2nds The WSU Giants 2018 NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams looked great for his 1st game back. Buckley was excellent as a forward feeding on scraps.

Briggs as already mentioned although 2nd best to Cameron in the hitout stats, but wasn't disgraced. Tom Green is very promising too, hard at it nut.

What happened to Mohr?
I couldn't be 100% sure but I thought I saw him running off for a rotation in the 3rd quarter, if so he had a shocker..

The result is a bit worse than I expected but with that many top ups hard for continuity and knowing the other players although several are from the academy
Encouraged by the performance of Briggs and although he was beaten in the ruck I am sure the coaches will be impressed with his ability although he is an overage he will be 2 years behind Flynn and it will be good for options to n the ruck going forward
Green looks good for next year and hopefully he has a good run with the academy next year and also the NEAFL team
None of the other academy kids stood out and one last chance for them to press claims for a spot on the list

ZtePs1V.png

qM700PH.png

fingers crossed mohr is ok (only a handball for the afternoon). Not sure if any injuries from the match but sure hope not.

What happened to Mohr?

I couldn't be 100% sure but I thought I saw him running off for a rotation in the 3rd quarter, if so he had a shocker..

He spent at least the last quarter (when we got there) walking the sidelines in bare feet with his warm-up jacket on. No idea what happened, but didn’t look great.

Team for the Lions game at Blacktown tomorrow, last game and a chance for Briggs and Peatling to push claims to be picked up
Stein, Buckley and Sproule in the 18 and then depending on how many emergencies travel to Melbourne another 2 or 3 on the bench

B:
51. Tom Boyd 42. Jake Stein 33. Josh Burke
HB: 35. Ben Halse 38. Alex Goodall 47. Josh Boag
C: 34. Luke Robertson 44. Kieren Briggs 48. Alex Smout
HF: 53. Will Clark 41. Jack Buckley 45. James Peatling
F: 52. Matt Wilson 55. Nathan Richards 50. Noah Amery
Foll: 46. Dylan Addison 28. Zach Sproule 49. Shaun Driscoll
Inter (from): 38. Daniel Lloyd 16. Brent Daniels 13. Isaac Cumming 25. Lachlan Keeffe 21. Matthew Buntine 43. Dylan Buckley 14. Tim Taranto 29. Zac Williams

Tough loss but williams and Sproule impressive. Williams very all round performance with 37 disposals (26 kicks), 8 marks and 4 tackles, sounds ready to go come finals if gets through recovery and training ok. Briggs either struggled badly today or injured, seems richards had to help out.

Screenshot_2018-08-25-13-35-53.png

Last edited:
Tough loss but williams and Sproule impressive. Williams very all round performance with 37 disposals (26 kicks), 8 marks and 4 tackles, sounds ready to go come finals if gets through recovery and training ok. Briggs either struggled badly today or injured, seems richardson had to help out.
William's will be in the finals team. No doubt.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty shocking loss for the last game of the year but it just shows the effect of injuries on the strength of the team and I understand the reasons for the rules but I think it would be good to somehow allow the club to have a group of 2-4 non listed overage players to play for the NEAFL team and also the Suns have been severely effected by injuries, I think the strength of the NEAFL comp has increased and it will be interesting to see if any mature agers are picked up in either the national or rookie draft. At the moment I feel that the listed players are sometimes being forced to play out of position and it slows the development of them and also the team structures they would need to follow in order to make the step up to AFL level and also fit into how the team plays. For example for this game the Giants fielded 5 listed players and the Lions 14 so it was always going to be a training run for the lions

From the game Williams showing he is a class above and then Sproule performing to the high standard he has set all year playing all the games and topping the reserves goal scoring and I feel he is unlucky to not make the NEAFL team of the year, J Buckley probably had his best game for the year and he has had an unlucky run with injuries this year, the other Buckley seemed quiet for this game but 26 goals from his 12 games is a good output considering that the team would have changed so much on a weekly basis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back