Competitions The Sausage Roll: Finals (week one).

Remove this Banner Ad

You get to select eight players next week for the Semi Final matches. The players you select must play for teams playing in the Semi Final.

The following week in the Preliminary Final, you have the option of selecting any player you selected from a winning Qualifying Final team (carrying over over from the Qualifying Final into the Preliminary Final), and you receive that player's higher value.

I.e. Kamdyn McIntosh's new value will be 33. For those who wish to select him in the Preliminary Final, you will receive 33 points for every goal he kicks. However, if bob's head soup selects him (carries him over from his week one team), he will be valued at 38.

If, however, bob's heads soup failed to carry over McIntosh into the Preliminary Final, but wishes to name him in the Grand Final (if Richmond makes it), he will only receive his value as at Grand Final week.

Thanks mate. Clear as mud

I knew it wasn't that hard to work out

23hm5oi.png

9vk1sx.png

I need Harry Himmelberg to kick about 8 or so, I've got a good chance I think.

Toby is a highly talented player But his studs up acts are disgraceful and should be penalised severely .

At least when he kicks people in the head outside footy he goes to court on the field the umps do nothing.

The night turned sour after the Greater Western Sydney player and his friends were told they would no longer be served alcohol, and later were asked to leave.

Police prosecutors told the Melbourne Magistrates Court Greene stepped in after the bouncer and one of his friends started to wrestle.

Greene, who was using a crutch because of an ankle injury, punched the bouncer twice to the head or upper body.

Advertisement
The 21-year-old, who is from Melbourne but lives in Rozelle in Sydney during the AFL season, was pulled away by a staff member, but punched the victim twice more before the group fled.

Both men were later arrested and spent four hours in police cells for being drunk in a public place.

Greene's lawyer Bernie Balmer said he had already been punished by his football club and had potentially missed out on bonus earnings.

Greater Western Sydney fined Greene $5000 and issued him with a five-match suspension for drinking alcohol while injured and for failing to notify the club of his arrest.

Magistrate Franz Holzer supported the prosecution's call for general deterrence.

"As a public figure he is expected to be a role model," he said.

Reading from a victim impact statement, Mr Holzer said the bouncer still had nightmares and believed that one more punch or kick could have killed him.

"Gratuitous street violence in this manner shouldn't be condoned," he said.

Both men were fined $2500 without conviction.

OVERALL STANDINGS

The Del Re Medal.

437644_thumb.jpg

For the first time in the history of the AFL Final 8, not one team managed to kick more goals than behinds. This would explain why only 53 players to kick at least one goal, which is well below the AFL average. It would also explain the low scores, with only eight teams managing to score in triple figures.

TempleTheRat has taken out The Del Re Medal for recording the highest total for week one of the finals. Named after the 188cm and 95kg Full Forward from Williamstown, Del Re is best known for his heroics under Terry Wheeler, especially for his brilliant 1992 season. It was his eight goals in the first week of the 1992 finals that he is best remembered for, when he kicked a career high eight goals.

rvj4h2.png

ymnti.png

ml1fvb.png

2w3yf4l.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

The Jack Collins Medal

JACK+COLLINS+TC.jpg

At the conclusion of each of the first three weeks of finals, each team will receive between 16 and one point depending on where you ranked for that week. The top ranked team will receive 16 points, the second ranked team will receive 15 points, so on and so forth until the bottom ranked team for that week receives one point.

At the end of the Preliminary Final, the top eight teams who have received the highest number of points under this format will play off in the Champions League.

The Champions League, played during the Grand Final week, will be awarded to the highest scoring team of the four teams competing in the Champions League.

The Tiebreaker rules for any teams equal on points will be decided by the following format:

1. Highest overall score
2. Highest weekly score
3. Fewest number of zeros over the first three weeks.

The winner of the Champions League will receive the Jack Collins Medal.

Collins kicked a career high 84 goals in the Bulldogs' breakthrough 1954 premiership season, including seven goals in the Grand Final. What better way than to acknowledge this great man for awarding the winner of the Champions League a medal in his honour?

20ac40y.png

Last edited:
ELIMINATOR

The Dicko Medal

ee5167479863830c2e8b222f2517cfc8

The four lowest scoring teams for the first week of finals have been eliminated. This will be repeated in the second week of finals, with the four lowest scoring remaining teams being eliminated, which will reduce the field to eight. In the Preliminary Final, the three lowest scoring remaining teams will be eliminated, reducing the field to five.

The five remaining teams in the eliminator will face off against each other in the Grand Final.

In the Grand Final, one team will be eliminated at the end of each quarter (the lowest scoring team at the end of each quarter) until we have only one team standing.

The last team standing will win the eliminator.

What better way to award the winner of this competition with The Dicko Medal, the man who kicked goals in all four of the Bulldogs' winning finals in their triumphant 2016 campaign? He was the only player who kicked goals in all four matches - a feat that would not have seen him eliminated.

30djwjp.png

Bah!

Nice to know these comps are in play before you pick your first team....

Hey StringyDog looks like Pie success has gone to the head of old mate X_box_X and he's out for World domination. Eliminated both of us in the first week and kept himself in....

This stinks of corruption

Applied for a job at the AFL yet X..I mean Gil?

Bah!

Nice to know these comps are in play before you pick your first team....

Hey StringyDog looks like Pie success has gone to the head of old mate X_box_X and he's out for World domination. Eliminated both of us in the first week and kept himself in....

This stinks of corruption

Applied for a job at the AFL yet X..I mean Gil?

Yep rules on the run, finding ways to rid fellow pie winners, stinks to high heaven i tells ya!

The top two were driven by Riolis, what happens week two when there are no Riolis ?

The wise woman has been sacked, team "J" disbanded due to poor performance.

Next round will bring a new theme and a fresh attempt at world domination.

How does it work from here I never read the small print ?

I'm struggling to keep up.

No, that's an overstatement. I'm totally confused.

How do the the top eight teams "play off" in GF week for the Collins Medal? An on-line chess tournament? Or is it the top four teams? The post seems to contradict itself.
Is this a separate comp ... since elsewhere you say only 5 teams make it through. How can the bottom four teams receive points in week 2 (and again in week 3) when they've been eliminated under the Tory Dickson Medal rules? They won't have any player picks. There will only be 12 teams competing in week 2 and eight teams left competing in week 3.

In the GF, is it the lowest scoring team for that quarter eliminated or is it cumulative? And if cumulative, is it cumulative for the GF or the cumulative score over the whole finals series? (Or cumulative over something else.) If only for the GF (i.e. all scores are reset to zero before the bounce) it penalises those who scored highest in previous rounds.
What if nobody has a goalkicker in the first quarter? Or any quarter for that matter.

Will there be new rules each week?

How does all this relate to sausage rolls? And where's the sauce?

I'm going to the Pie court - where is Irene Chatfield when you need her....

is my sausage in or out? Does my sausage still qualify as a Dick-son entry or am I a Del-re?

I don't bloody know

Just suspend Greene and be done with it Gil

When did the Collins Medal start? is it Collins or Colons?

Can we start again - can you eliminate next week when we know the rules?

I'm going to the Pie court - where is Irene Chatfield when you need her....

is my sausage in or out? Does my sausage still qualify as a Dick-son entry or am I a Del-re?

I don't bloody know

Just suspend Greene and be done with it Gil

When did the Collins Medal start? is it Collins or Colons?

Can we start again - can you eliminate next week when we know the rules?
If you don't know whether your sausage is in or out I think you've had a bit too much grass man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back