Toast TLR calls for vote on guernsey - update: Members vote for Premiership/Fitzroy Lion - it's back baby!

Remove this Banner Ad

Here it is guys, i just got these images from the leppa interview.
Cant wait to see it in action!!

ezyqyzer.jpg

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

Weird tweet here by the Lions twitter account, I've got a funny feeling the person running it didn't know this was the proposed new design (or return to old design).

Screenshot 2013-12-21 19.01.26.png

It's perfectly clear by the photo above that the jumper seen with Leppitsch is the 2015 design, as the royal blue extends further down than the three-peat guernsey seen this season.

Weird tweet here by the Lions twitter account, I've got a funny feeling the person running it didn't know this was the proposed new design (or return to old design).

View attachment 38968

It's perfectly clear by the photo above that the jumper seen with Leppitsch is the 2015 design, as the royal blue extends further down than the three-peat guernsey seen this season.

I don't get what you mean?
The jumper in the tweet is the same as the one in Leppa's presser.
Steele's tweet was the day after the AGM (& vote).
The blue looks the same proportion to me, about an inch above the bottom of the arm hole.

(That they are the same jumper in the 2 pics is evidenced by the "BLK" on the front neck, as opposed to the previous "Kooga" logo/name).;)

The kid's jumper in the tweet was obviously supplied as a photo opportunity and the tweet was celebrating the new design getting the nod at the AGM the night before.:)

I don't get what you mean?
The jumper in the tweet is the same as the one in Leppa's presser.
Steele's tweet was the day after the AGM (& vote).
The blue looks the same proportion to me, about an inch above the bottom of the arm hole.

(That they are the same jumper in the 2 pics is evidenced by the "BLK" on the front neck, as opposed to the previous "Kooga" logo/name).;)

The kid's jumper in the tweet was obviously supplied as a photo opportunity and the tweet was celebrating the new design getting the nod at the AGM the night before.:)

The kid has the 2015 jumper on, someone asks if that jumper is a preview of the 2015 jumper (which it is), and the Lions reply saying it's a three-peat jumper seen during the coll/ess games (which it clearly isn't).

The kid has the 2015 jumper on, someone asks if that jumper is a preview of the 2015 jumper (which it is), and the Lions reply saying it's a three-peat jumper seen during the coll/ess games (which it clearly isn't).

Ah, ok I see what you're getting at.:thumbsu: I was focused on the pics.:oops:
Still, the BL twitter account is right. It's a mock up/proposed (copy) design not a definite finished product.
They do say it's a copy of the threepeat guernsey, swapped the player names for the watermark, as opposed to the 3peat.
We'd hope the watermark is dispensed with. :thumbsu:

Ah, ok I see what you're getting at.:thumbsu: I was focused on the pics.:oops:
Still, the BL twitter account is right. It's a mock up/proposed (copy) design not a definite finished product.
They do say it's a copy of the threepeat guernsey, swapped the player names for the watermark, as opposed to the 3peat.
We'd hope the watermark is dispensed with. :thumbsu:

I was just using the photo above to show the BLK jumper is actually a different design to the three-peat jumper, as the blue on the back extends further. The three-peat jumper had the same back as the paddle pop design.

ezyqyzer.jpg

Brisbane-3peat-2013.gif

Just to clear it up, this year's 3-Peat jersey copied the Paddelpop design with the high maroon covering all of the numbers. Personally, I prefer the look of it compared to the halfway cutoff like above.

Just found out about this:thumbsu:. I like what Leppa's holding.

Well done TLR and everyone else involved in people power...even though such power could have been easily avoided.

My wife bought me a paddle pop lion money box; first merch I have with the full jumper on it, good thing it was after the change was announced. Will have it there to not only to save money, but to also remind me what can happen if we let a board run free with such important stuff:)

My wife bought me a paddle pop lion money box; first merch I have with the full jumper on it, good thing it was after the change was announced. Will have it there to not only to save money, but to also remind me what can happen if we let a board run free with such important stuff:)

Use it to save money to buy the new jumper when it comes out LB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Steele Tallon tweet is it me or is the Lion logo too big? I don't like the look of it if true and not some illusion.

No decision has been made yet on the final specs of the jumper, all that is confirmed at this stage is paddle pop is not on the jumper for 2015 and the jumper will be similar to the three peat guernsey.

