Analysis Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what I think as well.

If he needs a rest, then give him a proper rest.

What if someone gets injured early? Then Mitchell has to play a full game and you probably need to rest him the following week.

Who have you guys used this year in the sub role? ie/ have you been swapping it around, is it usually first year players, do you tend to use the same few players?

Perhaps it was just a rotation policy, because none of the players want the vest?

Towers has been a sub a fair bit, Lloyd has been. We don't really have a designated 'sub'. Gosh I hate the rule, can't wait till they get rid of it. Such a useless rule that has done nothing but hurt teams.

I actually said before the WCE that I thought he was a good choice as sub, as he has had a heavy workload. However my issue is....that is fine, give him a proper rest. We can't take back last week anyway.

Towers has been a sub a fair bit, Lloyd has been. We don't really have a designated 'sub'. Gosh I hate the rule, can't wait till they get rid of it. Such a useless rule that has done nothing but hurt teams.

I actually said before the WCE that I thought he was a good choice as sub, as he has had a heavy workload. However my issue is....that is fine, give him a proper rest. We can't take back last week anyway.

Yeh flying him all the way to Perth for a 'rest' is a bit strange. Oh well who knows - perhaps Longmire just wants to keep making him hungry, not rest on his recent laurels etc.

I think everyone is looking forward to ditching the sub. Its the perfect example of why we shouldnt be tinkering with the rules to manipulate the game so frequently.

Yeh flying him all the way to Perth for a 'rest' is a bit strange. Oh well who knows - perhaps Longmire just wants to keep making him hungry, not rest on his recent laurels etc.

I think everyone is looking forward to ditching the sub. Its the perfect example of why we shouldnt be tinkering with the rules to manipulate the game so frequently.

The one thing that annoys me with the AFL sometimes...is there any other sport that seems so bent on changing rules every single year. remind me what is wrong about leaving it how it is.

I hope Mitchell plays a full game this week, we are better if he is in the centre roving.

The one thing that annoys me with the AFL sometimes...is there any other sport that seems so bent on changing rules every single year. remind me what is wrong about leaving it how it is.

I hope Mitchell plays a full game this week, we are better if he is in the centre roving.

It's dickheads like Kevin Bartlett.

"The game isn't played like it used to be. There's too much congestion."

What a load of s**t. Watch a game from 20 years ago and it's nowhere near as fast as today. It's still a physical contest between men and that's what we go to see. There will always be prettier games than others but so ******* what.

*Excuse my aggression today. I watched the cricket.

To
It's dickheads like Kevin Bartlett.

"The game isn't played like it used to be. There's too much congestion."

What a load of s**t. Watch a game from 20 years ago and it's nowhere near as fast as today. It's still a physical contest between men and that's what we go to see. There will always be prettier games than others but so ******* what.

*Excuse my aggression today. I watched the cricket.

Totally agree, never grew up idolising the vfl but I've watched a bit on tv & if anyone wants to go back to that school yard kick to kick they must have rocks in their heads. If you look at old WAFL games you notice it is closer to the modern game than the vfl ever was.

To

Totally agree, never grew up idolising the vfl but I've watched a bit on tv & if anyone wants to go back to that school yard kick to kick they must have rocks in their heads. If you look at old WAFL games you notice it is closer to the modern game than the vfl ever was.
Interesting stats on the AFLsite today. Has average stats from 2000, 2005, 2010 and this year.

Kicking efficiency in 2000 was 76%, but is now 65%
However the number of kicks is almost identical. Contested marks was about 5 higher per game, and uncontested marks was about 20 lower per game in 2000 than it is today.

Summing these together, it seems footy in 2000 was about long kicks to a contest. Horse would have loved it.

Interesting stats on the AFLsite today. Has average stats from 2000, 2005, 2010 and this year.

Kicking efficiency in 2000 was 76%, but is now 65%
However the number of kicks is almost identical. Contested marks was about 5 higher per game, and uncontested marks was about 20 lower per game in 2000 than it is today.

Summing these together, it seems footy in 2000 was about long kicks to a contest. Horse would have loved it.
Moreso than 2015.

And footy was more long kick to a contested in 1985 than 2000.

And so on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back