 seconds a lap slower?

Grosjean was the one that got a smack on the wrist from officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back