Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I gave my mate sh*t because Boy George was gay and he had a Culture Club poster on his wall while I had a Wham poster on mine.

Quite funny looking back on it.

Ironically I had Annie Lennox on mine.

Debating clearly subjective things as if they're objective is one of my favourite big footy things!

Can we do "successful comedians who aren't funny" next? We can even reference how stupid someone has to be to find someone funny / not funny!

Pretty please??

🤣🤣🤣

Debating clearly subjective things as if they're objective is one of my favourite big footy things!

Can we do "successful comedians who aren't funny" next? We can even reference how stupid someone has to be to find someone funny / not funny!

Pretty please??

🤣🤣🤣

In with Dave Hughes.

I actually don’t listen to a tonne of new music but Gang of Youths had some stuff that I think was better than Seven Nation Army.

Go with the flow by queens of the Stone Age.

That’s two and I’m just listing stuff off one of my workout playlists.

It came out in 03 seriously suggesting nothing better has come out in the ensuing 20 years is stupid.

I actually don’t listen to a tonne of new music but Gang of Youths had some stuff that I think was better than Seven Nation Army.

Go with the flow by queens of the Stone Age.

That’s two and I’m just listing stuff off one of my workout playlists.

It came out in 03 seriously suggesting nothing better has come out in the ensuing 20 years is stupid.

That article that was linked in the post above yours stating that Seven Nation Army has a strong case to be considered as the best song of the century so far would suggest that my opinion isn't stupid or that I'm the only one to hold that opinion.

Opinions about music are subjective and can't be proven as fact but I don't see people writing any articles about any Gang of Youths songs in 20 years time suggesting that they are the best song of the century. You could argue that some of their songs are better but none are more memorable or iconic.

Name a better rock track since Seven Nation Army.
I and many others have done so but…
That article that was linked in the post above yours stating that Seven Nation Army has a strong case to be considered as the best song of the century so far would suggest that my opinion isn't stupid or that I'm the only one to hold that opinion.

Opinions about music are subjective and can't be proven as fact but I don't see people writing any articles about any Gang of Youths songs in 20 years time suggesting that they are the best song of the century. You could argue that some of their songs are better but none are more memorable or iconic.
Now it’s caveated as “must have articles supporting your view” and “must be agreed to by me”.

So it’s gone from “list a better song” which is so wildly open you were only ever gonna get dunked on to “list a song I think is better”.

It remains a stupid take supported by one journo from a publication I’ve personally never heard of.

To be clear I doubt anyone (me included) thinks it’s bad, he’ll I think seven nation army is great but definitely the best song rock song since it’s release 20 years ago is some old man yelling at clouds s**t.

I know it's more punk than rock but I think we overlook just how strong an album American Idiot was. I would do a hot take and say it was the last smash hit electric guitar album up their with the classics of the 80s and 90s when it comes to its accessibility and spread at it's peak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before they became a fashion item, you used to buy flannos from Woolies; and get change from $5. Not for a long time now

I have heard s**t about the enviroment that makes less sense :0)

Defining better in music is impossible, you're against using a popular contest as gauging whether something is "better" (which I agree with) but what's going to make another song "better" that Seven Nation Army in you mind?

Personally the two above I consider better rock songs.

Better rock songs since Seven Nation Army from the bands you don't like, briefly, to me of course

Nickelback
Burn it to the Ground

Foo Fighters
The Pretender
No Way Back

Wolfmother
Joker and the Thief
Minds Eye

To be brief.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
No Way Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad