The Toon Army Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, our second was offside though so it all evens out.

We've had a good run this year with the officials, so one bad decision against us was always going to happen. We didn't deserve a point anyway, terrible performance.

Yeah, our second was offside though so it all evens out.

We've had a good run this year with the officials, so one bad decision against us was always going to happen. We didn't deserve a point anyway, terrible performance.

We agree again.

The performance was simply disgraceful.

We played about 20 minutes of football. The other 70 minutes we didn't know what was going on!

Chris had done a favor for the lads and let them spend Christmas with their family, they responded by not even showing up, too much Christmas pudding and relaxation I think.

We deserved to lose. Wednesday totally outplayed us. Coloccini and Enrique were dreadful, we missed Alan Smith, he is definitely the most important player to our team, everytime he doesn't play our back four get exposed by very average players. Carroll should of come on a lot earlier, as soon as he came on, Wednesday could not handle him. He is a massive presence and this division cannot cope with him. He has to start along with Smith next game. Start Carroll and Ameobi, no defenders in this division can cope with them.

We need to come out against Derby at home and absolutely respond to that performance. We have the potential to take teams apart, we need to do that next start.

Anyone who thinks we have this division all rapt up needs to seriously get a reality check. I think anyone who watched the performance got that reality check! West Brom have a game in hand and can reduce the margin down to 5 points. We were lucky the chasing pack stuffed up again this weekend and maintained a 10 point gap. We could have extended the gap to third to a massive 12 points.....Very disappointing.

That said we have now hit the halfway mark and have amassed 50 points. Told me that at the start of the year and I would have send you to a mental institution. Fair play to the lads.

On the Harper, mind boggling decision, then again so was the Ameobi non offside, he was off side by at least 2 meters. Karma has a way of making an appearance in football.

Howay the lads.

(shortened) We need to come out against Derby at home and absolutely respond to that performance. We have the potential to take teams apart, we need to do that next start.

Anyone who thinks we have this division all rapt up needs to seriously get a reality check. I think anyone who watched the performance got that reality check! West Brom have a game in hand and can reduce the margin down to 5 points. We were lucky the chasing pack stuffed up again this weekend and maintained a 10 point gap. We could have extended the gap to third to a massive 12 points.....Very disappointing.

That said we have now hit the halfway mark and have amassed 50 points. Told me that at the start of the year and I would have send you to a mental institution. Fair play to the lads.

On the Harper, mind boggling decision, then again so was the Ameobi non offside, he was off side by at least 2 meters. Karma has a way of making an appearance in football.

Howay the lads.

Didn't watch the match, but that sounds about spot on for the season. We got a fantastic gap, but its still only half way through the season. Forest havent lost for ages, so i we dont even have auto-promotion spot yet.

The only thing we have done so far is survived relegation. Roughly, another 10 points for the rest of the season will get we will finish mid table(on 60), another 10 after that will get us into the play-offs(on 70 points), another 10 will get us auto promoted(on 80 points), while another 10 after all this will see us champions with 90 points. So, that is another 40 points out of 69 games for us to finish champions, roughly. That is the same amount as Forest at the moment have.

We haven't finished yet.

Sounds about right Bobby.

We are definitely favorites but have to only concentrate on the next game. If we do that, we should be right. If we get too far in front of ourselves thats where we could face problems.

Getting Joey Barton back in January would be good. He provides creativity in the middle of the park and is a true box to box player. Will allow us to play away from home with the midfield of Smith and Barton in the middle of the park with Nolan in an advanced role next to the striker on occasions. As they are saying, it will be like a new signing. If he can keep his head right, which a few have said on NUTV that he is doing very well training at the minute, he has too much quality for this league.

In January what do others feel would be an ideal transfer window, considering we have an owner that won't spend a dollar.

Taken from http://www.nufc.com/2009-10html/transfers-hughton.html

In:
Aug 2009 Danny Simpson Manchester United Loan
Aug 2009 Fraser Forster Bristol Rovers Loan ended
Sep 2009 Peter Lovenkrands Unattached Free
Sep 2009 Zurab Khizanishvili Blackburn Rovers Loan
Sept 2009 Marlon Harewood Aston Villa Loan
Nov 2009 Fabrice Pancrate Unattached Trial
Nov 2009 Fabrice Pancrate Unattached Free

Out:
Jul 2009 Jonny Godsmark Hereford United Loan
Jul 2009 Fraser Forster Bristol Rovers Loan
Jul 2009 Obafemi Martins Wolfsburg £9m
Aug 2009 Sebastien Bassong Tottenham Hotspur £tbc
Aug 2009 Habib Beye Aston Villa £tbc
Aug 2009 Damien Duff Fulham £tbc
Aug 2009 Fraser Forster Norwich Loan
Aug 2009 Xisco Racing Santander Loan
Nov 2009 Fraser Forster Norwich Loan extended
Dec 2009 Zurab Khizanishvili Blackburn Rovers Loan ended

As you can see, we have taken more than a little bit of cash from sales in Hughton's time, I would say just over £20m and spent absolutely nothing. Not a cent. Puts it in perspective what a fabulous job Chris has actually done when you look at this table.

So what about January. What can you seeing our greedy owner giving and us doing?

I hope we have done enough to show him that if he can invest a few million into this squad to ensure promotion, he will get us sold and get all the cash the greedy fat f**ker wants.

From what I hear we have a chance to nab Matthew Kilgallon from Sheffield United and Kris Boyd from Rangers, whilst making Danny Simpson's loan deal permanent. I think we will send Harewood back to Aston Villa due to our interest in Boyd. Would love to get Tom Cleverley from Manchester United too. We have been linked in the past and think he would add that creative spark in the middle of the park we need. With Watfords issues at the moment we could maybe sense an opportunity. Who knows.

