Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Thursday night on the opposite side of the city (Prahran) to where I live (Essendon).

Do you commute on foot? It's not like it's Craigieburn to Narre Warren.

If you don't want to do anything during the week that's your prerogative, but you're in the minority and seemingly trying to justify it as something everybody does. I'm surprised your friends wouldn't know that you don't go out during the week.

I play social sport then get dinner afterwards all the time and rarely get home later than 9.

Do you commute on foot? It's not like it's Craigieburn to Narre Warren.

If you don't want to do anything during the week that's your prerogative, but you're in the minority and seemingly trying to justify it as something everybody does. I'm surprised your friends wouldn't know that you don't go out during the week.

I play social sport then get dinner afterwards all the time and rarely get home later than 9.
I walk to the station which is about three minutes away.

Train to the city and then walk to work from the Parliament.

Oh no, not attempting to justify as something everybody does, but I don't think it's as uncommon as people think.

I don't ofen go out during the week

I prefer Saturday night to Friday as well, something about Fridays half the time I just want to lie on the couch and do nothing

I don't ofen go out during the week

I prefer Saturday night to Friday as well, something about Fridays half the time I just want to lie on the couch and do nothing
Yeah nothing better than getting home from work on a Friday after a long week and throwing yourself on the couch!

Different over but with the time difference Friday night footy is on at 5.50pm. Granted Channel 7 seems to exclusively show awful games now but it's nice to just come home from work and watch the footy with a beer, then it's done by about 8.30 so you can go out after or pass out on the couch covered in Dorito crumbs.

Why people don't get that people do different things and so on.

My mates have organised a dinner for Friday night in Prahran - the other side of the city. I work in the city so it could be worse.

They were considering doing it on Thursday, and I said if it's on Thursday I won't go. They were shocked by this and asked me why and I said, I don't really go out during the week.

Don't get what the big deal is. I go to bed around 9/9.30 cos I am up before 6.
Without having met you and going from things you have said on here, you are possibly the oldest youngest person I have ever heard of.
This isn't having a dig either dude, I'd definitely have a beer with you (this is the scale I use to judge people) but you are very similar to my father who is about to turn 60 :D

Without having met you and going from things you have said on here, you are possibly the oldest youngest person I have ever heard of.
This isn't having a dig either dude, I'd definitely have a beer with you (this is the scale I use to judge people) but you are very similar to my father who is about to turn 60 :D
I have been called an old soul many times.

And uh, thanks :D

I couldnt be arsed going out during the week either! Im 45, but I have no kids so I can do whatever the * I want, but I simply could not be bothered. And as for weekends, if nothing is on, Im happy to potter at home. Ive felt like that for probably 15 years. Have at me..

When I was about 25 at one work place I swear some of the other younger guys went against us a bit just because I didn't want to go out drinking with them on Friday night. Said if you ever go Saturday instead yeah sure 100% I will, but after a long day with early start at the time I'd prefer to just spend the Friday night with the flatmate watching the footy with a pizza and a few quiet beers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why people don't get that people do different things and so on.

My mates have organised a dinner for Friday night in Prahran - the other side of the city. I work in the city so it could be worse.

They were considering doing it on Thursday, and I said if it's on Thursday I won't go. They were shocked by this and asked me why and I said, I don't really go out during the week.

Don't get what the big deal is. I go to bed around 9/9.30 cos I am up before 6.

I know what you mean. I have three good friends from school and we catch up every couple of months. Two of them are really keen to go on a girl's weekend away. I don't want to do this for various reasons and have told them so and said I don't mind if the three off them go without me but they act all offended like it's a personal slight :huh:

I know what you mean. I have three good friends from school and we catch up every couple of months. Two of them are really keen to go on a girl's weekend away. I don't want to do this for various reasons and have told them so and said I don't mind if the three off them go without me but they act all offended like it's a personal slight :huh:
Rewind - you're a woman?

Yeah I told them to go, sure it would be nice to attend, but other side of the city during the week, no thanks.

What are the various reasons and have you told them what they are or have you just said you're not keen?

What are the various reasons and have you told them what they are or have you just said you're not keen?

Work commitments mean I could only go For Sat night (work Sat have Sun and Mon off), I sleep badly so hate sharing rooms with people, not really into girly things like day spas etc. I love catching up with them and will happily do lunch, dinner a night out, picnic in the park or whatever, just don’t want to do a weekend away. One of them is ok with it (think she may secretly not be too keen on the idea as well), but the other two want us to all go or nothing.

Edit: Yes I have told them the reasons.

Yes I am a woman.
rip inbox

Work commitments mean I could only go For Sat night (work Sat have Sun and Mon off), I sleep badly so hate sharing rooms with people, not really into girly things like day spas etc. I love catching up with them and will happily do lunch, dinner a night out, picnic in the park or whatever, just don’t want to do a weekend away. One of them is ok with it (think she may secretly not be too keen on the idea as well), but the other two want us to all go or nothing.

That's fair enough, don't see why they would be annoyed. Maybe you're the one that everyone likes and they aren't necessarily besties without you around?

Even as a blokey bloke, I baulk at sharing rooms especially since I'm a grown adult. Happy to share apartments/houses but rooms I'll only do if it's an overnighter.

if people are annoyed at you not coming somewhere, it means you're the glue that holds the group together, or you're the x factor that turns a dull cappuccino into a dirty chai.

complete opposite to me. nobody gets annoyed when I bail on plans, because they're happy to not listen to me ramble about the Serbs for 3 hours.

if people are annoyed at you not coming somewhere, it means you're the glue that holds the group together, or you're the x factor that turns a dull cappuccino into a dirty chai.

complete opposite to me. nobody gets annoyed when I bail on plans, because they're happy to not listen to me ramble about the Serbs for 3 hours.
Never thought of it that way.

But I am the one in the group who they tend to hang s**t on the most.

I go out for dinner weekdays where I live because it's a small city so it doesn't take long to get anywhere. If I lived in Melbourne and was miles from where I lived I would be more hesitant.

Not sure about being the glue, although now I think about it, they didn't really catch up that much while I was living away from Melbourne so maybe there is something in that. I reckon they should jump at the chance, they could spend the whole weekend bitching about me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back