Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many things.

First one that springs to mind:

Why don't we engineer, build and suspend large water catchments over the wettest spots on Earth, thereby eliminating what's going to become a global crisis?
Wouldn't that stop half of the water going into the ground and lower the water table?

Wouldn't that stop half of the water going into the ground and lower the water table?

Manage the ratio between captured and let to ground. With the main aim being utilising/controlling the water as needs dictate.

I get that Australia is a small-volume market, but why did VW only release that small car, Up, with a manual gearbox in Australia instead of auto only? Then it didn't sell and it was axed from the Australian lineup. Massive own goal in my opinion.

It's marketed as a city car but 1) City traffic is where you would least enjoy driving a manual; 2) Very small cars are generally driven by young women who are surely the least keen demographic to drive manual; 3) Unlike Europe, manual is going extinct in Australia where almost three quarters of learners are only interested in obtaining automatic licences, and just 12% of passenger cars sold in 2014 were manual (compared to 33% in 2000).

I learnt to drive in a manual VW Polo but would never, ever drive one voluntarily. It's a relic technology which is a pain in the neck in an urban environment.

I get that Australia is a small-volume market, but why did VW only release that small car, Up, with a manual gearbox in Australia instead of auto only? Then it didn't sell and it was axed from the Australian lineup. Massive own goal in my opinion.

It's marketed as a city car but 1) City traffic is where you would least enjoy driving a manual; 2) Very small cars are generally driven by young women who are surely the least keen demographic to drive manual; 3) Unlike Europe, manual is going extinct in Australia where almost three quarters of learners are only interested in obtaining automatic licences, and just 12% of passenger cars sold in 2014 were manual (compared to 33% in 2000).

I learnt to drive in a manual VW Polo but would never, ever drive one voluntarily. It's a relic technology which is a pain in the neck in an urban environment.
Clearly they didn't want women buying them.

=================

This thread is continued in Part 3:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/things-in-life-you-just-dont-understand-part-3.1193579/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back