• West coast 2006 heritage player issue

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Brisbane bears 2006 heritage player issue

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 21.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One of these is on a certain auction site at the moment i believe.... didnt realise it had the watermarked premiership years in it until i saw that.
and so cheap.. for a retail jumper:eek:

$1250 on the main auction website.....

I would have thought the Fitzroy 1996 retro, or Fitzroys preseason would be up there, but I admit i have seen them more often than some of those listed above. Probably due to the club selling them to generate some coin as opposed to keeping them in house.
If you have any current leads to any 1996 guernseys id be super keen to hear!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Never seen or heard about this jumper ever again – Collingwood R2, 2011 v North

dane-swan-of-the-magpies-marks-the-ball-during-the-round-two-afl-picture-id111417966

Never seen or heard about this jumper ever again – Collingwood R2, 2011 v North

dane-swan-of-the-magpies-marks-the-ball-during-the-round-two-afl-picture-id111417966

I remember the hullaballoo when it was worn, and the fact that the match was a Saturday arvo on Channel 10. I believe the commentators were calling it 'the Braces'

I remember the hullaballoo when it was worn, and the fact that the match was a Saturday arvo on Channel 10. I believe the commentators were calling it 'the Braces'
Naaaaah not Channel 10.

I remember when this was unveiled and the talk on the forum. I was a kid when Channel 10 stopped showing footy. This came a fair bit later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naaaaah not Channel 10.

I remember when this was unveiled and the talk on the forum. I was a kid when Channel 10 stopped showing footy. This came a fair bit later.

The game it was worn was definitely a Saturday on Channel 10 (who stopped showing the footy at the end of 2011)
Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 8.23.13 am.png

The crappy St Kilda Pura Lite Start yellow joke of a jersey we wore a couple of times against Carlton probably around the 2001-2003 era.

Does anybody else remember that Geelong jersey around 2004 with the navy & lighter blue horizontal stripes? I remember it from AFL Live Premiership Edition haha.

Spotted a replica of one of these tonight at Docklands, I have not seen any of these guernseys since 2005, I doubt the Hawks if they put them up for sale sold many of these
View attachment 640551

We must have been in the same section, I saw the same jumper. First time I've ever seen one in person. I don't reckon many would retails would have been made, and given it's not in current club colours I doubt many 'regular' jumper purchasers would have bought one.

Given that it's in the current-day Bulldogs colours it makes sense to wear it and it didn't look out of place, but it's still a Hawks jumper regardless

Last edited:
I have Matthew Ball's No.31 worn in that game, v Essendon in 2005. Cost me as much as any normal retail jumper at auction. I thought bargain, because Luke Ball was starring for the Saints at the time so I took a punt thinking "future superstar"...! Great jumper from a wearability angle...just something about the material for that one and the 2001 Preseason jumper which makes you go "oooh yeeeah" as soon as you put it on...

Went to a Hawks game at the Gabba a few years later in 2008, and noticed our supporter contingent, which had been modest and quiet the entire decade I'd been going to the annual match, had suddenly grown big and boisterous. We hadn't even won the premiership yet. I had the blue 2005 jumper on, and I was walking up the aisle when one of them, a bandwagon dickhead probably, pointed me out to his gang in between all of the other bullshit he was pumping out and yelled "what the f### is he doing here!", thinking I was Footscray...! Sad bit was none of his mates pulled him up on it...

I also have the Blue Diamond. Nothing better than walking through an oblivious crowd and catching the eye of a Hawk fan who knows and then gives you the silent nod of approval and a smirk...!

Spotted a replica of one of these tonight at Docklands, I have not seen any of these guernseys since 2005, I doubt the Hawks if they put them up for sale sold many of these
View attachment 640551
I'm guessing some poor doggies fan bought one thinking they were getting one of these?
e85bbaaa8411fd3c59304bdda660f9b5

Back