List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

The article

23058a428b7c3aee6d6cbca93bad1f1a.jpg

0527b58abddc0a1060d424bacf7061a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Magpies father-son prospect has helped lead the Western Jets to a thumping win in the Coates Talent League.

Thomas McGuane, son of 1990 Collingwood premiership player Mick, is a father-son prospect for 2025.

Coates Talent League rankings: bit.ly/4bj6Atl

Attachments

• IMG_1748.jpeg
    IMG_1748.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 42

Can't find much about this kid?

How highly rated is he?
Still only 16. Not a first rounder, still slight, and developing. I suggest somewhere in the 2nd round. But this was his best game yet

Though against a weaker opposition

"McGuane racked up 38 disposals, 10 marks, nine inside-50s, four clearances and kicked one goal for a total of 171 SuperCoach ranking points.

The Keilor product – who does not turn 17 until August – also recorded 22 score involvements in the Jets’ 24.21 (165) to 2.4 (16) victory."

I do post this stuff in the FS/Academy thread.

His first two games were 18 and 20 disposals, then this being his third

“He’s had some midfield time this year, which has been a good chance to get his hands on the footy,” Western Jets talent manager Luke Williams said of McGuane.

“He got some rewards statistically on the back of playing the right way and he certainly brings other players into the game.

“He’s a footballer in every essence of the word. He’s been taught the ins and outs of the game since he was in a nappy, I’m sure, from the old man. But he has incredible footy IQ and he’s very creative with the ball. That sort of stuff will translate to any level of footy, really.”

he's playing in the midfield as an underager, which is probably a good sign of confidence from the coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any word on Buckleys kids aren’t they just about the age to be drafted? Are they playing foort

Is there any word on Buckleys kids aren’t they just about the age to be drafted? Are they playing foort
Neither of them have played footy in the last couple years. Even the more footy one in ayce hasnt played since last year, seems like both have chosen karting over footy.
Ayce only played 3 games last year, and that was in division 3, so he prob thought, he was not gonna make it if he cant even get into the 1st teams for his junior club especially at U15 level.

None of our NGA got selected for vic metro for the championships, even after Kerr and Q impressing through trials. But guess its a tough caper.
Players can be added to the squad closer to the games though.
Perfect! Keep them hidden

St Kevins lost to Caulfield 58 to 111

Doug did some nice things. There was this beauty of an intercept mark, but I got distracted and missed it. Would have been nice to capture.
Did some good things though. I took some footage and photos I'll put up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back