Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, the board of directors played a role in our recruitment of Hogan, now?
Can you imagine the Eagles asking both Julie Bishop and Justin Langer (I think they’re still board members) whether they should trade for Tim Kelly...

I miss the Cripps rumours

Wait, the board of directors played a role in our recruitment of Hogan, now?
Can you imagine the Eagles asking both Julie Bishop and Justin Langer (I think they’re still board members) whether they should trade for Tim Kelly...

I miss the Cripps rumours
If the Board hasn't asked for a debrief on recruitment policies and strategies I'd be seriously concerned given the history of trading for high profile, high priced players with significant issues, notably long term injury and mental health issues.

It does depend if trading and recruiting are seen as operational issues. Sure the board might be briefed on the risk and the board is ultimately responsible but in the end they'd defer to the CEO and below on operational matters.

Why does there always have to be a conspiracy?

Just when the coaching/S&C has been overhauled, it is perfect to get some proper delivery to Jesse and let him kick some bags

He is worlds above the other forward options

Debating Hogan on our board. Pros are his ability. Why is he on the out at Freo? What are the cons? Is his mental health OK? What salary is he on?
He had clinical anxiety how is that treated?

Why is he on the out? No one knows for sure.
What are the cons? See above
Is his mental health ok? See above
What salary is he on? See above
He never had clinical anxiety, that's not a thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Debating Hogan on our board. Pros are his ability. Why is he on the out at Freo? What are the cons? Is his mental health OK? What salary is he on?
He had clinical anxiety how is that treated?
He is definitely worth a first rounder and Shai Bolton.

So the board tells the CEO to sack someone, the CEO doesn't want to so he either gets the sack or leaves of his own accord, someone from the board becomes the new CEO and sacks the guy they originally wanted to sack...

That's a lot of technicalities to basically say the board sacked the coach...

Also, let's not forget that Alcock used plenty of 'board talk' when delivering his message that Ross was going. "as a result, the Fremantle football club board has decided that the club requires a new coach" etc.

So actually yeah you might be technically right but you're just as wrong imo.
The Board certainly got the result they wanted. But the mechanism was how I explained.

Why is he on the out? No one knows for sure.
What are the cons? See above
Is his mental health ok? See above
What salary is he on? See above
He never had clinical anxiety, that's not a thing.
Sorry just googled Jesse & clinical anxiety was mentioned somewhere.
sounds like known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns.
Do you wish to keep him?

Sorry just googled Jesse & clinical anxiety was mentioned somewhere.
sounds like known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns.
Do you wish to keep him?
We all want Jesse to stay and become the gun player he threatened to be in 2018.

Some of us don't think that will happen.

Some still do.

He is definitely worth a first rounder and Shai Bolton.
Higgins wants out. Swap?

We all want Jesse to stay and become the gun player he threatened to be in 2018.

Some of us don't think that will happen.

Some still do.
Indeed. I said many many pages ago that it would be crazy to trade him out now just when it looks like he might get on the park regularly and we need to have a look at him over a year where he gets a pre-season and an uninterrupted run of games to show his stuff before we make any calls on him.
I still believe if football was the only consideration here that is what will happen.

None of us can know what is going on behind closed doors in terms of what Hogan does for the culture of the club and hence why a decision might be made to cut him loose.

Time as always will tell.

What bullshit.
There are plenty of dingbats on here rejoicing at the thought of getting rid of him.
I’d be surprised if anybody is rejoicing, but the one bloke who’s probably been a key factor in regards to any decision with Jesse is Justin Longmuir.

If he is not happy with Jesse & can’t see him as part of what he’s building, then he will call it. The coach is a massive part of the developing culture & sometimes it’s not all about the talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back