Votes: 14 4.9%

Votes: 85 30.0%

Votes: 57 20.1%

Votes: 69 24.4%
  • 7+

Votes: 45 15.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of you need to chill out, be better than geelong supporters.

We dont need to wish injuries on anyone or hope someone evens it up.

Just be content in the fact we win when it really matters.

Also the thread is about Stewart and Prestia

Are you saying they should scrap intentional then?

Unless of course the player comes out and says yep I did that on purpose then it’s a pointless grading.
For bumps you basically could, unless it’s something like Byron Pickett used to do back in the day. Seems like the intentional grading is not so much used as did they intentionally do the act eg.bump, but more did they intentionally mean hit them high or knock them out.

Just wow at the cats board. No thoughts of Prestia and his health at all. Its all #prayfortom. Pretty poor form.
I wouldnt expect anything less than completely irrational drivel , wouldn’t even waste my time with it ,,,if anyone is seriously prepared to defend the indefensible, then they’re all campaigners

Yep people will still attend AFL games.

Jokes on you if you still fund the AFL.

If you aren't boycotting the AFL, you're part of the problem.

Wake the * up. There's a reason why crowds are at a 30 year low and it's not Covid or the weather.
CFL will send us to Marvel.

How infantile. So you’re suggesting that any rationale discussion not welcome on any this or any other BigFooty.com forums?

Or only people that agree on every issue raised. Surely not? I get it if people are baiting opposition supporters but expressing one’s opinion was still something allowed in this country if I’m not mistaken?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

this is a no oppo thread. * off you gimp

there's plenty of other places you can argue with people about it freely

How infantile. So you’re suggesting that any rationale discussion not welcome on any this or any other BigFooty.com forums?

Or only people that agree on every issue raised. Surely not? I get it if people are baiting opposition supporters but expressing one’s opinion was still something allowed in this country if I’m not mistaken?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
* off ********.

Enjoy your ban.

Can't believe the excuse for the game not being stopped was our trainers didn't call for a stretcher. In what sport does a game not stop for something as serious as a head injury? AFL has no excuse as the clock stops. Even soccer stops at the slightest suspiscion of a head injury (which is frustratingly used by teams to run the clock down). Careless? * the AFL. I've watched two games this year and won't be watching another. Will also be cancelling my two memberships at the end of the season. Careless is also how a lot of football supporters also feel about the AFL. The boy's club can enjoy going broke.
Reading the main board thread at the time a lot of neutral supporters were wondering why play hadn't stopped. Prestia clearly "out like a light' yet play goes on nearby???? I mean that's seriously f****d up. Forgetting the fact it benefited them at the time, the fact that it continued right near him is an indictment on the game

Reading the main board thread at the time a lot of neutral supporters were wondering why play hadn't stopped. Prestia clearly "out like a light' yet play goes on nearby???? I mean that's seriously f****d up. Forgetting the fact it benefited them at the time, the fact that it continued right near him is an indictment on the game

Didn’t surprise me it’s an amateur run league.

Can't believe the excuse for the game not being stopped was our trainers didn't call for a stretcher. In what sport does a game not stop for something as serious as a head injury? AFL has no excuse as the clock stops. Even soccer stops at the slightest suspiscion of a head injury (which is frustratingly used by teams to run the clock down). Careless? * the AFL. I've watched two games this year and won't be watching another. Will also be cancelling my two memberships at the end of the season. Careless is also how a lot of football supporters also feel about the AFL. The boy's club can enjoy going broke.
More corruption from the CFL.

You watch Wankley come out and say it was an accident Nothing more surer
For sure.
Weasel Weakley with his hunched over shoulders will announce that Stewart is of fine character but made a grave mistake and will take it like a man, and he deserves all of his 3 weeks off.

Robbo will have a rare moment of clarity and say he should get 6, and it was a gutless act, and how the hell it was considered 'careless' is beyond me.

Weakly will cower and not answer like he usually does when his agenda is challenged, and will change subject quick smart.

Weakley is a complete fraud. The oracle my arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the AFL​

Match Review: All-Australian Cat learns fate for Prestia bump​

The three-time All-Australian will face the tribunal and is set to miss at least three games after the bump was graded as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact by the Match Review Officer

Does being an All Australian give you some sort of ban discount does it?... And are they bracing us for a pre-determined result?

