Thoughts on AFL website? How do you rate afl.com in 2020 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Ok here's another thing I just found out, and it's pretty s**t that it's not there. The Match Centre gives you the leading goal kickers, possession getters, team lineups showing you the players names.
vdeMmbM.png

Why can I not click on the player and get taken to their Stats Pro page giving me a look at who they are? Unbelievable thing to overlook.

I should be able to click on Blake Hardwick and get taken here:
TddWknI.png

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Collingwood LEGEND Murray Weideman passed away this week.
I could find no mention of this on the AFL website. I was able to count 17 articles about aflw however.
Just like to give a large one fingered salute to all those knowledgeable people at Telstra and the AFL.
Screw you all ladies and gentlemen.

andon

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Ha Ha Ha what an abosute useless, slow, and complex waste of space and time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's still frigging stupid:

* I shouldn't have to click into a sub-menu to see the current round results. Bring back the tickertape across the top of the page.

* I shouldn't have to go hunting to find an article about MRO decisions. Make them fixed link sections at the top of the menu like the injury update info.

It genuinely feels like it's just a funnel to get people to watch videos. Directly under the top section of the main page where it has links to just four articles, is a ribbon with links to different videos and podcasts. The second link under the 'News' submenu at the top of the page is for Videos. And even on their facebook page half the stuff they link to on there is a video now as well.

Just... ugh.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
It was bad in 2015. Now its an absolute disaster. Almost unusable.

Agreed. I am using other sites more and more. The quality of the AFL website is terrible. Examples:

Take months to put up draftees photos. Really poor form.

Traded players ditto. Traded players have photos of them wearing their previous teams strip on the new teams board. Like really?

Team lists don't show the interchange players. Just great. Very disrespectful.

The amount of AFLW crap being shoved down our throats is just painful. One of my biggest hates.

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
This round centre is great. I mean, whenever I forget the scores from games played 10 years ago, the AFL sees fit to remind me.

1625729958253.png

Why doesn't it automatically load the games from round 17 this year rather than round 17 from a random year?

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
The most annoying part of the website for me is the header that keeps popping up when you stop scrolling. It obscures the first line or two when I'm trying to read.....

I just use FoxFooty, FanFooty and The Age sites.

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Giants being murdered by umpires with Geelong getting more frees and 50s, so AFL website puts this comment up. Outstanding.
Screenshot_20210806-215658_Samsung Internet.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back