Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think Bell & co have forgotten what he's cost? if they want him out this badly think how serious it must be. That said, this could still be his manager trying to snag any club at all to use as leverage against Freo in negotiation, after Jlo asked for things to be kept behind closed doors it seemly unlikely we would be the ones spruiking a fire sale behind his back.

This is cooked.

Our club is a rabble if this is true. We have invested significant assets into him and now we are trying to pay other clubs to take him.

Disgusting from the club.

Add the 3 year extension given to Blakely as further proof that we love shooting ourselves in the foot.
Like I said the last page, I don't necessarily have a problem with this decision. I have a problem with the original one.

So just hope we have finally learnt our lesson and this is the first step on that path.

So much melting

Everyone’s clearly in the anger phase still

The guys clearly a fckwit who is continually pushing the boundaries and expectations set by the club

Why does everyone think they know more than what a collective leadership group of the organisation know? And what are the behaviours and drivers that have led to where we are now?

You have to trust they know what they’re doing - Garlic would have his fingers all over this addition to Bell, so trust it’s an aligned decision and one that’s been in the making for months, all back to when we weren’t playing him.

Get what we can for him - chalk it up to another failed attempt to turn another troubled soul around and draft within, or trust we have a plan in place.

If you want to be angry - be angry at the fckwit who can’t get his s**t in order. And yeah be angry that we paid a lot for him, but you’re all the same people that wanted him in 2 years ago (as was I) and was happy to give up the pick 5 or whatever it was. Many, many examples of top picks not delivering so here’s another.

It’s done, we move on, and I’ll be just fine with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Edmund (SEN) claiming we've told other clubs they can get Jesse "on the cheap" (we'll "accept very little") and that we may even pay some of his salary for next year.

That should make everyone happy...
I just listened to the audio. They say there are "up to six clubs interested".

Sydney and GWS are interested and Gary Lyon channels Trump - "I have heard", "people are saying" that Richmond may be interested.

Given JL has specifically said we haven't spoken to Jesse and his management and that these things should be happening behind closed doors - my gut feel is that this is coming from Hogan's side and they're either desperate to get out or trying to understand Jesse's current market value.

If we’re moving on the cheap there must be reasons for it. I wouldn’t expect full disclosure from the club as we are dealing with mental health and Jesse doesn’t need any more of his dirty laundry aired publicly so they can justify their decision to the fans and members.
I fully support the club as they are the only ones conceivably privy to all the facts and circumstances one needs to make a balanced and rational decision. If Jesse stays I will back him in to turn it around. If he goes on the cheap I will trust the club. We are about to enter a premiership window and there’s no way we just let a key forward go because members of the media don’t like him. There are more pieces to this puzzle than what the media and the club are saying. There has to be.

My main issue is we have exactly ******* donuts to replace him.

Taberner gets injured and we are beyond f’ed

And this talk about him going to Richmond...they have two players who punched on outside a kebab shop and they're just carrying on.

Riewoldt coming to an end and we gift them a 25 year old potential gun key forward who would be a perfect foil for Lynch....that'd just about do me in

They could then load up on more mids...just ******* great

If the Dockers people manage to trade Hogan to another club and get a fair price for him you will be in a much better position going forward.

He is a long-term work-in-progress who has never yet dominated for long periods.

I honestly believe, with the quality of the list you are building, he will hold you back from going a lot further.
Brutally honest, I dont care if Hogan is on freos list in 2021.

Hogan is a quality forward but he are not heavily reliant on him like Freo were heavily reliant on Pavlich in 2012-15.

Theres a positive either way if he stays of goes.

Hogan stays, He leads our goal kicking with 40-50 goals.

Hogan leaves, we have other tall forwards in Lobb, Tabs and Cox.

The best thing is to keep Hogan.
Another young KPF is going to take a while to develop.
Unless we can get McDonald or Thilthorpe an inside/outside mid would be handy, Walker and Western.
Then look for a KPF at next year's draft
I dont mind keeping Hogan for 2021. Again we have other options.

Not sure about that. Having Cripps means that Fyfe is basically an 80:20 forward. We all saw how quickly we can score with Fyfe anchored to the goal square in the St Kilda game.
I wouldnt mind that.

I don't agree. Fyfe is great forward; in conjunction with Tabs and Lobb, that is a lot of contested marking potential.

And he'll only decline with years in the midfield bull role as the body starts to slow, whereas Cripps still has a few years on the clock for that, plus a great player for Brayshaw and Serong to learn with.

Having said that, I feel Cripps is a pipe dream - never gonna happen. Why would Blues possibly part with their (contracted and well-loved) skipper?
Exactly. Cripps leaving the blue in 2021 would be like Fyfe leaving freo in 2017 as a free agent.

I can see fyfe do a mundy and play decent footy at 33-35 years old playing 50% in the middle and 50% on a forward flank.

So much melting

The guys clearly a fckwit who is continually pushing the boundaries and expectations set by the club

Why does everyone think they know more than what a collective leadership group of the organisation know? And what are the behaviours and drivers that have led to where we are now?

You have to trust they know what they’re doing - Garlic would have his fingers all over this addition to Bell, so trust it’s an aligned decision and one that’s been in the making for months, all back to when we weren’t playing him.

Get what we can for him - chalk it up to another failed attempt to turn another troubled soul around and draft within, or trust we have a plan in place.

If you want to be angry - be angry at the fckwit who can’t get his sh*t in order. And yeah be angry that we paid a lot for him, but you’re all the same people that wanted him in 2 years ago (as was I) and was happy to give up the pick 5 or whatever it was. Many, many examples of top picks not delivering so here’s another.