January to us is vital, like every team but with a few teams wanting to splash some cash to chase us it is imperative to stay in front of the pack. Whats the other Geordies thoughts?

Danny Simpson in permanently will be the only bit of business we do.

Also, I'm not a fan of Joey Barton going straight back into the side when he comes back. Make him earn it.

Danny Simpson in permanently will be the only bit of business we do.

Also, I'm not a fan of Joey Barton going straight back into the side when he comes back. Make him earn it.

He definitely needs to earn it but I am sure we will see him in our squad sooner rather than later.

Quite simply a fit Joey Barton adds to our team.

Well that was a fookin wake up call.

after defending well all season we allowed Wednesday a lot of space close to our goal last night and they used it too.

Im not a sourpuss for the hell of it but not well played at all last night and we may have gotten away with a point. Beware the team battling relegation and wake the hell up.

They need a shake up today and ensure we beat Derby on Monday.

The key reason we've defended so well this season is because Alan Smith does such a good job shielding the back four.

He doesn't play, and they looked just as bad as they were last season.

The key reason we've defended so well this season is because Alan Smith does such a good job shielding the back four.

He doesn't play, and they looked just as bad as they were last season.

Spot. On.

Alan Smith is our most valuable player and for mine is the best player in the Championship.

Every week he battles and ensures we are protected. We had the best defense in the Championships because of him. Nicky Butt comes in to his place and we look rattled.

Vital player we need, and our heart and soul.

Quite amazing turn around for Smith. Was a joke and couldnt get a game under Shearer, now he is one of our most important player. Just wish he stop getting carded every 2 games.

We should beat Derby. Their away form all year has been poor (6 points in 11 games), and ours fantastic. Hopefully we get an early goal to ease the nerves. If we get one, i can see us winning 3-0.

Disappointing draw, more drop points and now we have some real pressure in the pack chasing us.

We totally dominated a Derby team, that was dominated by Bywater and Miles Addison who both were realy impressive.

Nile Ranger should have put away the chance at the end, in fact we could of won that game 5 - 0.

I think it may be for resting players during this busy time, but our most deadly striker Ameobi was on the bench. I would have started him and Carroll. Ryan Taylor in for Guthrie.....I was scratching my head. I understand the decision, but was still scratching my head.

Hughton has come out and said we need a CB and another striker.

Strong reports are we are in for Beckford from Leeds and Kilgallon from Sheffield United. Beckford has amazingly scored 19 goals in 26 games this season for Leeds. His finishing is first class. Scored another double last night! I heard he is available for 1.5 million pounds. Could be an absolute bargain.

Kilgallon is a top defender in a similar mould to Steven Taylor. Would be good to have. The deal for Danny Simpson is close also.

End of the year we are in top position, 8 points clear of the automatic promotion position, really it has been a good 2009 in the Championship. 11 games unbeaten, with West Brom at home in the biggest game this season for us. A win against the Baggies in the first game of the year could mean so much and put us in a really dominant position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, what can you say?

We might have dropped 2 more points (at home as well), but that performance is nothing to be angry about. We absolutely dominated and were unlucky not to win at least 3 or 4 nil.

The Lovenkrands - Carroll partnership actually worked quite well I thought. We can't really afford to play Carroll and Ameobi together, because that means we'll only be playing one type of football.

Beckford from Leeds is about the only one of those deals that I actually believe.

Yeah, it was just one of those games. We really dont like playing in the festive season at all in recent years.

FA Cup with Plymouth next. Hopefully we will win, but i think a worst result could be a replay, as im guessing the game would be mid-week before the vital WBA game(which is on a Monday, so not as bad as it could be).

I would play a strong squad, as we should be too much for them. (Plymouth that is). In saying that, it these type of games we seem to be dropping at the moment.

I thought it worked well in the 1st half, but then Lovenkrands went missing.

I dont really want beckford, especially for 1.5 mil or something like that. Yes, he scored a lot of goals, but in the Div below us, and he is a bit of a sook. Reckon we just do a couple of loan signings.

Just noticed an ad on ONEHD for a Newcastle special on Monday night.

At 7.30 is a "Newcastle's Greatest Games Special", although it does have the heading of FA Cup, so it obviously can't be finals.:(

At 9.00 is a Newcastle vs Chelsea matchup from the 1995/96 FA Cup, which seems to be the 3rd round game we lost on penalties.

The first show might be worth watching anyway.

Hopefully we can get past Plymouth Argyle tonight and at least make the 4th round.:)

I love the third round of the FA Cup, the romance of it all, and I would love to play a Premier League team and win just to show we are still around!

In saying that, with our squad depth and everything considered, I am with FC on this.

Our motto for the first half of 2010:

"Promotion, promotion, promotion - Nothing else matters!"

Play Tim Krul, Nile Ranger, Tamas Kadar, Pancrate, Lovenkrands, Butt, Lua Lua, Donaldson, Morris etc. Give them all game time and experience. Wish Vuckic wasn't injured.

Just keep our focus firmly on the League and extending our lead at the top.

Promotion, promotion, promotion - Nothing else matters!

Krul
Taylor - Simpson - Kadar - Enrique
Pancrate - Guthrie - Butt - LuaLua
Lovenkrands - Ranger

Krul

Simpson - Coloccini - Kadar - R.Taylor

Pancrate - Butt - Smith - Guthrie

Ranger - Ameobi

He has rested far too few in my opinion.

What the hell is Smith, Ameobi and Coloccini doing out there? They need to be left out. Play Guthrie in the middle and have Lua Lua on the wing and put Lovenkrands out there instead of Ameobi.

I am nervous, not about the result either....

In no way, shape or form should Alan Smith be out there :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back