Preview There was an old man who lived in a shoe - Fremantle vs St Kilda 12 May 18:10 Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
There was an Old Man who lived in a shoe.

He had so many children, he didn’t know what to do. (Maybe send them into battle).

You may wish to reprise the first instalment https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/kissing-a-frog-fremantle-vs-st-kilda-sunday-2nd-july-domain-stadium-14-40.1169497/#post-51003345

Prince Ross was struggling. The Town Crier in the kingdom of Perth was saying mean things. Many of Prince Ross’s subjects were saying mean things too. His band of knights, the Stevedores were no longer strong and skilled and they only won some of their battles.

Meanwhile in the kingdom of Melbourne, the knights known as the Sinners were also struggling. They wondered whether their Prince was the right Prince for them. (Some even wondered if they should have fought harder to keep Prince Ross). They were not winning many battles. They hatched a plan. They would ride across the country and attack the Stevedores. They could win a battle while the Stevedores and their Prince were weakened.

Prince Ross knew of the Sinner’s plan. He hatched a plan of his own. He and his Stevedores would be ready. They would fight on their favourite battleground. They would return to their glory days and be strong and skilled. They would win this battle.

Who has the best plan? Who has the best Prince? Who lives happily ever after? We are going to have to wait and see (and let the cobblers do the cobbling).

Fremantle vs St Kilda

Saturday, 12th May 2018

Optus Stadium

18:10

Last Time They Met

2017 Round 15 Domain Stadium St Kilda 12 17 89 Dockers 12 8 80

The Dockers led all day but were overrun in the last quarter.

Line-ups

The Dockers will be without best 22 players Brad Hill, Michael Walters and Matt Taberner. Stephen Hill is also in doubt. A number of marginal players are injured or underdone and the cupboard looks rather bare. (Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard).

The Saints are without Josh Bruce, Paddy McCartin and Ben Long. They have kicked 16 of the Saints 61 goals this year.

This Week’s Battle

St Kilda is having a poor year. They have 1 win and 1 draw from 7 games. They have kicked the least goals in the AFL, although they have had a great deal of trouble converting opportunities and are 5th for behinds and 13th for inside 50s.

The Dockers are 3 wins and 4 losses for the year and are performing well on their own battleground and poorly away. They are 13th for goals in the AFL and 10th for inside 50s. They have scored over 90 points in their 3 wins at home.

Nat Fyfe’s form should help the Dockers to midfield supremacy and as long as they can convert their opportunities should win on their favourite battleground. Ballas needs to stand up (is it a case of the shoemaker’s children?)

Prediction

Dockers by 25 points.

The Saints are without Josh Bruce, Paddy McCartin and Ben Long. They have kicked 16 of the Saints 61 goals this year

Pretty sure they are also without Josh Kelly, Dustin Martin, Nat Fyfe and every other good player who refused to play for their poor excuse of a club.

Watters and Richardson have been bloody great for them, I hope their next coach continues the cellar dwelling.

Pretty sure they are also without Josh Kelly, Dustin Martin, Nat Fyfe and every other good player who refused to play for their poor excuse of a club.

Watters and Richardson have been bloody great for them, I hope their next coach continues the cellar dwelling.

Haha made me lol in the office.

Expecting a team-wide response from the boys this weekend. I don't care if it's a blowout or an ugly win, just want the 4pts.

Prince Ross was struggling. The Town Crier in the kingdom of Perth was saying mean things. Many of Prince Ross’s subjects were saying mean things too. His band of knights, the Stevedores were no longer strong and skilled and they only won some of their battles.

Freomonocle: 9.5/10 would read again

I was too busy guffawing at this and spilled the contents of my snuff box over my favourite doxy - neither went to waste.

Stevedore has to go into my signature.

Look I'm not gonna sugar coat it Ross has been s**t lately coaches can be out of form too. I don't wanna here this rebuild bullshit where a no excuse football club remember. So let's see if the boys can give him a chop out, a loss would be an absolute disaster for him.

On their Board some posters think that the trade for Fyfe was all but sealed before they knocked him back at the last minute.... apparently they are nervous Fyfe may want to prove a point. I am sure he would be devestated about missing out on such an opportunity.

On their Board some posters think that the trade for Fyfe was all but sealed before they knocked him back at the last minute.... apparently they are nervous Fyfe may want to prove a point. I am sure he would be devestated about missing out on such an opportunity.

Hah! This gave me a chuckle Gav.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I remember reading that Fyfe had basically signed but they turned him away in the final hours. Good laughs were had all round, that's there coping mechanism for never being in the run to get him and only having the media talk about Fyfe joining them.

he's already the best player in the comp. what else does he have left to prove?

Not sure this is going to be the walkover we think.

They're on average nearly a year per player older, and last weekend we played 13 players with under 50 games experience (+1 with 51) and they played 6.

On paper they should flog us.

They're on average nearly a year per player older, and last weekend we played 13 players with under 50 games experience (+1 with 51) and they played 6.

Yeah, this is a real danger game. Just want a win, any margin will do.

Just watch a few of their games if your worried we might lose. They've somehow got a worse game-plan than us, bomb it long continuously and don't have a single elite player. Don't even have injuries to use as an excuse. Genuine bottom 4 team and we should win pretty comfortably against them at home.

We've already had 3 wins despite putting out young and inexperienced teams, and unlike us they have no really good senior players. A few decent B+ guys in Steven, Ross and Carlisle and that's about it.

Also they're one of the few teams in the league with a more dysfunctional fwdline than us. 67, 54, 73, 56, 55, 43 have been their scores since they beat Brissie in round 1, their solitary win thus far. They're hot garbage. Football detritus. Just a total s**t show.

A team that hasn't kicked more than 9 goals since round 1 isn't flogging anyone mate. We could score 33 again and it still wouldn't be a flogging.

Really want us to smash them but can’t see us winning with too big of a margin without Walters, Taberner, B. Hill. Happy with a 4 goal win and anything more would be bonus, if we’re to get a percentage boost the midfielders will have to join in on the goal frenzy. Would love McCarthy to kick a bag of 4/5, Ballas needs at least 2.

Saying that I think our strong defence with the home ground advantage can mitigate all hope for their forwardline.
Freo 13.11 - 89 def St. Kilda 8.10 - 58
Freo by 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back