AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Tigers to have a crack: Frawley
11:32:45 AM Thu 19 February, 2004
Matt Burgan
afl.com.au
Richmond coach Danny Frawley believes the Tigers’ number one priority for the Wizard Home Loans Cup is for the players to have a genuine crack in the competition and anything else that comes their way is a bonus for the club.

Speaking at the Tigers’ morning training session at Punt Rd on Thursday, Frawley indicated that the players were eager for the season opener against the Western Bulldogs at Telstra Dome, after a dismal 2003 season.

“We just want to be competitive. We obviously didn’t play that well last year, so we just want to make sure that we’ve got 24 fit guys and a lot of young guys out there are going to relish the contest,” Frawley said.

“We’re probably more advanced in our preparation than what we were last year, so we’re keen to put our best foot forward. We think our preparation’s been spot on so we haven’t taken anyone into the game with any doubt of injury.”

“We’ve been training now for four months so the guys are keen to get out there and compete against the opposition.”

Frawley said gun recruit Nathan Brown would line up for the first time against his former club.

“He’s been a great player for the Bulldogs and he’s going to be a great player for us, so I think it’s a good opportunity to get that one out of the road nice and early,” Frawley said of Brown.

Along with Brown, Frawley said that several other new players would be included in the squad – Tom Roach, Shane Morrison, Luke Weller, Ben Marsh, Simon Fletcher and Shane Tuck, but superstar forward Matthew Richardson would be rested.

“He suffered a little bit of a knock to the knee last Friday. He trained really well this morning, so he’s on track to play next week,” Frawley said on Richardson.

Meanwhile, Frawley said he was ‘excited’ about the continuation and introduction of several new rules for the Wizard Cup, adding that the ‘five messages a quarter’ rule would allow the club’s leaders to take further responsibilities.

“It’s probably a good opportunity for our leaders to show the way out there and make some moves out on the ground because five messages in AFL football can get delivered very quickly – some quicker than others.”

“But look, that’s something all of the coaches have to be aware of and obviously when the sixth one comes out – and you want to get it out – there is a free kick given to the opposition, so it can be pretty costly.”

“The players are going to have to coach themselves a little bit out there and basically that’s what they do anyway.”

And when asked how Frawley would use his ‘five messages a quarter’, he said he had ‘no plan whatsoever’.

"What a fool this guy is"

LMAO@Telling the media our no 1 prority is to have a genuine crack!!!FFS!
How embarrassing.

It already sounds as if he expects a tuff game that we will lose.

GO NOW FRAWLEY,LEAVE US YOU MORON.

lmaooo@
"“The players are going to have to coach themselves a little bit out there and basically that’s what they do anyway.”

Wasn;t aware of that.

Prepare for another arduous season,one full of imbecilic statements and hapless excuses.

Frawley has to go ASAP.

F@@@ What a joke.

Originally posted by oxx

well No not really. How is what he said less smart than your last post ? Everyone should know that the boys will have a genuine crack at a win. What do you expect ? The game plan in the paper again?

As for the boys coaching themselves...it's true. A good team will try to fix the problems rather waiting for the runner to come out. They give each a gee up or a blast...depends what's required.

The Frawley bashers are getting boring and predictable.

U r deluded.

Saying you will have a crack is difefrent to saying we're going out there to win,which imo should be the mind set.

Saying we will have a crack reaks of insecurity.

It's a stupid statement to make, no matter how you try to explain it to be otherwise.

Saying we will have a crack sounds like Tony Shaw.

Yes, Im a Feawley Basher.
I wish i didn't have to be but I have no say.

As much as you believe your thoughts are correct on this issue,
I too believe mine are.

Boring and predictable would apply to both sides of the argument
would it not?

Originally posted by oxx

LMAO@Telling the media our no 1 prority is to have a genuine crack!!!FFS!
How embarrassing.

It already sounds as if he expects a tuff game that we will lose.

GO NOW FRAWLEY,LEAVE US YOU MORON.

lmaooo@

Wasn;t aware of that.

Prepare for another arduous season,one full of imbecilic statements and hapless excuses.

Frawley has to go ASAP.

F@@@ What a joke.
if you havnt noticed its only a wizzard cup.all sides go into this comp with the mindset of testing players out in new positions and give young kids a bit of taste of senior football.
your clearly deluded to think any club takes this comp that serious.
why dont you next time you run into spud call him a moron to his face.

Spud's coaching record is one thing, but what he started to do last year that really infuriated me was his post match explanations of why we lost. He sounded like a guy that either didnt know the answer or kept trying to find positives when he knew there were none.

He cant wear his heart on his sleeve one year and spin like a pollie the next.

