No Oppo Supporters The TAN 77 - Where Social Distancing is encouraged

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the funding cuts to NDIS services at the end of May to social workers, domestic and mental health some judge has approved sex workers :drunk: and I'm not talking about sex therapists. The system is ****ed.

If you are interested in true crime, Channel Nine has a special on Ivan Milat tonight, Inside Crime.
It was the British man, Onions, who escaped Milat.
He got out of the car and evaded Ivan's potshots.

If you want a nice little Sunday binge watch - High Fidelity on iView is worth the effort - 6 or so 30min epps. Zoe Kravitz is the coolest person in the world:heartbeat:

If you are interested in true crime, Channel Nine has a special on Ivan Milat tonight, Inside Crime.
It was the British man, Onions, who escaped Milat.
He got out of the car and evaded Ivan's potshots.

You should listen to the Australian True Crime series on them. That is one *** up family.

You should listen to the Australian True Crime series on them. That is one *** up family.

Not all of them, I know two of the extended family. I did some work for Alex and found him to be a really nice bloke, friendly, very couteous. You never know everything suppose from such interactions, but he seemed a good knockabout bloke. Sadly he was found dead in front Palmwoods Post Office one day after suffering a heart attack......

Ivan Milat's Coast brother regrets keeping family name

WHILE many of us were glued to Catching Milat on Sunday night, one Coast man won't be going out of his way to catch the telemovie based on backpacker murderer Ivan Milat.

Ivan's brother Alex, of Palmwoods, one of 14 Milat siblings, said he wouldn't be making any effort to watch the dramatisation of the barbaric murders of seven young backpackers in the late 1980s and early 1990s carried out by his younger brother.

"It's made to make money, a lot of it is crap," Alex (pictured right) said.

"No one asked me a question at all about it.

"Movies are made to entertain people and they'll never tell the truth when they can make more from a lie."

Alex Milat admits it has been difficult keeping the Milat name.

Alex Milat admits it has been difficult keeping the Milat name. Chris Mccormack D

Now in his mid-70s, Alex spoke of having a few regrets following the furore when Ivan was charged and eventually sentenced to seven consecutive terms of life imprisonment in 1996.

Among them was his decision to retain the family name.

"I do (regret keeping the Milat name), I f*****g do," he said.

"The first day I should've changed my name, it would definitely have been a better life.

"It'd amaze you the problems I've had with having this name."

Alex said it was frustrating that the telemovie was commissioned by a major commercial station and he was apprehensive about the added spotlight it would bring.

"All this does is give me a hard time," he said.

"You couldn't believe the s**t I'll get for the next 12 months.

"It's not a lot, but believe me, there are people that think everything on TV is the truth."

Ivan Milat was sentenced to seven consecutive life sentences after a massive police operation to find the serial killer responsible for the murders in the Belanglo State Forest that captured national and international attention.

Alex admitted he did not keep contact with his jailed brother any more, and only kept in touch with a handful of his siblings.

"Half of them didn't use the name afterward, that should tell you something," he said.

"I talk to a couple of them. I don't talk to Boris.''

Alex said he no longer had the desire to contact Ivan.

He said the strict vetting process of the letters and the similarity between all the correspondence he received from his brother in the past was enough to dull his desire to maintain contact.

"I haven't bothered, he's too far away," he said. "I just ignore it and carry on. I'm 70-odd now, it's too bloody late."

When asked whether he thought Ivan was guilty, or whether he had been framed by the authorities, Alex became cryptic.

"The decisions are made by some body else, more than likely for political reasons," he said.

"I don't even worry about it (Ivan's guilt).

"I just try to live my life and enjoy it."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good documentary on Ivan Milat on Channel 9. Inside Crime.
Paul Onions very lucky to be alive.
He got out of the car, ran in a zig-zag formation, as Milat had opened fire.
He later testified against Milat.
Key evidence.

12 maccas closed in victoria, dominos closed in victoria, but hey we have it beat, the Lebanese meatworks over 100, but hey we have it beat

mattress factories closed but hey we have it beat
She'll be right mate...Pubs will be open soon!

12 maccas closed in victoria, dominos closed in victoria, but hey we have it beat, the Lebanese meatworks over 100, but hey we have it beat

I know some of those involved with the meat factory and they literally do not give a ****, It will get much bigger.
Having said that though I don’t really expect to just suddenly rush back to strict restrictions the info provided for a delegates meeting Friday was that its expected but the health system is now adequately prepared for the expectation and hope basically that a minimum 60% of the population contract the virus, many of course unknowingly.

Where has anyone said we've beaten it?

All we did was flatten the curve, so that some sort of normality could return.

Still need to be incredibly vigilant and take all necessary precautions when outside your house.

Unfortunately there are too many morons, not saying you're one, that can't/won't show any patience and want everything reopened immediately instead of the slow and steady approach that tries to limit the risks of more outbreaks.

Those cases you highlighted show how quickly things can change if we open up too quickly

I know some of those involved with the meat factory and they literally do not give a fu**, It will get much bigger.
Having said that though I don’t really expect to just suddenly rush back to strict restrictions the info provided for a delegates meeting Friday was that its expected but the health system is now adequately prepared for the expectation and hope basically that a minimum 60% of the population contract the virus, many of course unknowingly.
We are after herd immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back