Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Been with TPG internet for years. They emailed recently saying they'll upgrade my speeds for free for 12 months from 50 to 100

Click accept

Internet has been slower than ever since and doesn't even work in the bedrooms at the back of the house. I'd love to see a downgrade if this is their better option!

I don't understand the number of stories where patients accuse their doctors of 'fat shaming' them because they bring up their weight, or the amount of support they get in comments. I have no doubt some older doctors can be insensitive about it, but no amount of body positivity movement is going to remove the connection of weight to health. Doctors are the one group that should be allowed to raise the issue.

I don't understand the number of stories where patients accuse their doctors of 'fat shaming' them because they bring up their weight, or the amount of support they get in comments. I have no doubt some older doctors can be insensitive about it, but no amount of body positivity movement is going to remove the connection of weight to health. Doctors are the one group that should be allowed to raise the issue.
It's not a new phenomenon. Barely anyone has a legitimate excuse for being morbidly obese but most people who are believe they have one. No idea how you break this ideology but it needs to change, I'm sure I read somewhere overall we're getting fatter too.

Put an excise tax on McDonalds & similar like we do booze to fund their future health care. Obesity is such a drain on resources and yet one of the medical conditions we can easily fix. Eat less, move more

Last edited:
Angry Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

This is the problem. I don't think all of the body positivity movement is bad, but it should always be accompanied with some sort of caveat re health, the benefits of exercise etc.

look what GIF by TLC Turkiye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many overweight people don’t like their appearance but for one reason or another find themselves unable to commit to the discipline of a long-term dietary change. Genetics can make the task even more difficult. It’s impossible to lose a lot of weight overnight and there are so many temptations, with both food and drink. Plus social pressures of wanting to do the same things as their friends and fearing judgement. So they put up a don’t-care facade. But it can be done.

Many overweight people don’t like their appearance but for one reason or another find themselves unable to commit to the discipline of a long-term dietary change. Genetics can make the task even more difficult. It’s impossible to lose a lot of weight overnight and there are so many temptations, with both food and drink. Plus social pressures of wanting to do the same things as their friends and fearing judgement. So they put up a don’t-care facade. But it can be done.

It’s very hard to do, not only in terms of diet but also an exercise regime if you’ve been idle for years. Everyone knows how they could lose weight but it’s executing it that’s the issue.

Oh and dogs in prams
Saw a dude at the dog park with a dog pram and I was like "what... ?" then I saw how old he was, and that he had like 5 dachsunds, one with wheels strapped to its back legs and ... yeah that looks like a logistical nightmare for a very old guy.

It’s very hard to do, not only in terms of diet but also an exercise regime if you’ve been idle for years. Everyone knows how they could lose weight but it’s executing it that’s the issue.
Not just that but society is actively working against you, with companies investigating ways to make you stay idle on social media or eat food that is not good for you. It's all well and good to tell people to just resist society but it's not that easy. I raised the topic, not to make the argument 'it's your fault if you're fat', just to point out that I don't understand people shit-talking their doctors. They have a responsibility to raise weight issues and discuss them.

Why cops in the US are apparently trained to jump on the bonnet of a car in the middle of committing a traffic violation

Hoping the assailant stops because of safety to the cop reasons.

Lucky for the naughty person he was scheffler and not harry Varner the third

Remove this Banner Ad

Back