Official Team Thread The Sin City Swamprats S24 Official Team Thread - Congrats philreich

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear Swamprats and friends

Today, we lost one of our own. It was with utter shock that I opened BigFooty this morning to see Ford Fairlane's solemn announcement that drazah had passed away. All day, I've been hoping against hope that it was all a mistake, or a prank, but alas, it seems to be real.

I first met drazah, or hazard as he was then known, at a Port board pre-game meet-up. He brought along a couple of Brazilian lady friends, which I ribbed him about for weeks. At the end of SFA S23, I PMed him and he agreed to join the club. He started in a blaze of glory, memorably torching the Furies singularly in round 4, and always ready to answer a tag or to participate in the team PM. I caught up with him again, before the round 23 game against the Suns where we had a beer and a chat, and he assured me that he loved the sense of community in the Swamprats and the wider SFA. He was working on a psychology thesis to aid large companies with recruitment and retainment, and had a drive and passion for his work.

He was never shy about venturing outside the safety of his home boards, and was one of the few brave enough to post regularly on his main rival's board, but was also well known on the main AFL board, on Bay 13, and by mods from the other club boards. He had his whole life ahead of him, and it is terrible that it was taken away so suddenly.

The Swamprats leaders will discuss an apporopriate tribute to drazah, but in the meantime lets just remember his last post in the SFA

#extendantbearscontractfor3moreyears

#RIPdrazah
#doitfordrazah

Last edited:
Dear Swamprats and friends

Today, we lost one of our own. It was with utter shock that I opened BigFooty this morning to see Ford Fairlane's solemn announcement that drazah had passed away. All day, I've been hoping against hope that it was all a mistake, or a prank, but alas, it seems to be real.

I first met drazah, or hazard as he was then known, at a Port board pre-game meet-up. He brought along a couple of Brazilian lady friends, which I ribbed him about for weeks. At the end of SFA S23, I PMed him and he agreed to join the club. He started in a blaze of glory, memorably torching the Furies singularly in round 4, and always ready to answer a tag or to participate in the team PM. I caught up with him again, before the round 23 game against the Swans where we had a beer and a chat, and he assured me that he loved the sense of community in the Swamprats and the wider SFA. He was working on a psychology thesis to aid large companies with recruitment and retainment, and had a drive and passion for his work.

He was never shy about venturing outside the safety of his home boards, and was one of the few brave enough to post regularly on his main rival's board, but was also well known on the main AFL board, on Bay 13, and by mods from the other club boards. He had his whole life ahead of him, and it is terrible that it was taken away so suddenly.

The Swamprats leaders will discuss an apporopriate tribute to drazah, but in the meantime lets just remember his last post in the SFA

#RIPdrazah
#doitfordrazah
Condolences :(

Hope you have a big win for him this week

SwampStats
So...with my holiday last week, I have match reports from both round 9 and round 10 here.

In round 9, we finally recorded our first win of S24, giving the 8 new Rats their first chance to sing the club song. Holding the Roys to 2 goals for the first half, we exploded with a 10 goal third stanza to seal the game, and won easing back. Macca19 turned back the clock with 27 touches and sportsmaniac89 recorded 25 disposals and 10 marks, while Cloud_ booted 5 goals and MaxMinch dominated the ruck. We also discovered that we had a groupie, as xenxen inspired us to a season high 700 posts, with 4 Rats racking up a ton
upload_2017-10-8_21-36-2.png
Round 10 was the saddest round of all, as our beloved team-mate drazah passed away during the week. With scores level at half-time, and then facing a 7 point 3/4 time deficit, the Swamprats lifted for our new angel, with last term goals to myself, gaskin, NEGAN, ShaunDuggan and MaxMinch to record an emotional victory, our second in a row. gaskin recorded a career-best statline of 26 disposals and 2 goals, while Fizzler was perfect with his 3 kicks. We #diditfordrazah

upload_2017-10-8_21-45-15.png
Season stats, and gaskin has taken the lead in the Sticky Fingers award, but philreich continues to dominate most major categories

upload_2017-10-8_21-51-1.png

This week, we have the Baghdad Bombers, who are only 2 wins ahead of us now. They are also an active bunch, with a couple of decent rookies and great Swamprat friends KohPhi, TheCoach16 and Tony Lynn 15 so it should be a good week. We will regain the services of Power Raid, and with ShaunDuggan, Dingster, sportsmaniac89 and philreich in scintillating posting form, look forward to a win in the matchup of the only 2 teams who have not lost a match posting-wise thus far in S24. Would love to see increased contributions from Butler and Gray Day this week :straining:

#doitfordraz

ShaunDuggan
22281650_1650169955055151_6090528103930304613_n.jpg

SwampStats
So...with my holiday last week, I have match reports from both round 9 and round 10 here.