But you cant hate him for talking, just for losing.

funny

whatever....

look guys ...we've got some second string players.
and a hard working coach who desperately wants success.
Let's all get behind 'em...warts and all and cheer 'em on.

To quote that Khan guy...let's roar.

Good stuff Rodan18.

go Tiges.

And when asked how Frawley would use his ‘five messages a quarter’, he said he had,
‘no plan whatsoever’.
:D :D :D
‘no plan whatsoever’

Originally posted by oxx
‘no plan whatsoever’

hehehe... shock horror. I'm supporting Frawley for 2004, however, as soon as they take the media communications responsibility off him (AGAIN), the better!

He does us absolutely no favours, its embarassing and downright clueless. He tries to pump the side up, but only creates unrealistic expectations on him and the team everytime.

"No plan whatsoever".... that's half the problem Danny, there is no plan!

Let Miller do the talking, so you can work on GETTING A ****ING PLAN TOGETHER! Only 35 days to go mate, until you 30,000 supporters waiting with guns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Rodan#18.
well No not really. How is what he said less smart than your last post ? Everyone should know that the boys will have a genuine crack at a win. What do you expect ? The game plan in the paper again?

As for the boys coaching themselves...it's true. A good team will try to fix the problems rather waiting for the runner to come out. They give each a gee up or a blast...depends what's required.

The Frawley bashers are getting boring and predictable.

You are displaying far too much common sense, Rodan. You know that some people can't deal with it when you do.

I believe the Frawley lovers are becoming boring an predictable.

I cant wait till this clown is sacked at the end of the year, so that we no longer have to put up with his country bumpkin crap!

Is Frawley, Steve Irwins long lost brother?

Memo to RFC, gag him permanently, the cringe factor is behond a joke!

Originally posted by diggler
I believe the Frawley lovers are becoming boring an predictable.

I cant wait till this clown is sacked at the end of the year, so that we no longer have to put up with his country bumpkin crap!

Is Frawley, Steve Irwins long lost brother?

Memo to RFC, gag him permanently, the cringe factor is behond a joke!

Memo to Bigfooty, gag diggler permanently, the cringe factor is beyond a joke! :p

LC

What's worse: Frawley being Frawley or Peter Schwab coming out yesterday saying the Hawks are gonna win the premiership?

I luv optimism, but quiet optimism - keep it amongst yourselves guys and just do it (and i don't mean the Hawks here).

Originally posted by Pirate
You are displaying far too much common sense, Rodan. You know that some people can't deal with it when you do.

Cant help yourself can you pirate?

U just gotta dish out the smart ars remarks from a safe distance dont you?

LMAOOO@Someone that professes their own intelligence to be superior.

Frawley doesn't always make the greatest comments but at least he's positive without being unrealistic. As for being insecure, well maybe he reads this forum.
At times during the past 2 disappionting seasons we have shown that being a top team is not beyond us.
Round 1 2002 v Collingwood was the best game of footy I've been to in years. We were direct and attacking all night amassing our 24 goals. The Pies kicked 18 so it wasn't very defensive, but I don't care. If having a crack equates to playing like that I'm all for it.
It's ok to bag Spud for poor performances, but there have been some good ones as well which seem to be lost in the quest to be negative about everything he does. We weren't exactly flying when he came to the club so it's not like he's run the team down.
I'm not a Frawley lover but he's the coach of the club I love so I'll support him.

PS There's a game on tonight and I'm champing at the bit to get there.

I dont know what you guys are on about Frawley is a great coach he would coach the under 12's in upperswan fantasticially. I think next he may even issue out MacDonalds awards for the most improved after a tough games play. Actually call it "had a crack" award.

Frawley is a CHUMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm "P"

Originally posted by oxx

U just gotta dish out the smart ars remarks from a safe distance dont you?

LMAOOO@Someone that professes their own intelligence to be superior.

Obviously not "safe' enough.

Superior to whom? Did I actually "profess" that, or is it something you've assumed?

As to whom is more intelligent out of ox and myself, I'll leave that to others to judge. Meanwhile, I'll just concentrate on more important things, and I suggest you do the same.

Originally posted by Pirate
As to whom is more intelligent out of ox and myself, I'll leave that to others to judge. Meanwhile, I'll just concentrate on more important things, and I suggest you do the same.

LMAOO

OK ! :D

lol

foot note * no-one really cares Piarate.

His remarks though were not as bad as Schwab Sandwiches from Hawthorn... ' WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE 2004 PREMIERSHIP" a statement said from this point in time.
If Spud said that... hmmmm I wonder then the reponses here would be ... I think a few will be ring 000 to get the crazy farm doctors down to Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back