The Toon Army Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea 0-2 West Brom

Barnsley 2-1 Notts Forest

Another soft penalty for WBA, Oh Well, Notts forest lost. If we win tonight, that would make the gap 12 points and 20GD, with another game in hand, and with only 9 games to go for Notts, including one against us @St James Park. Its nearly party time.

Swansea 0-2 West Brom

Barnsley 2-1 Notts Forest

Another soft penalty for WBA, Oh Well, Notts forest lost. If we win tonight, that would make the gap 12 points and 20GD, with another game in hand, and with only 9 games to go for Notts, including one against us @St James Park. Its nearly party time.

Won and won well, should have been by more but I'd take 3 - 0.

12 points clear of Forest with a game in hand and a 23GD. All looking well.

I may be wrong but even if Forest win all their 9 games, we still have to lose 6 of our 10 remaining to drop out of the top two?

Almost party time. :p

Won and won well, should have been by more but I'd take 3 - 0.

12 points clear of Forest with a game in hand and a 23GD. All looking well.

I may be wrong but even if Forest win all their 9 games, we still have to lose 6 of our 10 remaining to drop out of the top two?

Almost party time. :p

We need 16 points from 10 games, and that's if Forest won all theirs.

If anyone could stuff this up it's us!

As long as Carroll stays fit, European Football in 2011/12.

Another impressive performance by the lad this morning, absolutely unplayable on occasions.

He will be a handful for even Premier League sides next season (if we get there) make no mistake. I think some posters on here owe him an apology really. He is developing at a rapid rate.

Liverpool are going to buy him.

He fits right in with our side without any pace, who play hoofball to a central striker, and then Nando can play off him and knock in 49 goals a season after Carroll wins all the headers.

Liverpool are going to buy him.

He fits right in with our side without any pace, who play hoofball to a central striker, and then Nando can play off him and knock in 49 goals a season after Carroll wins all the headers.

You guys got any money left?

He will not leave Newcastle next season, a Geordie through and through.

Funny enough today there was minimal hoof ball, like most occasions we play at home, and Andy was still best on pitch. Funny that. Amazing he can play any other style....

His second goal shows the added skill of the boy. Lovely bit of football.

You guys got any money left?

He will not leave Newcastle next season, a Geordie through and through.

Funny enough today there was minimal hoof ball, like most occasions we play at home, and Andy was still best on pitch. Funny that. Amazing he can play any other style....

His second goal shows the added skill of the boy. Lovely bit of football.

We'll just be able to afford Andy after we sell Nate Eccleston to Huddersfield for 200k.

We'll just be able to afford Andy after we sell Nate Eccleston to Huddersfield for 200k.

:D

Good luck with that.

I am confident Andy will be a handful at the next level for us. Will be a year older and has had a good season of experience in the Championship against some tough defenders.

Has a good off season, gets a tad bigger and stronger, he will be a top player.

Liverpool can go and buy the next N'gog. :p

Andy Carroll will be playing with us next year providing we are in the top flight.

It's only going to be a choke that stops it now but if any club in England is capable of such a choke....

So depressingly true. Although Hughton does seem to have instilled some stability at the club.

Did well to get a point on the weekend. Carroll, Nolan were good again. I don't rate Guthrie - he is an ok Championship player. Tamas Kadar looks to have a bright future.

I'm really hoping we bring in some quality next year. Will Hughton go around again or will they bring in a big name?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steve Taylor might be glad if Andy goes ...

Steven Taylor's jaw broken after 'bust-up' with Newcastle team-mate Andy Carroll
By Colin Young Last updated at 8:05 AM on 23rd March 2010

link

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor has suffered a broken jaw following an alleged row with team-mate Andy Carroll over the striker's ex-girlfriend.

link

Steve Taylor might be glad if Andy goes ...

Good to see the spirit of Joey Barton is going strong in the toon.

Heard there was a bust up this morning, didn't realise it was so serious.

Can't see both remaining at the club, wouldn't even surprise me if neither played for Newcastle again.

Good to see the spirit of Joey Barton is going strong in the toon.

Heard there was a bust up this morning, didn't realise it was so serious.

Can't see both remaining at the club, wouldn't even surprise me if neither played for Newcastle again.

If it's as serious as its been made out to be - at least one of them will go.

More people like Steven Taylor than Andy Carroll but I guess it depends on what sort of fees we can get for both (which is what Mike Ashley will be looking at).

I'll be interested to see what TigerBob thinks about this incident actually....

I don't have enough information about the incident to comment.

I am sure it won't stop people who don't like Andy, can see them celebrating as I read....

All I will say is the players looked to be right behind Andy tonight, before the game, during the game, when he scored and after the game. You would think that well loved figure of Steven Taylor would get a bit more support, but in all the footage I have seen, it looked like the players were genuinly right behind the lad.

Who knows what actually took place? Could have Steven Taylor done a John Terry? Did Andy really punch Taylor first?

A lot of guess work going on here and in the media.

Whatever has happened, he scored another vital goal for us, makes that 16 for the season. For him to come through the issues and perform like he did deserves some credit. 80 points now with a game in hand over Forest with them only having a max of 21 points available and a game against us at St.James'.

I don't have enough information about the incident to comment.

I am sure it won't stop people who don't like Andy, can see them celebrating as I read....

Who doesn't like Andy? I don't know many Newcastle supporters that don't.

I do, however, know a few who think his ability is limited.

All I will say is the players looked to be right behind Andy tonight, before the game, during the game, when he scored and after the game. You would think that well loved figure of Steven Taylor would get a bit more support, but in all the footage I have seen, it looked like the players were genuinly right behind the lad.

