The Ultimate Fighter Season 10 - Heavyweights

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the 5th ep, I'll spoiler tag for those who havent yet.

5-0!!! The incompetence continues on "team" Rampage. Not much of a team at all. I still cannot believe Rampage brought Tiki with him, while Rashad came along with Greg Jackson. Staggering. Beautiful work from Justin though, had his way with Wes on the ground. No surprise that Wes went to sleep instead of tapping out. This season lost a lot of its appeal with the coaches not fighting anymore though, all this smack talk for nothing.

Rampage looked like he was gonna kill Rashad when he called him selfish. Spewin we won't see them fight after this is all done.

On sherdog there were threads about Rashad and Tiki having an argument. Did I miss this or are we an episode behind?

Rampage hoping his bloke would "hulk up" and power out of the arm triangle was funny.

There is definitely some heat building between Rashad and Rampage... tragedy its not happening because Rampage is having Mr T delusional fantasies.

Video of that here.
Found that just minutes after posting. Did Tiki actually think the producers would let them go out to the carpark and fight? Probably a good move actually, considering he challenged Rashad with Van Aarsdale and Marquardt standing right behind him.

Jensen displayed probably the worst sub defense that I've ever seen in a UFC fight. Perhaps he was stunned by the shots t***ies was landing before the takedown but I think I could have escaped that triangle attempt after a month of BJJ training.

It's 6-0 and Rampage hasn't even ripped apart the cardboard door yet.

Jensen displayed probably the worst sub defense that I've ever seen in a UFC fight. Perhaps he was stunned by the shots t***ies was landing before the takedown but I think I could have escaped that triangle attempt after a month of BJJ training.

It's 6-0 and Rampage hasn't even ripped apart the cardboard door yet.

he sat inside it for about a minute before t***ies thought about squeezing... why his first thought wasnt to get his head out from between his legs is beyond me

The dude was PAST! He wasn't just escaped, he was past the ****ing guard. How he got done with it is a mystery. He basically gave it back to him, some terrible BJJ. If anything this season has shown how important BJJ is in MMA. That's about all. At least Jensen should have the heat off him in the house now, he showed more heart than most of the pea's in there, but damn that was some of the shitest skills I've seen on the mat from someone who is supposed to be a "fighter".

I'm not trying to sound tough guy or anything, but in all seriousness I could probably win this season of TUF. OK, maybe not win the whole thing but from what I've seen if Dana White offered me some money to fight 2/3rds of these dudes I'd probably take the fight and go in confident my BJJ and wrestling would do the job. And that's not saying how good I am, it's saying how bad these dudes really are.

Yeah this season easily has the least talented group of fighters. There isn't even one that stands out better than the others. They're all shit.

What's really annoying me though is how I'm starting to like Rashad. I've always hated him because of his style but he seems like a decent and intelligent guy with a lot more class than Rampage. I guess if he's a friend of GSP that should be good enough for me.

Then again, maybe it's all an editing conspiracy if you're to believe Rampage's thoughts on the show lately...

Yeah this season easily has the least talented group of fighters. There isn't even one that stands out better than the others. They're all shit.

What's really annoying me though is how I'm starting to like Rashad. I've always hated him because of his style but he seems like a decent and intelligent guy with a lot more class than Rampage. I guess if he's a friend of GSP that should be good enough for me.

Then again, maybe it's all an editing conspiracy if you're to believe Rampage's thoughts on the show lately...
Amen to all of that.

Damn Rashad and being a smooth and considerate dude. Its making me sick (like all of the fighters abilities).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I crazy to think that Big Country is the most talented on the show?

I really like Rampage. I think he's a funny guy but he's definitely a loose cannon. You've just gotta look at his beefs with Rashad, Wand and Dana White. That's too many beefs. Oh, and don't forget his beef with Juanito Ibarra whom was like a father to him. And of course the energy drink fuelled highway meltdown he had last year.

Damn, Rampage is a trainwreck...

I'm pumped for The A-Team movie though. It's gonna kick arse and take names!

