Remove this Banner Ad

Team
1. Carlton
2. Collingwood
3. Geelong

Individual
1. Lipinski
2. Stengle
3. Rachele -Not going for the superstar performances, but the ones which caught my eye from lesser lights.

1.Melbourne
2.Geelong (geriatrics getting it done in 29c heat,amazing)
3.Western Bulldogs ( how they managed to make a GF with 1 legit FWD & not a single A Grade defender,Re Geelong,amazing)

1.Rachelle
2.Petracca
3.that guy that kicked 5 for Essendon on debut

the 3 most dissappointing teams

EQ 1. Richmond & North
2. Essendon
3. Carlton ( 8 x 50m penalties for, yet only won by 4 goals,pathetic)

1.Melbourne
3.Western Bulldogs ( how they managed to make a GF with 1 legit FWD & not a single A Grade defender,Re Geelong,amazing)

1.Rachelle
2.Petracca

EQ 1. Richmond & North
2. Essendon
This post makes me happy. Good to see the hurt is deep!

1.Melbourne

1.Rachelle
2.Petracca

EQ 1. Richmond & North
2. Essendon
lmao so salty!

This post makes me happy. Good to see the hurt is deep!
lol,cant hurt,thats impossible when the AFL and umps decide to go in dry
could show you 20 other examples thruout the round of incidents deserving of 50m,Ryan on Rowell for one
the jig is up on the AFL & theyre wish list for Carlton,last 2 games & 16 x 50m penatlies for,the AFL can GAGF'D

Collingwood
Carlton
I don’t have 3 Brisbane’s last quarter was good though

Luke Parker
Jack Hayes
Nick Martin Nick Daicos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton
Gold Coast
Geelong

Luke Parker
Nick Martin
Changkuoth Jiath (I know bias and all that but that was a terrific game coming off a knee injury with very little preparation)

I did have Collingwood in there but have to begrudingly acknowledge the Cats for their demolition job

could show you 20 other examples thruout the round of incidents deserving of 50m,Ryan on Rowell for one
the jig is up on the AFL & theyre wish list for Carlton,last 2 games & 16 x 50m penatlies for,the AFL can GAGF'D

It was Rioli not Ryan (who wasn't even playing lol), and how could it be 50m when there wasn't a decision to begin with :drunk:

Between Grimes kicking the ball well over the Carltons player head, Graham arguing and fighting, and general undiscipline, the issue is 100% with your players and not the umpires who nailed each 50m by the letter of the law.

Carlton
Gold Coast
Geelong

Luke Parker
Nick Martin
Changkuoth Jiath (I know bias and all that but that was a terrific game coming off a knee injury with very little preparation)

I did have Collingwood in there but have to begrudingly acknowledge the Cats for their demolition job

Nah I think most would have Jiath up there, that's not just bias, he was BOG with * all pre season. That's not bad in anyone's book. He's quickly becoming one of the best readers of the play in the comp.

Individual
1. Sam Docherty - feel good story of the year so far. For obvious reasons. Cool and calm head, not going to be a match winner directly but does so much for his teammates and controlling play.

2. Tom Hawkins - 4.2, 3 goal assists, round leader for score involvements, while being closer to his 34th birthday than his 33rd. Had some good match ups yes but with this form he could be going for a 4th straight AA gig in his 30s

3. Matt Rowell - He's only ever played 5 games fully fit and he's been BOG in 4 of them. . Groin issues stopped the likes of gun senior mids in Yeo, so a teenager was always going to struggle like Rowell did last year. Can't believe Kane Cornes reckons he doesn't have any weapons - and even reckons his kicking doesn't have any penetration or accuracy. His kicking and his confidence in it is unreal when he has time, no inside mid obviously nails kicks while being tackled - but the Suns coast to coast goal yesterday was set up with Rowells vision and kicking penetration and accuracy.

Honorable mentions: Rachele, M.Kennedy, Cripps, Daicos, Lipinski, N.Martin, Stengle, Lewis, Jiath, Petracca, Houston, Parker

Teams:
1. Geelong - too old and too slow, still think they are carrying too many senior players who won't stand up come finals time, but the young kids who did get a game (Stengle, SDK, Close, Holmes) have definitely added a lot to this side. And Dangerfield, Hawkins and Selwood are champions who aren't going to retire wondering what might have been if they just put in a bit more work - they leave everything out there

2. Sydney - GWS aren't to be underestimated, I think the Giants will be a finals side again and Sydney clinically finished them off when needed. They've got extremely underrated young players, even the most punchable head in the comp in Nick Blakey is going to take the next step. They need to take 1 win out of the next 2, as they then will start hot favourites in 5 of the next 6 and be a good chance at a 6-2 start at worse.

3. Struggled for a 3rd as I think all the other teams won games they should but I'll say Carlton. I marked them down because without Prestia the Richmond inside midfield is toothless, whereas Prestia was a one man band early and that was enough to lead. I also don't think Carlton are that young a team, they should be winning these games. However, credit to them anyway for willing their way back into it, and they've certainly got some great additions this year, and Curnow building and Walsh back will only power them on.

lol we also had 6 posters, you're lucky you didnt lose by 8+ goals

Individual performance from a wildly unheralded player, about whom virtually no one is talking: Dylan Moore - 19 disposals, 10 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal and 6 score involvements, from a small forward. Superb.

Suns, Geelong and Sydney impressed.

Individually, Parker, Hayes and Miller/Rowell impressed me the most.

Davies and Riolo from the Sun/Eagles game were also impressive. CJ and Lewis from Hawthorn also had great individual performances and probably kept the Hawks alive

It was Rioli not Ryan (who wasn't even playing lol), and how could it be 50m when there wasn't a decision to begin with :drunk:

Between Grimes kicking the ball well over the Carltons player head, Graham arguing and fighting, and general undiscipline, the issue is 100% with your players and not the umpires who nailed each 50m by the letter of the law.
who GAF who cleaned him up,its 50m everyday of the faaaarkin week....selective memory by the corrupt AFL & theyre stoolies

next thing that will be coming outta the AFL mouth pieces will be 'Oh,i dont recall'
ive gotten used to it anyway,AFL is run along the same lines as the NFL & NBA where game outcomes are decided by the officials for maximum
entertainment and bookies returns,its totally contrived

1. Geelong - it was a demolition right from the start.
2. Sydney - I thought GWS were a class above, but the Swans showed they are a strong, passionate team that can grind through and more than match them.
3. Melbourne - again just far too good for last year's grand finalists.

1. Petracca - best player in the game right now. Unstoppable!
2. Parker - was the difference between winning and losing in the end.
3. Rowell - the kid looks to be back to his best which is exciting to see (honourable mentions to Jiath, Rachele and Cripps)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back