Steven Taylor is a twat (apparently). It wouldn't surprise me either, always had everything given to him on a platter, never had to work for anything etc.

But the team was behind the team, not Carroll. Carroll scored another crucial goal for the TEAM, so of course the team-mates are going to be behind him.

I'd like to think our squad is professional enough to keep personal opinions out of the way of what happens in the dressing room and on the pitch.

Who knows what actually took place? Could have Steven Taylor done a John Terry? Did Andy really punch Taylor first?

Whatever has happened, he scored another vital goal for us, makes that 16 for the season. For him to come through the issues and perform like he did deserves some credit. 80 points now with a game in hand over Forest with them only having a max of 21 points available and a game against us at St.James'.

I assume you mean in all competitions? He's got 13 in the league which is still a very good effort.

Not exactly the brightest thing to do with a court case coming up for assault in a months time though is it?

Raises hand.:eek:

In saying, this event has pushed me to put him into the dislike list. If news which comes out that he is not a thug for braking a team-mates jaw(etc a Terry like thing), I release him from my dislike list.

I do, however, know a few who think his ability is limited.

Steven Taylor is a twat (apparently). It wouldn't surprise me either, always had everything given to him on a platter, never had to work for anything etc.

But the team was behind the team, not Carroll. Carroll scored another crucial goal for the TEAM, so of course the team-mates are going to be behind him.

I'd like to think our squad is professional enough to keep personal opinions out of the way of what happens in the dressing room and on the pitch.

I assume you mean in all competitions? He's got 13 in the league which is still a very good effort.

Not exactly the brightest thing to do with a court case coming up for assault in a months time though is it?

No the players were behind Andy Carroll. This wasn't a normal game.

The hugs before the game in warmups, the talks with Nicky Butt, Kevin Nolan, the encouragement, then when he scored you could see it meant a heap to our team that Andy Carroll scored the goal. It was a reaction of someone coming back after a long time out and scoring, the players were very emotional towards Andy Carroll. After the game to see Tamas Kadar go straight to Andy and celebrate the win. It wasn't a normal proceeding. Anyone watching the game (no matter the quality) could see that.

Body Language is everything, watching it closely leads me to suspect all isn't as it appears. Colloccini and Jonas I found very emotional with Andy. You would think if it was "normal" this wouldn't be the case.

You have no clue what happened. None whatsoever, so calling him a **** or whatever you want to call him is a tad inappropriate don't you think? That goes with everyone. It has not come out what happened, and the fact the club is launching an investigation, the fact Andy started on the ground, the fact the players were right behind him, tells me we must wait and see what occurs before shooting our gobs off.

Andy has been a massive reason why we are on top and heading for the Premier League. Pundits that have seen every game of Championship Football have said he is the best striker in the Championship, and his record, his performances, and this latest effort demostrates they are very close to the mark. Not bad for a 20 year old. Not bad at all. Still has a ton of improvement, let's hope it's with us!

No the players were behind Andy Carroll. This wasn't a normal game.

The hugs before the game in warmups, the talks with Nicky Butt, Kevin Nolan, the encouragement, then when he scored you could see it meant a heap to our team that Andy Carroll scored the goal. It was a reaction of someone coming back after a long time out and scoring, the players were very emotional towards Andy Carroll. After the game to see Tamas Kadar go straight to Andy and celebrate the win. It wasn't a normal proceeding. Anyone watching the game (no matter the quality) could see that.

Body Language is everything, watching it closely leads me to suspect all isn't as it appears. Colloccini and Jonas I found very emotional with Andy. You would think if it was "normal" this wouldn't be the case.

You have no clue what happened. None whatsoever, so calling him a **** or whatever you want to call him is a tad inappropriate don't you think? That goes with everyone. It has not come out what happened, and the fact the club is launching an investigation, the fact Andy started on the ground, the fact the players were right behind him, tells me we must wait and see what occurs before shooting our gobs off.

Andy has been a massive reason why we are on top and heading for the Premier League. Pundits that have seen every game of Championship Football have said he is the best striker in the Championship, and his record, his performances, and this latest effort demostrates they are very close to the mark. Not bad for a 20 year old. Not bad at all. Still has a ton of improvement, let's hope it's with us!

Hahahaha.

You're such a hypocritical **** it's not funny.

You believed everything about Mike Ashley when it was released in the media with no substance, yet straight away you're on Andy Carroll's side because 'the facts haven't been released'.

He assaults someone in a nightclub - that shows a lot about a persons character. He then assaults one of his team-mates in training (it's what happened, no-one knows what it was about but everyone knows Carroll punched him).

The players were behind Andy Carroll because they had to be for the team. They'd be behind anyone in the same circumstances. Our current team is extremely professional - to let emotions run onto the pitch is completely unprofessional.

Our players have been behind Joey Barton throughout everything that's gone on, so they're not just behind Carroll because he's so awesome :rolleyes:

Nolan and Butt are the captains of the club - what do you honestly expect them to do?

Carroll was originally left behind in Newcastle before being called up because of injuries. Taylor has publicly stated that it was Carroll who punched him but he doesn't want to press charges.

It's clear what happened, just not why it happened, and the fact that it's his second time says A LOT about his character.

He's done an exceptional job for us, but he's a limited footballer. He'll do a job for us next season to, but if we want to progress and make Europe we need to replace him. That's just how it is.

We needed the team to stay strong - to remain united - and the fact that they have through everything this season is a testament to all of their characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back