T4P

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
1908-1914
R.I.P
The team that birthed with Richmond, if it wasn't for WW1 you would still be here (hopefully)
Favourite player - Roy Park (44 mtchs, 111 goals) - he is the only player to have won the league's leading goalkicking list when his team didn't win a game the whole season. That's devotion:thumbsu:
Can't forget their leading games holder Bert Hurrey (101 games) though, what a legend!

Carn the Black and Blue!!!!!

Re: The University Appreciation Thread

you fool. you have made yourself look so stupidbut supporting richmond i would expect you to be borderline *ed.

your an idiot.

if your so good at remembering the olden days,

remember 1944?

have fun following Ninthmond next season

Do you put that on your CV? ;)

I actually didn't mind the original post, btw. Good to see the Uni Blacks still running around in the VAFA.
I agree Stocka & thanks also to the Uni Reds for their part in getting the Fitzroy Lions back on the park in 2009.

Speaking of Parks, University's Roy Park has a special place for Fitzroy fans, however we prefer to remember him by his nickname, Brunswick Street. ;)

Park's 1913 season was outstanding & he did lead the league's goalkicking list at the end of the home & away season, but official records also include goals kicked in finals, so the official leading goalkicker that season was Fitzroy's Jimmy Freake. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: The University Thread

oh finally thank god someone got off there arse and made a university thread. i mean now we can discuss there 100+ years in the league and all there premierships and brownlow medalists,

go die munts

and what about that match against Geelong in 1910!! classic match! was there with my dad!

your an idiot and should be banned from the Fitzroy board

Now Munts............you'd better do this thread justice.

If you waste people's time by requesting this thread and then drop off ( I see hcd is no where to be seen!!) then we will have people come around to visit you and staple your old fella to the back of your head!

Now.........start the ball rolling...........get off your playstation and nominate your first real experience with the Universty Football Club, so we can discuss.

University, what a team, what guns...

Such a massive club that Manchester United, in tribute to the University team of old have made their away strip a pretty much exact replica of the University strip...

Manuaway09:10.jpg

A fitting tribute to a magnificent club...

Now Munts............you'd better do this thread justice.

If you waste people's time by requesting this thread and then drop off ( I see hcd is no where to be seen!!) then we will have people come around to visit you and staple your old fella to the back of your head!

Now.........start the ball rolling...........get off your playstation and nominate your first real experience with the Universty Football Club, so we can discuss.
Surprise, I can't really say that I've had a lot of experiences with the University Football Club, however I am curious to learn a bit about them. I do know that they had a very brief history in the VFL between 1908-1914. In 1919 after the war University decided to field two teams in the VFL reserves (Victorian Junior Football League). These two teams were originally called university a and university b. These two teams then came to be known as university blacks and university blues.

The blacks joined the Metropolitan Amateur Football Association in 1921 and the blues followed suit the next year.

In 1955 the club fielded an extra team in the VAFA called the university reds. The reds continued until 1996 when they were discontinued however the supporters and members continued the club and in 2008 they merged with Fitzroy to become the Fitzroy Reds, they are now incorporated into the Fitzroy Football Club playing in the VAFA.

University, what a team, what guns...

Such a massive club that Manchester United, in tribute to the University team of old have made their away strip a pretty much exact replica of the University strip...

Manuaway09:10.jpg

A fitting tribute to a magnificent club...
Amazing isn't it. They have the same initials;
Melbourne University Football Cmeh
Manchester United Football Cmeh

The reds continued until 1996 when they were discontinued however the supporters and members continued the club and in 2008..............

Is this amateur hour munts?? If you are going to try the 'long bow' do it properly. ;)Try again!

Is this amateur hour munts?? If you are going to try the 'long bow' do it properly. ;)Try again!
Yes, we really need some "meat and potatoes" now Munts.

If I am not mistaken much of that you posted earlier is very similar to a post I made on the "Why is..." .

Also I will be very disappointed if HCD doesn't show up shortly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back