Tim O'Brien: Corner turned. 2yr extension announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree Patton Ruck/FWD.
I reckon Timmy will get some ruck work. Patton probs when the ball is deep forward. Or Lewis.

I hope Big Boy doesn't come into the F50m, but instead sets himself a kick outside our F50m to provide making power & prevent the rebound. Also gives him minutes of rest at a time whilst we lock it into the F50m.

I reckon Timmy will get some ruck work. Patton probs when the ball is deep forward. Or Lewis.

I hope Big Boy doesn't come into the F50m, but instead sets himself a kick outside our F50m to provide making power & prevent the rebound. Also gives him minutes of rest at a time whilst we lock it into the F50m.

Its exciting which ever way you look at it atm thats for sure! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always gets serious hang time, even when he jumps off two feet. Like a lighter version of the Rough, but with more straight line speed.

He has that beautiful kicking action too, just like Lewis.

The Eagles backs when after his body in a lot of contests. He just wasn't overwhelmed at all by it.

In light of this, all this talk of Patton is a little weird IMO. Our forward line is becoming Land of the Giants with our 3 emerging talls, Gunston and a ruck floating down there.

Granted Nash can play as a small also I guess.

Always gets serious hang time, even when he jumps off two feet. Like a lighter version of the Rough, but with more straight line speed.

The Eagles backs when after his body in a lot of contests. He just wasn't overwhelmed at all by it.

In light of this, all this talk of Patton is a little weird IMO. Our forward line is becoming Land of the Giants with our 3 emerging talls, Gunston and a ruck floating down there.

I still think it makes sense, depth is important.

When you have -

Patton FWD/RUC
Obrien FWD/DEF
Gunston FWD/WING/DEF
Hodgey FWD/RUC

The one i think gets squeezed out is Cegs, deserves to be a regular best 22 and first option Ruckmen somewhere and i think he will get that opportunity elsewhere after a very strong end to the season.

Yes, I had been thinking it was a land of giants as well but then I paused to think the talls are incredibly multi-skilled. Gunners and TOB, anyways, are genuine full-ground swing men. Even Hodgey is frequently back past the midpoint providing a linkage up the boundary. There is, despite the height, a lot of variety in the Hawthorn forward line from out of nowhere it seems. Even Nash was parked at FF for times in the last few weeks and picked up a couple snags in that position. This second half of the season saw the forward line grow immensely.

Patton better get to work on his cardio. He’s going to need a good tank to compete with this bunch.

We've got no depth.
Next year no Rough, probably no Schoey, fair chance we only want to play one actual ruck
If one of Lewis or O'Brien get's injured we'd be light on for talls, both out and we'd be looking at Gunston as the only tall.

Patton give's us some depth, he also gives us a genuine mature tall option who is a forward, something we don't have on our list at the moment

We've got no depth.
Next year no Rough, probably no Schoey, fair chance we only want to play one actual ruck
If one of Lewis or O'Brien get's injured we'd be light on for talls, both out and we'd be looking at Gunston as the only tall.

Patton give's us some depth, he also gives us a genuine mature tall option who is a forward, something we don't have on our list at the moment

I've got no problem with adding depth, and I agree losing Shoe and Rough is troubling. But with Patton at an age where he's likely to demand a start, I can only see it pushing TOB to the backline.

I think long term, his value is as a forward adding a skillset that makes Lewis a bigger threat.

Hell, I'd argue that whatever Patton can bring, it's a bit iffy after 3 knees.

But we need a bigger body than TOB down back long term. That's the bigger issue in the next 1-2 years imo. I'm not saying he can't be a weapon down there, but slick, high leaping forwards with good skills aren't a common commodity.

Who here would be willing to cash in on his late season form and trade him for a late 1st early 2nd rounder (18-24)?

1. Just re-signed
2. Likely wouldn't fetch that much off such a small sample size
3. Would be a lot of wasted effort in his development

If cegs were to leave, and bigboy got injured, could we get by with pitto?

Pitto is absolutely dominating vfl but more a pure ruck, but then the other talls would need to hold their spots, and provide targets for kick outs.

But I do remember fondly the last time we took a frenchman ruck into the finals

Rookie mullinger mchue?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back