Good post. Pretty much my thoughts. As Piggy Smalls said above, I’ll back the club whatever they decide as they are the only ones with all the facts here.
If there’s up to 6 clubs interested, then that’s good. We might get something worthwhile back for him.

If Jesse is guilty of major transgressions why would we ship him off for no return and pay part of his contract.
Why not sack him for not honoring his contract and clear the books?
You’re assuming his contract has a “don’t behave like a f***wit” clause. Breach of contract is awfully hard to prove. Easier to just move him on and make him somebody else’s problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much melting

If you want to be angry - be angry at the fckwit who can’t get his sh*t in order. And yeah be angry that we paid a lot for him, but you’re all the same people that wanted him in 2 years ago (as was I) and was happy to give up the pick 5 or whatever it was. Many, many examples of top picks not delivering so here’s another.

Your post there's a "melt" if ever I've seen one. Classic emotional rant.

Breach of contract is awfully hard to prove.
His recent criminal conviction is on public record. AFL players are not supposed to bring the game into disrepute. In Jesse's case, I suspect it would be quite easy.

I have no proof, but I think Jesse's management and Freo are about to try and adjust his contract - The club doesn't want to honor his automatic extension clause, but based on recent behavior can sack him, Jesse's management say he has 5 offers on the table for X dollars times Y years.

Then the club and his management meet somewhere in the middle.

Your post there's a "melt" if ever I've seen one. Classic emotional rant.

Mine is emotional? Nup not at all. I’ve actually called for his head since the season started. I rarely get emotionally tied to a player - club yes - but player no.

They (the players) are simply an asset, depreciating in this instance.

Reality is this is a familiar tale, Sylvia was an eerily similar story.

The kid needs some serious help and support to get better, Club and Colin Young needs to be part of that. Forget about playing footy the guy is in some serious life trouble.

Another laughing stock trade from Freo.... Pick 6. Ben King would have lasted longer than hogan even if he wanted to head home to Vic at least we would have been given a trade pick.
Meh we took a risk and it hasnt paid off...... Always hated how we under achieved under the Chris Connolly era of 2002-7. Constantly trading 1st round picks every 2nd year on the likes of Peter Bell, Trent Croad, Des Headland, Josh Carr and Chris Tarrant in that 2000-06 period.

Lots of People were happy getting Harley Bennell on here. I was sitting on the fence.

I was delighted with the Cam McCarthy trade. Traded pick 3 for McCarthy, Logue, Darcy and Ryan. Shame McCarthy didnt work out.

Brad Hill trade working out so far...... Brad Hill and a 3rd rounder for Blake Acres, James Aish and Serong.

I have posted many times. I was happy we traded in Both Lobb and Hogan as they were proven KPFs.

But I was more happy to get Lobb more than Hogan for 2 reasons.

1. He hit 2 birds in one stone (not girls, structure wise). Lobb is a KPF and a back up ruck.

2. Lobb didnt have any onfield or off field issues. Lobb has had injuries but I can think of him that has done anything bad off field.

I also predicted Lobb will last long on the freo list than Hogan.

His recent criminal conviction is on public record. AFL players are not supposed to bring the game into disrepute. In Jesse's case, I suspect it would be quite easy.

I have no proof, but I think Jesse's management and Freo are about to try and adjust his contract - The club doesn't want to honor his automatic extension clause, but based on recent behavior can sack him, Jesse's management say he has 5 offers on the table for X dollars times Y years.

Then the club and his management meet somewhere in the middle.
Whatever the truth there is absolutely no way we have gone out and said to the clubs 'we want him out and you can have him on the cheap'. That is at best rumour rehashing, but is likely coming from the agent.

How does he get along with the other players?

I always see the players around Freo at cafes, bars, beach etc but Hogan never seems to be around.

Maybe the players are sick of his s**t?

I don’t get why so much hate towards the Football Club.

What’s wrong with wanting a great culture, this is Cleary what bell and co are trying to build. I myself personally back them, why not set a standard to try get us out first premiership? Because we have previously turned a blind eye to these sort of problems and look what we have to show for it.

This is no doubt in my opinion what the club is trying to build, you only have to look at who we have shipped off this off season to see why those players with a lot of talent are gone.

Don’t blame the club, blame a soon to be 26 year old man who has taken the Fremantle Football club for a ride the last two seasons. It’s a brutal business and sure I would love an under dog story where Jesse turns it around, I just can’t see it I know for a fact that Jesse is a heavy smoker, not just a weekend smoker and whilst that’s not a crime I think it shows where he is at with his professionalism.

Mine is emotional? Nup not at all. I’ve actually called for his head since the season started. I rarely get emotionally tied to a player - club yes - but player no.

They (the players) are simply an asset, depreciating in this instance.

Emotions can be at the core of storytelling and can be long winding, they don't have to be impulsive. Classic tells of emotions being in the driver's seat are name calling, black and white thinking, blaming etc.

How does he get along with the other players?

I always see the players around Freo at cafes, bars, beach etc but Hogan never seems to be around.

Maybe the players are sick of his sh*t?
He lives near me and I always see him alone. Literally never see him with anyone. Was thinking the same thing on the weekend.

Gary Lyon hey? Like he and Hogan have no baggage.
Sometimes where there's smoke there is no fire, there's just a couple of coneheads on the radio having a toke and a laugh.
And the pile on with Hogan, now his simultaneously a wild party type and a weird psycho loner. Honestly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back