The VEGAN cuckoo-land that is infesting politics and which farmers are fighting daily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless you're an educator who teaches it to kids.
Yeah but in the scheme of things there are worse erroneous beliefs, in order:

-anti vaxxers
-climate change denialists
-gender fluidity / non-binary / sex being a social construct (this stuff is taught in schools!)
-veganism

flat earth theories are like "lol, you believe that? good for you!"

Yeah but in the scheme of things there are worse erroneous beliefs, in order:

-anti vaxxers
-climate change denialists
-gender fluidity / non-binary / sex being a social construct (this stuff is taught in schools!)
-veganism

flat earth theories are like "lol, you believe that? good for you!"
Nice list.
Almost as good as the choc bar top 10.
lol.
It would be interesting to see the SRP top 10 of erroneous beliefs.
That thread should easily make it to a "part 2".
Even a top 5 would have enough angst to be never ending.

Nice list.
Almost as good as the choc bar top 10.
lol.
It would be interesting to see the SRP top 10 of erroneous beliefs.
That thread should easily make it to a "part 2".
Even a top 5 would have enough angst to be never ending.
Once upon a time the most ridiculous thing you had to argue over on the web was whether thermite was used in the WTC7 collapse, and that was with a few deranged but determined crazies. Many of the insane things believed now are fully mainstream.

Meanwhile, vegan boy, people and regions are now having to protect their intelectual property rights, such as Champagne, countless cheese names etc, etc, etc because of dickheads, like you, who deliberately choose to make MILK a deliberate misrepresentation for marketig purposes.

I asked a question. You didn't answer it, you just got abusive. I'm the dickhead?

I poured a white, creamy liquid over my muesli this morning. My partner poured some into her coffee. It was made of oats. I call it oat milk.

What should I call it?

It is a liquid substance that shares similar qualities and performs the same function in a variety of situation as the milk from an animal. Milk seems a reasonable word to use for it. Language is not static, this seems a reasonable shift in the expansion of the meaning beyond simply the milk produced by an animal.

What is being misrepresented?

I asked a question. You didn't answer it, you just got abusive. I'm the dickhead?

I poured a white, creamy liquid over my muesli this morning. My partner poured some into her coffee. It was made of oats. I call it oat milk.

What should I call it?

It is a liquid substance that shares similar qualities and performs the same function in a variety of situation as the milk from an animal. Milk seems a reasonable word to use for it. Language is not static, this seems a reasonable shift in the expansion of the meaning beyond simply the milk produced by an animal.

What is being misrepresented?
Milk is only produced by mammals.
Oat oil?
Oat juice?
Oat extract?
You know, because its made from oats and not milk.

Oat oil?
Oat juice?
Oat extract?

Is oil, juice or extract a better description than milk in this case? I don't think so. Milk is the word that best captured the form and function of the substance.

Should we rename coconut milk too? How about when people use the word flesh to describe part of a piece of fruit?

Last edited:
Is oil, juice or extract a better description than milk in this case? I don't think so. Milk is the word that best captured the form and function of the substance.

Should we rename coconut milk too? How about when people use the word flesh to describe part of a piece of fruit?

The fact that you and your malnourished girlfriend don't think so is not relevant.
If an extract from a coconut needs to be renamed, so be it.

We didn't start this crap, vegans did.
Milk comes from a mammal.

The fact that you and your malnourished girlfriend don't think so is not relevant.
If an extract from a coconut needs to be renamed, so be it.

We didn't start this crap, vegans did.
Milk comes from a mammal.
You really have an awful lot of judgment for people you know basically nothing about. My girlfriend isn't even vegan, you just assumed she was and decided to label her malnourished. And you called me a dickhead?

People were making alternatives to animal milk and calling it by that name for literally hundreds of years before the word "vegan" was used or even conceptualised.

"Coconut milk" was first coined in English the 17th century. So were references to soy milk in European communications about China. Almond milk has been made since the 13th century and was called by that name throughout the middle east and Europe. There are a bunch of old English usages of the word milk to describe white liquids that were not of animal origin.

Should we stop calling "milk of magnesia" that too?

Where is your outcry about peanut butter? Surely that's as illegitimate as almond milk?

Latex was called rubber milk. The word latex is derived from the Latin word for milk. Scrap that?

How about eggplant? No eggs in that, false advertising.

The idea that milk is an inappropriate word for these products or that vegans are to blame for the usage is about as ridiculous as your invective directed towards me for no reason at all. It demonstrates a poor understanding of how language functions to think that words can or do not change or expand their meanings over time or that you can realistically limit common usages through legislative force.

You may believe that a few hundred years or usage has been incorrect, but the fact that it has been used like that for hundreds of years is a validation of the usage in itself.

Last edited:
Oat oil?
Oat juice?
Oat extract?
As an agricultural product, milk, also called dairy milk
The definition above precludes non-animal products which resemble dairy milk in color and texture, such as almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, and soy milk. In English, the word "milk" has been used to refer to "milk-like plant juices" since 1200 AD.
[15] Traditionally a variety of non-diary products have been described with the word milk, including the traditional digestive remedies milk of magnesia[16] and milk of bismuth.[17] Latex, the complex inedible emulsion that exudes from the stems of certain plants, is generally described as milky and is often sold as "rubber milk" because of its white appearance.
The word latex itself is deducted from the Spanish word for milk

Nutritional science is very young.
What is becoming clear is parents putting their children on this cult diet need to be questioned.
So few members of this cult actually grow food.

Wait, you’re a flat-earther?
And talking about science??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going in to bat for the dairy and meat producing farmers at the expense of the legume,grain and nut producing farmers
It's culture wars stuff, for some reason vegans have touched a nerve. What's stranger is it's coming from the same mob who perpetually whinge about free speech being stifled. I guess just not if you're vegan.

It's culture wars stuff, for some reason vegans have touched a nerve. What's stranger is it's coming from the same mob who perpetually whinge about free speech being stifled. I guess just not if you're vegan.
Maintaining correct labelling and distinguishing between products would have prevented people eating trans fats in butter substitutes and saved countless lives.

Unsurprising to see you on the side of death though. How many bush fires are you planning on starting this season?

I'm pretty sure people would respect vegans far more if they weren't advocating the death of humans.
I'd love to see vegans growing food,I think if more people grew food and ate seasonally the world would be much better. Vegans just seem to be pro eating chemicals and munching on pills.

Only a matter of time given you'd likely have to be mentally unwell to be a flat-earther.
You'd also need to be mentally unwell to talk about topics on an unrelated topic thread though? Kind of desperate,which leads to desperate actions.

You'd also need to be mentally unwell to talk about topics on an unrelated topic thread though? Kind of desperate,which leads to desperate actions.

and you're apparently an Australian, living in a place that doesn't exist according to crazy flat-earthers. Wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back