• Thommo to retire

Votes: 244 77.5%
  • Thommo to play on

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Thommo to play on but will only actually play when there is an emergency

Votes: 38 12.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He could be happy to take a cut if he knows the irons are in the fire.

I have no issue with him as list depth. but only plays in the first when others are injured.

He only finnished 13th in the best and fairest. He's likely to finnish a lot lower next year.

I have no issue with him as list depth. but only plays in the first when others are injured.

He only finnished 13th in the best and fairest. He's likely to finnish a lot lower next year.

His first 6 games he averaged over 12 votes per game, which is more than Sloane's winning average. The rest of his season his average would have placed him 22nd on the list. Obviously that's terrible for a player who has prime position playing in the midfield. He hasn't finished a season strongly since 2012, it's disappointing that our midfield coaches haven't realised this.

I've got great respect for bickley but his 180 within a couple of days re thommo seems to me like he is just a mouthpiece for the club.

It's not just him. All ambassadors are subject to it. They all got on message to claim his 9 effective touch game was amongst our best against the Swans. Everyones down on B Crouch who had 2 more, 10% less TOG and gets pushed outside to fit a spluttering Thommo inside. It's piss weak.

It's not just him. All ambassadors are subject to it. They all got on message to claim his 9 effective touch game was amongst our best against the Swans. Everyones down on B Crouch who had 2 more, 10% less TOG and gets pushed outside to fit a spluttering Thommo inside. It's piss weak.

Senior players are sacrosanct at the Crows.. it's rotten.

meanwhile promising kids are routinely hung out to dry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senior players are sacrosanct at the Crows.. it's rotten.

meanwhile promising kids are routinely hung out to dry.

There's a culture of seeing value purely in experience and protecting those with it. It's almost as if they think dropping a senior player would crush the youth who must look up to them. I think the arcjitect and greatest supporter of that culture is a chance to have recently walked out the door.

There's a culture of seeing value purely in experience and protecting those with it. It's almost as if they think dropping a senior player would crush the youth who must look up to them. I think the arcjitect and greatest supporter of that culture is a chance to have recently walked out the door.
Also a culture where if we've backed a bloke in initially and earmarked them as a future leader then we'll stand by them come hell or high water. No matter how they play, until they retire.

If they play badly - I mean dreadfully - then try them in a multitude of roles until we find a niche they don't completely stink at. And if they still stink, then blame it on them having to shuffle into all these different roles for the good of the team, sacrificing their own game.

I've got great respect for bickley but his 180 within a couple of days re thommo seems to me like he is just a mouthpiece for the club.
Totally reads like this. He was just pandering to the fans with some mock hardness after the semi.

Took him about 24 hours to about face and toe the line.

Strongest indication to me was after Thommo privately talked to Ling after the semi and then Ling was asked if he had played his last game and Ling didn't hesitate to say oh no he's going around again.

Followed during the week by Tex, Sauce and Sloane all coming out saying what a great leader Thommo is to feather the bed with the supporters (same s**t we did when VB didn't warrant his spot on the list on form).

Back