The Toon Army Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will get a fair bit of first team action this season. looks to be a fantastic prospect and good to see him commit to the club.

Would of thought Harper will be an ever present this season.

Will he be tried out in the cups?

Harper is old. wont take much for a groin injury to ruin his season. Krul or F.Foster are nearly as good as him now anyway. Hopefully we can keep both youngsters. Wonder if Foster will now go on loan again, or if it is Krul's turn.

We still need to a new CM. Someone with an X-factor, or we wont score too many goals this year.

Looks as though we will sign Benny Arfa for around 6 mill in the next few days, he is a super player and would be one of the more exciting wingers in the PL. We will only keep him for a season though, would be good business as the kid is a star! We need some attacking options from the midfield, Routledge is far to slow for the PL.

Looks as though we will sign Benny Arfa for around 6 mill in the next few days, he is a super player and would be one of the more exciting wingers in the PL. We will only keep him for a season though, would be good business as the kid is a star! We need some attacking options from the midfield, Routledge is far to slow for the PL.

It will almost certainly be a loan deal.

Will be getting up to watch.

Anyone else cant be bothered getting up on Tuesday morning to watch us lose.

Not looking forward to this season.

Your joking right?

We have been waiting about 18 months for this match, our return to the premier league.

While I hope we perform well, I'll just be glad to see the black and white running around in the worlds' greatest league.:thumbsu:

I'll get up for this, and any other game, god I hope Foxtel aren't lying to us when they say they have every game live this season, I want to see every minute of every Newcastlle game.:)

Plus, if you want to play a top side, opening day can be the time to do it, as players are still getting over injuries, form is hard to predict and some teams can start slow.

I'd say we might lose "respectfully", about 2-1.:)

Sadly no, im not joking. I liked winning last year. It was a totally new experience, one which i lacked as a Newcastle supporter for a very long time. Im fearing our team is not good enough this year, and that its going to be another long season in the Premier League. Hope the boys prove me wrong though.

You are right about playing at OT now is the best time of year. last time we got a draw.

Oh well, that couldn't have gone any worse, although the score should have been 5-0 at least.:eek:

We started ok, but after the first 15 minutes, they slaughtered us.

It is going to be a long season, but we just have to take advantage of our home games and get points there, because away we will suck as always.

It doesn't get a lot easier though, Villa at St James' next week, I'd accept a draw, but hope for a win.

Shouldn't have been 5-0 at all.

We were average, but all 3 of those goals shouldn't have happened.

They went in with the mentality the Australia took into Germany the World Cup, so the result is no surprise.

Reckon we'll do a lot better against the mid range teams than we did 2 seasons ago.

No need to slit wrists yet.

Sorry that could have easily been 5 if Man U were more accurate with their shots, they put some golden opportunity's wide.

I think it's a given were going to concede goals this year and clean sheets are going to be rare. We need to make more chances than the couple of tough chances we did against Man U. It was always going to be a hard start off game but we really need to hunt the goals better than we were.

Two Weeks That Could Shape the Destiny of Newcastle United’s Season
The first round of Premier League games has been completed and the good news for Newcastle United is that they are the right side of the relegation cut-off line, albeit by one place. Stop the season now.

http://football.fanhouse.co.uk/2010/08/18/two-weeks-that-could-shape-the-destiny-of-newcastle-uniteds-sea/
the second half of the article is quite interesting:

For his efforts not to risk the club’s long- term financial future Ashley can’t be overly criticised, but it’s about striking a balance, one between speculating enough to give Hughton a decent chance of plotting a route to safety, weighed against the fiscal abyss that is relegation.
At present, it appears the owner is being overly conservative, making short-term savings, but risking much bigger long-term losses that dropping back into the Champi- onship would bring with it.
Time is ticking. It may be a nine-month season, but Newcastle’s chances of survival could rest on the next fortnight.

Didn't catch the first game of the season. How did the boys go? Obviously winning at Old Trafford is very difficult, even when we were a top 4 team we struggled there but where there positive signs? What's Perch like? I've never seen him play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were very nervous and happy to sit back and let Man U have most of the possession. We should have had the first goal but Andy Carrol missed a free header from a Joey Barton corner. After Man U scored twice before the first half the game was basically over.

We need to respond well at home against Aston Villa. Will be a good test, we need to go into the games with the same confidence we did in the Championship and we should be ok.

Perch was pretty good at right back. Didn't go forward too much but was solid in defence but then again we were playing Mancester United.

We were very nervous and happy to sit back and let Man U have most of the possession. We should have had the first goal but Andy Carrol missed a free header from a Joey Barton corner. After Man U scored twice before the first half the game was basically over.

We need to respond well at home against Aston Villa. Will be a good test, we need to go into the games with the same confidence we did in the Championship and we should be ok.

Perch was pretty good at right back. Didn't go forward too much but was solid in defence but then again we were playing Mancester United.

without having watched the game.. just from reading articles/forum posts and listening to the broadcast.. or a chunk of it anyway.... i got the impression that perch was disappointing...

without having watched the game.. just from reading articles/forum posts and listening to the broadcast.. or a chunk of it anyway.... i got the impression that perch was disappointing...
That would be a fair assessment. I just considered that we were playing Man U away and he would have been very nervous on debut. We'll judge him when we play Aston Villa on Sunday.

Where does that signing leave Dan Gosling?

One of his reasons for joining Newcastle was more match time in a central midfield position.

I couldn't see him playing there while Barton, Smith, Nolan and Guthrie are fit and he's even further back in the pack now.

To be honest all he will ever be IMO is another version of Perch - He's somebody who is useful due to his versatility, but isn't good enough in any single position to play for a club like Newcastle.

Where does that signing leave Dan Gosling?

One of his reasons for joining Newcastle was more match time in a central midfield position.

I couldn't see him playing there while Barton, Smith, Nolan and Guthrie are fit and he's even further back in the pack now.

To be honest all he will ever be IMO is another version of Perch - He's somebody who is useful due to his versatility, but isn't good enough in any single position to play for a club like Newcastle.

gosling is out injured for at least another 4 months.

and he's only 20 years old.

Oh my god, I'm so pumped, that was an amazing first half.

It could well have been a 3-2 scoreline, with the missed penalty from Carew, and the offside ruling against the whingearse Young.

But then Newcastle got going, so happy for the 3 goal scorers.

And we finally have someone with pace like the Dyer used to have, Routdledge was brilliant.

And Carroll scored for my fantasy team, woo hoo.:)

Routledge cant pass. Runs fast but he has no final ball.

Was dancing around the living room four times. Loving it.

I couldnt give a stuff if he couldnt shot/pass/tackle, he is fast and that is what we have been lacking for a long time.

Love the Jonas/Jose combo down our left. Long may that continue.

Well, im cheering up. Here is hoping we finish the game with a win, and continue in this form.

LOVING it so far. pace and creativity going forward, players going in hard making tackles, 45 minutes to go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back