The Thread About Nothing - PART 2 OPEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh... I don't want to say they didn't deserve it, you can only beat who you play. I just don't see the Swans as the best team of 2012...

I dunno, maybe I'm just bitter about our missed opportunities...

Ugh... I don't want to say they didn't deserve it, you can only beat who you play. I just don't see the Swans as the best team of 2012...

I reckon they were personally, they knocked over Hawthorn, Collingwood and Adelaide to win it

Who do think were?

Who do think were?

Honestly, I didn't see a clear best team of 2012. Only 2 wins separated 1st from 6th.

I just felt that what I saw from Hawthorn and Sydney in 2012 is something I'd expect from a side that would finish ~4-6, not 1st and 3rd. Also can't forget Adelaide who finished equal first, they seemed more like a fringe finals side IMO... - Let's not talk about North...

This year reminds me of Footscray a few years ago (2008-2010) when they would finish around 3rd and then make it to the prelim but lack that extra something to get them into the final. They were always good team, just not a dominant one.

The 2012 season feels like that, though in this scenario, the top 2 teams don't exist so you have a good team that ends up winning not a dominant team.

If that makes sense...

What it goes to show is there aint alot in it....top 4 sides need a bit of luck in the variable department, injuries, draw andwinning their share of closies. Is fair to say that both syd and hawthorn are ot that far ahead of the pack that they are both shoe ins for 2013 play off. Both of those sides will need plenty to go right likethis year if they are to be up there coz there is a tight bunch right up their respective clackers

What it goes to show is there aint alot in it....top 4 sides need a bit of luck in the variable department, injuries, draw andwinning their share of closies. Is fair to say that both syd and hawthorn are ot that far ahead of the pack that they are both shoe ins for 2013 play off. Both of those sides will need plenty to go right likethis year if they are to be up there coz there is a tight bunch right up their respective clackers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slater is an out and out superstar of Australian sport, whilst Ballamy has an amazing ability to not only identify talent but to also get the best out of individuals .

We'll never know how Bellamy would go as an AFL coach. Agreed that he is great at bringing out the best in his players. He would do well as a development coach.

GO STORMS!

IDGAF suggested a while back that Bellamy should be looked at as coach. Didn't say we should get him, but said we could do worse. Everyone scoffed at him, including me. Not so silly now. Bellamy is an absolute genius. True genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back