Nelson's a top 25 HW, he's easily the most accomplished fighter on the show. Had Arlovski on his back and was working a kimura before one of the worst standup calls I've ever seen and lost by split decision to Monson in a fight I thought he won.

Schaub is legit as well, wouldn't surprise me if they're the two finalists.

Yep, Nelson is legit, at the Ben Rothwell level IMO. He should smash the show, easily.

I never minded Rashad but I really do like the guy now, but if he ever faces Rampage, I'd still go for Rampage probably. Just because Rampage cant coach for shit and has quit to do a move, people forget quickly that he is still one of the greatest fighters around. Just not the most intelligent, thats all!

He's got wins over Chuck x2, Wand, Igor, Randleman, Lindland, Arona, Bustamante, Hendo, the list goes on... he should be respected.

Hopefully he'll be back.

just watched the latest episode last night. i agree, the skill level is so so poor. if it wasn't for rampage's antics i probably wouldn't be watching. he's not a coach but how can you really tell, he comes across to me as not really giving a toss about his image and wanting to 'be' funny, and he just loves taking the p1ss (i guess it helps if you can walk the walk).

i hope kimbo gets another crack, may be rubbish on the ground but he sure can bang and take a punch - impressed with his attitude as well.

just watched the latest episode last night. i agree, the skill level is so so poor. if it wasn't for rampage's antics i probably wouldn't be watching. he's not a coach but how can you really tell, he comes across to me as not really giving a toss about his image and wanting to 'be' funny, and he just loves taking the p1ss (i guess it helps if you can walk the walk).

i hope kimbo gets another crack, may be rubbish on the ground but he sure can bang and take a punch - impressed with his attitude as well.

Since when has winning it actually been a major factor in dudes getting a contract though? They all get a match on the undercard anyway, and I reckong that performace goes farther than winning the 3 fight deal. Kimbo'l probably end up with more fights in the UFC and more PPV linked dollars in his pocket than the eventual winner by miles.

Since when has winning it actually been a major factor in dudes getting a contract though? They all get a match on the undercard anyway, and I reckong that performace goes farther than winning the 3 fight deal. Kimbo'l probably end up with more fights in the UFC and more PPV linked dollars in his pocket than the eventual winner by miles.
true, i'm just hoping i get to see him knock someone else's ear off their head again.

t***ies was just about the greatest episode they've ever had. Laughed my ass off from start to finish. Rampage can suck as a coach all he wants, he's awesome just being Rampage.

It's taken seven episodes but finally there was an exciting fight this season.

Sure, you could point out that it was over too quickly and it's fair to say that the loser didn't have much of a chin but at least it was really intense while it lasted.

Don't know how Dana can say with a straight face that the first fight was good though. It actually managed to top several other awful fights to be the worst of the season. How can pro athletes be completely gassed after three minutes?

My guesses for the quarters are Meathead vs Jones or Wessel, McSweeney vs Madsen, Nelson vs Schoonover in a jigglyfight and Schaub vs Wren

What's really annoying me though is how I'm starting to like Rashad. I've always hated him because of his style but he seems like a decent and intelligent guy with a lot more class than Rampage.
Understatement of the century. :thumbsu:

Rampage is an utter pig. I can't stand the guy.

If only the skill level and cardio of these guys was proportional to the amount of shit they talk......if Roy doesn't walk through the rest of these clowns he should quit fighting, because this season is embarrassing. ROFL @ Dana loving this last fight, yeah some gassed whales too stuffed to throw anything with any real power after the first 2 mins - AWESOME!

I'm still pissed at Rampage bitching out of fighting to make that shitty A Team remake.

Dana's reaction to that fight was ridiculous. That was horrible, embarrassing for the sport. Agreed about Roy as well, he should win in a canter. We'll see what Big Marcus throws up next week but I think Schaub would be the only one to offer anything.

I find it ridiculous that Rampage pulled out of the fight. Surely he would've done anything possible to have that fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back