Autopsy Things you learnt: Sydney v Bulldogs (may include melting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs the new Tigers?
Don't want to sound like a sore loser but I feel like overall we were the better side bar the inaccurate kicking.
Next week is now must win.

If our coaches and club leaders treated the loss to Richmond with respect and tried to improve, that last 3 minutes would have look very different.

Lloyd...free...runs in a circle...gives up trying to find a player...bombs it long to 3 bulldogs set up for the lazy bomb.

If our club had been treating the Richmond * up as a case study that needed to be addressed rather than a bit of bad luck, then they would drilling the players on what to do in that exact situation over the last couple of months,

Some might say we have. But if our entire list was being schooled on how to handle that situation thoroughly there's no way Lloyd panics like a headless chook there.

This is not a knock on Lloyd BTW. But we have to be better than that.

* sake

Have not seen the game, only the score throughout ... we are not where we should be as a serious threat right now.... the Dogs are not close to a flag,so we must be further away....

Sky isnt falling

Still into it up to our necks

We should of won, dogs took chances, sydney did not poor footy cost us, almost won in spite of ourselves, move on

Only negative is hawks outright first

Several times we were streaming out if defence, then stopped to soak up time. And it killed us. You can't kill time that far out when you're less than a goal ahead, because it literally takes a 10 second passage of play for the team to be having a shot on goal.

Just really stupid play.

But in reality the game was lost in the first 20 minutes where we blew a bunch of easy shots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh-oh, yes we're the great pretenders
Pretending that we're doing well
Our need is such we pretend too much
We're stuffed and everyone can tell
Oh-oh, yes we're the great pretenders
Adrift in a world of our own
We've played the game but to our real shame
The Dogs have left us to grieve all alone

I dont get people who will bag you out for being negative then write the side off during the game when 2 goals down and then now post game go into a flap

We lost it sucks, but we could easily of won, we are still good

1. History suggests Liberals win the election now
2. Towers tries really hard but just lacks polish which makes him look much more ineffective than he is
3. Mills needs the Rising Star. Played wonderfully
4. OUT: McGlynn IN Papley

Neally through my pint through the window at some pub in Queensberry St. Seriously pissed off.

Heeney out, no excuse after a week off, obviously struggling give him a few gamesinthe magoos. If Papley is fit (?) Bring him in.

Surely Mills gets a rising star nod after that game, so many good marks

There were some amateurish mistakes against the Melbourne, but it was wet some of the mistakes today in perfect conditions, inexcusable. Those missed shots at goal, some of those handballs to a free player that landed 2m on the ground in-front of them, simple kick turnovers out of defence...seriously do we have skill coaches? I hope they're not getting paid much!

But most importantly that so called midfield coach can **** off back to Hawthorn (or to anyone else stupid enough to give him a senior gig), we've been piss poor in centre clearances for too long...every vital centre clearance is a loss or when we do win a blind bomb. The opposition on the other hand hit a free runner who gets a nice look at trying to spot someone up. If you can't turn a midfield of Kennedy, Parker, Hannebery, Mitchell and Jack into a clearance winning force your setup is shithouse.

The forward line has also returned to to impotent 2015 version after some brief hope early in the year. Too many times the opposition is allowed to mark, or when it does go to ground the opposition swoops on the ball with none of our smalls reading it well enough off the contest. Bring Papley back asap, pathetic that we need to rely on a 1st year player for some life down there though.

Clear deficiency on outside run, forget KD..a ball carrier (with at least some acceptable skill level) must be our priority over the off season.

Sky isnt falling

Still into it up to our necks

We should of won, dogs took chances, sydney did not poor footy cost us, almost won in spite of ourselves, move on

Only negative is hawks outright first

I would normally agree with you but i think this loss will cost us a top 4 position , we aren't winning next week then have Hawthorn the following week with a couple of tough games to follow as well.

Such a waste to not finish top 4 in such a open season, i thought we were extremely poor today so many stupid bombs to nothing Dogs waltz out of defence way to easy it took another Franklin performance to get us close.

We wouldn't even be in the 8 without Franklin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back