No decision has been made yet on the final specs of the jumper, all that is confirmed at this stage is paddle pop is not on the jumper for 2015 and the jumper will be similar to the three peat guernsey.

This is true and has me slightly concerned that the club is pissing in our pockets. Whilst I would accept a variation, the club is riding on the marketing coat tails of "the return of the Premiership Jumper". I strongly doubt that we will see the original design, but rather a bastardised version of this year's 3peat guernsey.
My preference would be for the original design, with the colours true, things in the correct proportion and none of those hideous watermarks.
Maybe I'm jumping the gun and we should wait to see what is proposed, but then again we should be voicing our preferences for exactly what we want before it is too late. A lot of work and anger has gone under the bridge for the club too stuff this up, only to tell us "near enough" or ask "what are you complaining about, it's the old Lion".
As I said, I would reluctantly accept a "near enough" design, (it'll be better than this year's thing) but why not go for what we really want. And they can start by being open and honest about it all rather than saying a "return to the Premiership Guernsey" while showing us a sort of, kind of, looks a bit like, mock up cheap copy.

This is true and has me slightly concerned that the club is pissing in our pockets. Whilst I would accept a variation, the club is riding on the marketing coat tails of "the return of the Premiership Jumper". I strongly doubt that we will see the original design, but rather a bastardised version of this year's 3peat guernsey.
My preference would be for the original design, with the colours true, things in the correct proportion and none of those hideous watermarks.
Maybe I'm jumping the gun and we should wait to see what is proposed, but then again we should be voicing our preferences for exactly what we want before it is too late. A lot of work and anger has gone under the bridge for the club too stuff this up, only to tell us "near enough" or ask "what are you complaining about, it's the old Lion".
As I said, I would reluctantly accept a "near enough" design, (it'll be better than this year's thing) but why not go for what we really want. And they can start by being open and honest about it all rather than saying a "return to the Premiership Guernsey" while showing us a sort of, kind of, looks a bit like, mock up cheap copy.

Exactly what I was afraid of. They said they were going back to the premiership jumper...but it seems they're not. There should be no need to design anything.

The club certainly hasn't earned our trust in any fashion but I think people are getting a bit paranoid here. I think it's pretty clear it is going to be remarkably close to the premiership jumper although I am resigned to the fact we are probably going to have to deal with the shitty watermarks.

Regardless, the main objective was to get rid of the paddlepop lion. It is done.

Yes the paddlepop has gone....but it is what we get in its place that matters.

How hard is it to just go back to our original proper SUCCESSFUL premiership jumper?...seriously?

Why complicate things by having to design/change to something similar, when the ORIGINAL is what we want?

I think when the club says it yet to be finalized, all indications are it it is deciding the size of the Lion (Similar to the premiership but not as big as current one) and how far down the jumper the blue goes.

I think we have nothing to concern ourselves about. I think the trust we have lost in the board is going to cause some worry, but this is a new board and we need to trust them.

When trust is lost, it doesn't return overnight.

When we see how the club is being run...what jumper they give us, then and only then will we be able to trust them again.

When trust is lost, it doesn't return overnight.

When we see how the club is being run...what jumper they give us, then and only then will we be able to trust them again.

Yeah I get the lack of trust thing but for me that doesn't translate to automatically assuming the club is going to screw us at every opportunity.

I am all for a high level of scrutiny and I think my record shows but from my perspective there is little evidence to suggest the club is going to screw us on the jumper.

All signs indicate we are going to be getting something very similar to the premiership jumper.

We've been locked in combat with certain elements of the club for so long that I think some people have become accustomed to it as the natural position but people are jumping at shadows IMO. I'm conserving my energy for when something real happens.

Yeah, I don't see any evidence that the club will purposefully screw us over with regards to the jumper at this stage. The line is that they are doing what the fans want, and the fans want the old jumper back. Any missteps in the past have mainly been based on club incompetence and little more. Even if it isn't exactly the same, what we will be getting back is going to be much much much more similar to the premiership guensey than what we had.

Shouting 'distrust' without any real evidence of what the guernsey will look like at this stage will probably just elicit a 'well, we just can't win can we' response from the club and little engagement in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back