Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

suspend them for what? they did nothing wrong.

the whole thing is the perpetually offended raising their heads again, but more so, old people, including AFL media, not realising what they were actually doing
I dont disagree with the second sentence but ultimately if those perpetually offended make enough nosie then they are seen to have done something wrong.

The actual real world we live in usually dictates that if enough people are offended and upset then an organisation with a vested interest in public opinion will react.

For the sake of a half hearted 30 second apology video ill swallow my pride all day long, i respect that you wouldnt but i also think its naive to think that you can always just live your own personal motto.

I dont disagree with the second sentence but ultimately if those perpetually offended make enough nosie then they are seen to have done something wrong.

The actual real world we live in usually dictates that if enough people are offended and upset then an organisation with a vested interest in public opinion will react.

For the sake of a half hearted 30 second apology video ill swallow my pride all day long, i respect that you wouldnt but i also think its naive to think that you can always just live your own personal motto.

i think its sad you'd apologize when you know you havent done anything wrong

suspend them for what? they did nothing wrong.

the whole thing is the perpetually offended raising their heads again, but more so, old people, including AFL media, not realising what they were actually doing

“Old people” - not sure what age group you are referring to but you are kidding yourself if you think that’s who the complaints come from

Young women are representing now and they aren’t taking anymore of this bullshit and men are going to get called out far more often than they ever used to.

“Old people” - not sure what age group you are referring to but you are kidding yourself if you think that’s who the complaints come from

Young women are representing now and they aren’t taking anymore of this bullshit and men are going to get called out far more often than they ever used to.

yet i havent seen or heard anyone complain about Quanor and his girlfriend doing the same thing....wheres their outrage their....:think:

ive seen it being used by those defending the players, not any complaints or demanding an apology.....:think:

i think its sad you'd apologize when you know you havent done anything wrong
Im not sure if go as far as to say "havent done anything wrong" if theyve offended enough people for the club to action it then they probably did something wrong. The degree to which it was wrong is really the subjective bit.

Ive apologised before when i really didnt think it was necessary but some persepctive beyond my own made me realise it was for the best.

More importantly if my employer who pays me very well and to do a job i love to do says "hey, were copping some heat here, we need an apology here, i get that its not that big a deal but current circumstances etc etc" Ill do it without hesitation cause thats worth more to me than my personal pride.

yet i havent seen or heard anyone complain about Quanor and his girlfriend doing the same thing....wheres their outrage their....:think:

ive seen it being used by those defending the players, not any complaints or demanding an apology.....:think:

That wasn’t the point - you implied it was “old” people (presuming that’s your age bracket) that complain, when it’s not - it’s mainly young women that are speaking out.

Tbh I don’t think there was the outrage implied in relation to these two, it’s the club reacting because of the s**t that DeGoey brings on the club.

Whether it’s valid or not, it’s easier just to apologise and in a couple of days it’s forgotten. I don’t buy into the role model s**t but you could almost infer they are influencers, so unfortunately they do need to set the standards whether they want to or not or if they are going to do this sort of stuff turn off the goddam video/camera

That wasn’t the point - you implied it was “old” people (presuming that’s your age bracket) that complain, when it’s not - it’s mainly young women that are speaking out.

Tbh I don’t think there was the outrage implied in relation to these two, it’s the club reacting because of the s**t that DeGoey brings on the club.

Whether it’s valid or not, it’s easier just to apologise and in a couple of days it’s forgotten. I don’t buy into the role model s**t but you could almost infer they are influencers, so unfortunately they do need to set the standards whether they want to or not or if they are going to do this sort of stuff turn off the goddam video/camera

AFL media would count as the old people who wouldnt know what they were really getting annoyed about....but still wanted vengeance :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of my friends have really over borrowed and are FREAKING OUT. I feel for them, it must be a scary position to put yourself in.

Didn’t banks add in interest rises when determining how much to lend - thought that was law now

Didn’t banks add in interest rises when determining how much to lend - thought that was law now
Josh and Scott removed that requirement in 2020 to speed up the recovery

Depends if it’s Sydney… you need a million to live close-ish to city and $500,000 would buy you a big standard unit, I imagine. Certainly wouldn’t be living like a queen.

can always move further away from the city

Remove this Banner Ad

Back