The Ultimate Fighter Season 10 - Heavyweights

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd back Roy to beat Mir, he beat Frank in a grappling match a few years back and I think he could do the same in the octagon. Big Country is legit, he hasn't looked it yet but he's just doing enough to get through the early fights un-injured.
I'm sorry, but Frank Mir today is a very different fighter to Frank Mir a few years back. Did you see him destroy Nogueira his fight before last? I'd find it hard to believe Roy would get anywhere close to him.

I'm sorry, but Frank Mir today is a very different fighter to Frank Mir a few years back. Did you see him destroy Nogueira his fight before last? I'd find it hard to believe Roy would get anywhere close to him.

Mir beat a staph infected, hospitalized, one legged shell of Minotauro. Frank would get choked out in a rematch. Roy grappled with, and beat, Mir during his pre-bike accident peak. Hopefully Roy wins the show and keeps winning long enough for him to get a fight with Frank.

Matt was funny this week, like a pathetic attention seeking high school kid wandering around at a party pretending to be incredibly drunk for all that will listen ("oh man I am so wasted"). His coughing in the van on the way home from training was priceless!

Maybe those female judges had sand in their vaginas too? Would go a long way to explaining the decision.

Everyone in the house wants to see Matt get his arse kicked. I bet even Rashad wants it too. The guy is such a w***er.

I think Roy got exposed standing up in that fight. It's a shame that Justin's cardio is also shit but if he had a bigger reach I reckon he could've ended big country. I think someone like Marcus, Schaub or even t***ies would be able to hit Nelson with damaging punches. His own strikes were telegraphed half an hour before he through them; they were such big looping hooks. He also runs backwards like Machida except he doesn't move sideways so I reckon a fitter and smarter opponent will try to cut him off.

And Roy wouldn't stand a chance against Mir. Sure, Mir did beat a Nogueira that was in horrible shape but Mir's still improved immensely in all areas and is one of the smartest fighers in mma. His stand up is good, rolls bjj with Maia and his conditioning is miles ahead of Roy. Mir by TKO in the 1st.

No new eps for the states this week due to Thanksgiving, but Foxtel had them tonight.

BIG COUNTRY going to the finale!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great stuff, landed a sweet straight right and finished big mouth James on the ground. Nice work by Schaub to knock out Big Baby, but Roy is going to be too much for him next week.

Haven't even bothered to download it. All interest in this season is gone.

Feel a bit the same but looking forward to seeing <HLTR>> Bib Baby & Mitrione fight after BB lost it, should be funny.

Foxtel (Fuel TV) is showing the entire season back to back from 4am this Sunday morning, prior to the commencement of the 3 hour finale live at 1pm.

Fighting this season has been absolutely woeful, but Rampage and Rashad have made the show entertaining to watch.

It's going to be a very interesting final. The very podgy Roy doesn't look like an athlete, but he gets the job done and has impressive ground skills.

Brendon Schaub is a tough guy with good KO power who did extremely well to get out of having Marcus Jones on top of him in a full mount.

I think Marcus has loads of potential, but lacks polish at this stage of his career. He should have put Schaub away.

I think Marcus has loads of potential, but lacks polish at this stage of his career. He should have put Schaub away.

Agree with these thoughts. Big Baby's stand up clearly needs work but I love how agressive he is on the ground. He's constantly trying to make position for a sub or ground and pound. The only issue is that he's 35 so I don't know how long he'd want to stay in the sport. I really hope he puts that whinger Mitrione to sleep.

Looking forward to the final next week.

Just watched the last two episodes then. Schaub vs Big Country was to be expected for the finale, McSweeney is mediocre at best and Marcus, while hard not to like, has awful stand-up and a bit of a glass jaw. His KO of Schoonover from the guard though was probably the only "whoa!" moment of the season for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Baby's stand up clearly needs work but I love how agressive he is on the ground. He's constantly trying to make position for a sub or ground and pound.
He reminded me of a certain Greek Australian. :)

Yeah Marcus definitely has some weird bipolar thing going on. He's a big baby one minute then turns into a psychopath trying to kill meathead. Don't forget about him and the spider as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back