In round 9, we finally recorded our first win of S24, giving the 8 new Rats their first chance to sing the club song. Holding the Roys to 2 goals for the first half, we exploded with a 10 goal third stanza to seal the game, and won easing back. Macca19 turned back the clock with 27 touches and sportsmaniac89 recorded 25 disposals and 10 marks, while Cloud_ booted 5 goals and MaxMinch dominated the ruck. We also discovered that we had a groupie, as xenxen inspired us to a season high 700 posts, with 4 Rats racking up a ton
Round 10 was the saddest round of all, as our beloved team-mate drazah passed away during the week. With scores level at half-time, and then facing a 7 point 3/4 time deficit, the Swamprats lifted for our new angel, with last term goals to myself, gaskin, NEGAN, ShaunDuggan and MaxMinch to record an emotional victory, our second in a row. gaskin recorded a career-best statline of 26 disposals and 2 goals, while Fizzler was perfect with his 3 kicks. We #diditfordrazah

Season stats, and gaskin has taken the lead in the Sticky Fingers award, but philreich continues to dominate most major categories

View attachment 425990

This week, we have the Baghdad Bombers, who are only 2 wins ahead of us now. They are also an active bunch, with a couple of decent rookies and great Swamprat friends KohPhi, TheCoach16 and Tony Lynn 15 so it should be a good week. We will regain the services of Power Raid, and with ShaunDuggan, Dingster, sportsmaniac89 and philreich in scintillating posting form, look forward to a win in the matchup of the only 2 teams who have not lost a match posting-wise thus far in S24. Would love to see increased contributions from Butler and Gray Day this week :straining:

#doitfordraz

Thanks for the write up and kind words Ant Bear, really Looking forward to this weeks match thread. Perhaps we could all change our avatars to a black arm band for this week or even just the Sunday to remember and honour drazah? I am sure all of the Bombers would be on board.

Anyway, just a suggestion and I look forward to this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone wants to double dip my sheet is for sale, 900 dollants for you guys...

Just do it!!!!!! I am not doing a Phenom btw I am still posting on my own team thread and match threads :p

As if I needed any more proof that I live in a backwater..... I have just got Telstra mobile service back since losing it on Friday.

As if I needed any more proof that I live in a backwater..... I have just got Telstra mobile service back since losing it on Friday.

south australia has mobile service?

south australia has mobile service?
Just!

As you know, my particular enclave is full of mostly oldies or holiday makers. Losing coverage is such a safety risk. The coroner would have a field day if someone needed help and couldn't get it.

After a great thread against the Bombers, we came out on top everywhere except the scoreboard, a last-minute go-ahead goal by Macca19 cancelled out by a last-halfminute Bomber fluke. sportsmaniac89 put in a performance for the ages, amassing 42 disposals, while Grav collected 25, hauled in 11 marks and booted 2.3, and MaxMinch spanked KohPhi's arse (and also handed him a rare defeat). Cloud_ maintained his consistent form to remain in Fred Medal contention, and I collected 3 Mobbs votes (probably). But the most heart-warming performance came from drazah, who could have had his best ever game with 25 disposals. Vale.

upload_2017-10-16_20-30-46.png

sportsmaniac89's big game sees him take the lead in the handball and total disposals category, as he backs up his Toots Hibbert Medal with another outstanding season, and philreich should have added to his Mobbs tally as well to be right in contention.

upload_2017-10-16_21-40-23.png

This week, we have the Coney Island Warriors. Mainly I Dont Care. I might go bake some pies...

After a great thread against the Bombers, we came out on top everywhere except the scoreboard, a last-minute go-ahead goal by Macca19 cancelled out by a last-halfminute Bomber fluke. sportsmaniac89 put in a performance for the ages, amassing 42 disposals, while Grav collected 25, hauled in 11 marks and booted 2.3, and MaxMinch spanked KohPhi's arse (and also handed him a rare defeat). Cloud_ maintained his consistent form to remain in Fred Medal contention, and I collected 3 Mobbs votes (probably). But the most heart-warming performance came from drazah, who could have had his best ever game with 25 disposals. Vale.

View attachment 428935

sportsmaniac89's big game sees him take the lead in the handball and total disposals category, as he backs up his Toots Hibbert Medal with another outstanding season, and philreich should have added to his Mobbs tally as well to be right in contention.

View attachment 428960

This week, we have the Coney Island Warriors. Mainly I Dont Care. I might go bake some pies...

I like a bit of meat in my pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back