No Oppo Supporters Tigers only - controversial opinions thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan butler could potentially be the best small forward of the lot. Also Garthwaite is overhyped imo
You are right meat head, Butts will be a 'rocket' for sure, and at 19 yo garth has no afl games to his credit, he is to 'experienced', rock solid, keeps small and tall forwards scoreless at vfl level, dud, trade him out or 'delist', we have so many classy backmen lined up in the 2020 draft!!! to much hype for sure with so many senior games under his belt and, no results, TERRIBLE HYPE. he he he.

Nice try Blood .... we had a vent thread last year. Guess what, it was set up for certain posters (apparently like me), but it was hijacked by the same olds who consider themselves to be the gatekeepers of this board and only strat more arguments that certain posters say they don't like but will indulge in.
But in the spirit of it ...... I'll go all out and say that if Shaun Hampson gets anywhere near our senior side, bye bye back-to-back - ditto if nankervis gets hurt.
PS Francis Bourke is the best Tiger of all and in the AFL team of the century for a reason. Still better than Dusty!

Francis was good, real good just not Dusty good.

Marbor Chol won't get another game at AFL level for Richmond.

I have always had #4 on my jumper growing up
#4 Royce Hart was my Idol
#4 Geoff Raines i loved as a player
#4 Craig Lambert - A player that could have been much better had he stayed

#4 Dustin Martin - In todays game being Harder game to Play, I think he may just go past all the above mentioned players
When Martin delivers us 4 premierships then Royce Hart will have a challenger...

Pretty sure if he gets fit, Griffiths will continue to reveal himself to be unfit to tie Ty Vickery's boots on one of Ty's bad days.
Dud ... delist!
The Earth has more chance of being invaded by Martians than Griffiths ever being fit.

Griffiths should have been delisted/traded

Griff will turn it on in 2018 with his inner ear thing worked out (Assuming Y&B gives insight there). He'll by into the hard working game plan and become a really valuable KPF.

Conca will get and stay fit!! Then make 100 games and play a top 5 role in the back to back GF win.

CEllis will get that bit tougher and step up as a quality AFL mid.

Astbury will be rated almost equal to Rance at end 2018.

After our threepeat in 2019 we'll still have a core of posters grumbling about how so many players suck and the club doesn't really know what it is doing.

GC will actually turn it on and make finals in 2018 or 2019. And become a contender by 2021.

I’ll back Anthony Miles to regain a regular spot in the 22 (it may take an injury or two for it to happen, but it will);

One of Stengle, Bolton or Higgins will rise quickly; one of Castagna or Butler will fade quickly;

Hampson will play three senior games … some on here will salivate at his 30-plus hit outs, but he’ll average four possessions in each and we’ll lose all three games;

Dasher Houli will get what he deserved this year and claim the Norm Smith Medal;

Pains me to say it, Essendon will be very good this season;

The Brownlow will resemble Bonecrusher and Our Waverley Star going stride-for-stride in the Cox Plate, with Dusty and Danger going neck-and-neck;

I’m odds on to be perma-banned from Big Footy;

Milwaukee Bucks go deep into the playoffs (but won't win).

I’ll back Anthony Miles to regain a regular spot in the 22 (it may take an injury or two for it to happen, but it will);

One of Stengle, Bolton or Higgins will rise quickly; one of Castagna or Butler will fade quickly;

Hampson will play three senior games … some on here will salivate at his 30-plus hit outs, but he’ll average four possessions in each and we’ll lose all three games;

Dasher Houli will get what he deserved this year and claim the Norm Smith Medal;

The Brownlow will resemble Bonecrusher and Our Waverley Star going stride-for-stride in the Cox Plate, with Dusty and Danger going neck-and-neck;

Bucks won't make the playoffs.
Celtics, Raptors, Cavs, Wizards have top four wrapped up. Reckon Pistons and Heat might just pip Milwaukee for the other two spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who's spot do you reckon Miles would take and be able to keep out? i have always felt it has been Miles vs Prestia for the same spot, however when they both played in the same side i did see some signs that might suggest they could both fit into the same side.

my only concern was it absolutley couldnt be at the expense of pace, as that has helped set us apart from teams.

agree with Hampson, but i also think it will be important for Nankervis for Hampson to play a few games this year. we can't afford to burn Nank out. all we can hope for is if Hammer marks it 30m out in front of goal that Dusty still runs past him for the handball.

Griff will turn it on in 2018 with his inner ear thing worked out (Assuming Y&B gives insight there). He'll by into the hard working game plan and become a really valuable KPF.

Conca will get and stay fit!! Then make 100 games and play a top 5 role in the back to back GF win.

CEllis will get that bit tougher and step up as a quality AFL mid.

Astbury will be rated almost equal to Rance at end 2018.

After our threepeat in 2019 we'll still have a core of posters grumbling about how so many players suck and the club doesn't really know what it is doing.

GC will actually turn it on and make finals in 2018 or 2019. And become a contender by 2021.
Suns have a talented list, but don't play a game at Metricon until round 12 due to the Comm Games.
Reckon they will be big improvers in 2019.