I know stupid of me to ask.

The AFL would seriously give FIFA a run for their money in the corruption stakes.

From the AFL​

Match Review: All-Australian Cat learns fate for Prestia bump​

The three-time All-Australian will face the tribunal and is set to miss at least three games after the bump was graded as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact by the Match Review Officer

Does being an All Australian give you some sort of ban discount does it?... And are they bracing us for a pre-determined result?

I know stupid of me to ask.

The AFL would seriously give FIFA a run for their money in the corruption stakes.
Bachar got 4 weeks for throwing an arm back to fend off a tackler. He did not to intend to get him in the head but he did. Here’s the headline. Stewart should be 4 weeks. His act was intentional.

“Bachar Houli to miss four weeks
after AFL appeals tribunal's
initial two-week suspension”

3 weeks for a deliberate bump (it was deliberate and intentional) is not enough when players are getting 2 weeks for standing their ground or accidental head clashes. Houli got 4. Stewart should get at least 4. Having it be graded careless and a possibility of 3 is laughably inadequate.
Its a ******* joke.His scum of a coach even admitted he went past the ball.Careless my ass.
Its at least a 6 week ban.

Careless my arse, thing is if Stewart had the ball and Prestia was the oncoming tackler, Stewart would've taken a step sideways to avoid him that's how much room and time he had to avoid Dion. This was intentional and nothing less. If this isn't at least 5 weeks then the AFL are just Geelong renamed. I mean it took the AFL 3 shots before they suspended Ablett for throwing elbows and that was only to save face, Dangerfield let off 1 week after Dusty got the famous ' potential to cause injury ' crap for the same action. Grimes gets fined for diving in the 19 QF but Miers and Dangerfield let off for dives in the 19 PF and many many more.

Also lets throw in the fact Geelong get the most 7 day breaks of any club due to nearly an entire season played on saturdays .

And let's be honest if this was any tiger player who knocked out Selwood, the calls for 5-6-7-8 weeks would be going off and the media would be close to calling for the death penalty

Now I know this won't be a popular post so please save your time with all the carry on from last night and this morning, because I'm talking about the issue of grading the charge and as I said above there is nobody on this board or even at the AFL that can say with 100% certainty that Stewarts sole intention was to bump.

Both of these graded careless. Marlion was laying a shepherd though while Stewart had no excuse for the bump. Not a shepherd, not to protect himself. Just decided to shoulder a bloke in the head. Careless would be clanger field knocking out Tigger in the granny

Can't say I'm surprised it was graded careless, because even though he chose to bump how do you prove 100% that his sole intention was to lay the bump. The only person who knows is Stewart and before you all start with he admitted he chose to bump, how do you know for certain that he isnt talking about how at the last second he chose to bump once laying a tackle wasn't an option.

For mine intentional is Brereton being lined up by Yeates from 25m away and making a beeline for him, Gaff breaking Brayshaws jaw and Hall knocking out Staker by intentionally throwing punches.

Now I know this won't be a popular post so please save your time with all the carry on from last night and this morning, because I'm talking about the issue of grading the charge and as I said above there is nobody on this board or even at the AFL that can say with 100% certainty that Stewarts sole intention was to bump.
I know what you are trying to say and given the way that the current AFL rules are written, I'm not entirely surprised that they went with Careless (probably also has something to do with me being jaded about the game as well). Given the proximity of the ball (Prestia had just tapped it away), I could see them saying it was a "football incident" rather than an outright malicious one in their reasoning for it being flagged as careless.

This is why this current MRO system is an absolute crap shoot, in an attempt to standardise the penalties, they've just made the terminology vague enough that they can make it fit to whatever they want, so the inconsistency still remains, if not is even worse. In my eyes, running past the ball to bump a player should immediately take Careless off the table. They intended to run past the ball to make contact, therefore it should be intentional. I know that's now how it's written today, but it 100% should be.

When a player is in the air and completely defenceless and you choose to bump and knock him out cold, then you deserve to have the book thrown at you with no mercy.

Back