Analysis The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

So GWS is scariest basically? If that is the consensus I totally agree. Should feel more scared of Tiges but maybe their whole MCG advantage thing is nullified added to the perceived pressure of them wanting to go B2B and the Hawks just pulling finals performances out of their **** more often than not

So GWS is scariest basically? If that is the consensus I totally agree. Should feel more scared of Tiges but maybe their whole MCG advantage thing is nullified added to the perceived pressure of them wanting to go B2B and the Hawks just pulling finals performances out of their **** more often than not
Heath Shaw is a massive out. As is Patton.

Not going to start thinking about anything beyond the Saints game just yet. Would love to see this side win the next 2 and lock in the double chance. The worst outcome then is getting two finals games into a whole bunch of kids - and probably ahead of schedule. Straight sets would be bitterly disappointing - but the silver lining of doing it so quickly after the debacle of 2017 and the prophecies of a decade in the doldrums by some commentators would be bloody sensational.

Finishing top 4 would be a massive outcome so my main worry for now is getting there, not who we play. Let's hope we are breathing fire this weekend, show no mercy and ensure that we'll be playing one finals game at the very least.

The few predictions I've put in mostly have us facing the Tigers and Eagles over the first few weeks. Wouldn't like to face Giants at home but not likely anyway, as long as we beat Saints and Swans.

Last edited:
Not going to start thinking about anything beyond the Saints game just yet. Would love to see this side win the next 2 and lock in the double chance. The worst outcome then is getting two finals games into a whole bunch of kids - and probably ahead of schedule. Straight sets would be bitterly disappointing - but the silver lining of doing it so quickly after the debacle of 2017 and the prophecies of a decade in the doldrums by some commentators would be bloody sensational.

Finishing top 4 would be a massive outcome so my main worry for now is getting there, not who we play. Let's hope we are breathing fire this weekend, show no mercy and ensure that we'll be playing one finals game at the very least.

Absolutely spot on...….
We shouldn't have any trouble knocking off the Aints. but lose to Syd and we finish 5th or 6th I suggest and could easily be out in the first week of finals.
But first, we got some business to take care of

I have to admit... I threw the baby out with the bath water after the Lions loss in Tassie...

But I am now wondering why not us? There is a very "Cats 2008" feel about Richmond's invincibility and we all remember what happened that year.... ;)

As Clarko says, you get enough wins to play finals and then you start again.
Regardless of where we finish the H&A season, the week off before the finals is a big advantage to us.
Kids get a bit of a rest before the real stuff starts, and hopefully Sic back for finals.

I will be stoked if we can get past the 2nd week, and after that anything can happen.

Don't know why people are saying it feels like 2008. Didn't we win the first 10 games straight or something which allowed us to manage players leading into the back half of the season.

Feels more to me like 2007. Just like 11 years ago, we will need to beat Swans away in the last round to finish in the top 4

Don't know why people are saying it feels like 2008. Didn't we win the first 10 games straight or something which allowed us to manage players leading into the back half of the season.

Feels more to me like 2007. Just like 11 years ago, we will need to beat Swans away in the last round to finish in the top 4

Yeah that's a lot better comparison of the situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luckily their is the week bye before finals so the players can get a rest and re-set

Assuming Tiges & Eagles have the home finals sewn up - If/when we make Top 4, who would you prefer to play week 1?
Eagles.

Would rather travel there rested in a QF than off the back of 2 games in a PF. Think they're gettable, although very good side.

Yes, a home QF against Tigers would be handy, but they're travelling so well.

Assuming Tiges & Eagles have the home finals sewn up - If/when we make Top 4, who would you prefer to play week 1?
Personally i prefer us to finish 4th and play Tigers at the G. Removes home ground advantage plus we haven't played each other since round 3, we have improved since then

Go hawks

Tigers. I think we are a better chance of beating West Coast sans Gaff and Nic Nat - however I would much rather see exactly where our squad is at now and have a crack at the Tigers. I'd rather do it the hard way.

The dream scenario would be to win both remaining games, West Coast lose both games and Western Sydney drop at least one game against Sydney or Melbourne. Then we would finish 2nd on the ladder and play West Coast or Western Sydney in a Qualifying Final at the MCG. :$:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back