Opinion Tom Bellchambers - Trade Bait?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Martin would be of much greater benefit to us then JROO.

Im not big on having all these gun power forwards in the same team - it doesnt work. Him playing would mean Hurley playing down back or not playing. Its hardly a huge upgrade.

I think it depends on what we want to do with our midfield. If we get another quality player in there, I could see Crameri leaving with either Hurley playing as the third tall, or someone like Goddard or even Myers spending more time forward.

I'd be wary of selling off Stew, though. Whatever you might say about his form or fitness or desire or whatever, he's been our leading goalkicker the past two years and is top of the pile again this year. We'd have to be very confident that someone can step up instantly with the minimum 30 goals per season that Cram has given us - can one of Hurley, Gumby, Daniher, etc be expected to do that?

Well considering Bellchambers is all set to sign a new multi-year contract within the next 1-2 weeks. He isn't going anywhere

I think it depends on what we want to do with our midfield. If we get another quality player in there, I could see Crameri leaving with either Hurley playing as the third tall, or someone like Goddard or even Myers spending more time forward.

I'd be wary of selling off Stew, though. Whatever you might say about his form or fitness or desire or whatever, he's been our leading goalkicker the past two years and is top of the pile again this year. We'd have to be very confident that someone can step up instantly with the minimum 30 goals per season that Cram has given us - can one of Hurley, Gumby, Daniher, etc be expected to do that?
We arent selling him off thats for sure. Hes leaving for more money to a coach he loves who is going to have him as the number one man up front.

We arent selling him off thats for sure. Hes leaving for more money to a coach he loves who is going to have him as the number one man up front.

Bellchambers is leaving? I never knew you work in the recruitment team at Essendon FC. Recent reports having Belly signing a muli-season contract soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you guys really think T-Bellch is going after last night...
I've lost faith in humanity, koalas and acid washed Christmas ham.

Try reading the post he was replying to as well. Neither have anything to do with Bellchambers.

I did, I think it's clear he was thinking 1 thing, being distracted by something & just typing something totally something else. It happens ...

Bellchambers isn't going anywhere and I would be shocked if Crameri left.

Both will be wearing red and black well and beyond next season.

I think it has become pretty clear that some tall KPP has to go... It's like trying to choose which finger you are going to cut off yourself :(
At the end of the day, which of the options would give us best trade value out of TBC, Gumby, Crameri or Hooker? I know there are other names that could be thrown into the ring, but out of these four i could see us landing a good trade...

TBC is a must keep. It will cost us badly, the other 3 are replaceable.

Hard to say who would get more value Crameri or Hooker. Gumby would be worth the least value at the trade table. I wouldn't be trading Crameri though. I would only trade Gumby or Hooker, but trading Gumby won't net us any great value, worth more to keep I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back