Suns have a talented list, but don't play a game at Metricon until round 12 due to the Comm Games.

Instead of playing in Perth and at the Gabba they should have played more at Cazayly's or Townsville to make the opposition sweat. Why take games out of your state to allow the opposition to have home ground advantage?

No idea, this is BF ;)

But, if they can get their mojo on they will cause a lot of problems. Their big issue is that when they started out the culture wasn't well managed and they created a loser team full of star talent players. I reckon that if they play with intent and flair they will go pretty well. Maybe have a heap of home games in the 2nd half of 2018 and come home hard. But I'm confident that 2019 they will be finals worthy.

Still it's an opinion, and a fairly uninformed one. :p

who's spot do you reckon Miles would take and be able to keep out? i have always felt it has been Miles vs Prestia for the same spot, however when they both played in the same side i did see some signs that might suggest they could both fit into the same side.

my only concern was it absolutley couldnt be at the expense of pace, as that has helped set us apart from teams.

agree with Hampson, but i also think it will be important for Nankervis for Hampson to play a few games this year. we can't afford to burn Nank out. all we can hope for is if Hammer marks it 30m out in front of goal that Dusty still runs past him for the handball.

Hey, we lead the league in burning ruckmen out ... we take pride in it.
Maric, Simmonds .. neither of them gets about without a walking stick these days ;)
Would be a different balance to the team, but I think Broad is expendable for Miles. Our back six of Rance, Grimes, Astbury, Houli, Vlastuin, McIntosh and BEllis if need be is pretty set. I can also see a time when blokes, who quickly found form .. like Broad, Townsend, Graham etc. ... just as quickly lose it. Graham will be interesting. As always, this will be taken the wrong way, but a lot of blokes don't kick on in season two, but do in season three. We are not going to play anyone who is out of form and it will happen at some point. Also .... I don't think Miles is as slow as some like to make out.
As for Hampson, simply don't rate him. He'll likely play games, but he's no good. I didn't rate him at Carlton, it irks me we coughed up a second round pick still foe an ordinary footballer, and I don't rate anything he's done at Tigerland beyond hit-outs. Need one of these young kids to kick on quick as Hampson and Griffiths aren't up to it!

Hey, we lead the league in burning ruckmen out ... we take pride in it.
Maric, Simmonds .. neither of them gets about without a walking stick these days ;)
Would be a different balance to the team, but I think Broad is expendable for Miles. Our back six of Rance, Grimes, Astbury, Houli, Vlastuin, McIntosh and BEllis if need be is pretty set. I can also see a time when blokes, who quickly found form .. like Broad, Townsend, Graham etc. ... just as quickly lose it. Graham will be interesting. As always, this will be taken the wrong way, but a lot of blokes don't kick on in season two, but do in season three. We are not going to play anyone who is out of form and it will happen at some point. Also .... I don't think Miles is as slow as some like to make out.
As for Hampson, simply don't rate him. He'll likely play games, but he's no good. I didn't rate him at Carlton, it irks me we coughed up a second round pick still foe an ordinary footballer, and I don't rate anything he's done at Tigerland beyond hit-outs. Need one of these young kids to kick on quick as Hampson and Griffiths aren't up to it!

The back 6 could function like that but i would prefer BEllis isnt back there, reckon he plays better with a bit more freedom on the wing. but he can provide a chop out i guess.

second year blues do exist, but i think it can be a bit more avoidable with in and under player types like Graham. its more the outside players who rely on service that can fade out, but that doesnt mean it wont happen.

the bolded bit in your post is what i like the most, we now no longer have to play players for the sake of playing them. it can be all form based which is a perfect position to be in.

We sometimes get hurt the other way with Miles trying to track back, maybe he just needs to run and work smarter? its difficult cause i do really like his extracting ability.

wasnt the year we traded for Hampson the year Nankervis was drafted? If we were allowed to have 6 players on the bench, you would just send him in for the centre bounce and then straight off.

call me crazy but i actually felt like Soldo showed some good signs for someone who has had very little exposure to the game in comparison to others. still very much a work in progress though.

Here's mine:

Castagna will be out of the side by round 8 and won't be on the list in 2020.
Hampson will play some reasonable footy as we managed Nank's workloads.
Nathan Broad won't play 25 AFL games.
Despite all the hype about Callum Moore on here, he will have little impact in the few senior games he plays.
We won't as charmed a run with injuries as we did this year. A long-term injury (not season ending) to one of our mids and key backs will test us.
Jack Riewoldt will win a game with a goal after the siren.
Rioli will really struggle with his foot injury and may not be fully fit until after the bye.
Bachar Houli and Shaun Grigg will both kick on their right foot this year - once each, prompting scenes of mass hysteria.
Corey Ellis' fate will be the same as Ben Lennon's.

You do realise, good buddy, eight teams qualify from the East and eight from the West.
As a new NBA fan, I didn't. I thought it was six.
Bucks will make the playoffs then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back