Top 4/Top 8 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon should only lose to Swans and Dogs. I think they will make it. West Coast or Richmond are likely to trip up at lest once against a usual win. But we will see.

Essendon should only lose to Swans and Dogs. I think they will make it. West Coast or Richmond are likely to trip up at lest once against a usual win. But we will see.
Giants game feels like 60:40 their favour?
Also, "Essendon should win" hasn't been a correct thing since the week before the 2001 Grand Final.
Knowing us we will lose to the Giants, then beat the Swans and Doggies and lose the last two to the Gold Coast and Collingwood, putting us to 10th.

Essendon expected to win those games is precisely why we won’t. We are running on fumes currently and no doubt we will drop at least 1 of those game we are expected to win. A lot depends on how we adapt to hub life too

Essendon expected to win those games is precisely why we won’t. We are running on fumes currently and no doubt we will drop at least 1 of those game we are expected to win. A lot depends on how we adapt to hub life too
we could start seeing some return
I would expect Jones is cotton wooled for the year. But we have options there. Bryan/Phillips +Draper could be added height.
Langford & Shiel would be good to get back this week
Add to that, GWS are missing Greene & De Boer, and possibly Kelly and Flynn.

Draper against Mummy is good for us
we've pretty much covered the teams i wanted us to beat now. Another win against the Pies would be good

Swans are in excellent form
Dogs always smash us.
GCS you never know with
GWS, as you say, is 60/40 but with the outs i think that evens up a bit. Esp if we get some back (Langford alone would be handy)

Tipping us for 7th-9th.
Which is nice, given i had us pencilled for 16th.

Essendon don't deserve it, 8th flatters them. Only team to have played 18th and 17th twice. And even then they weren't good enough to win all those games.
Richmond or Giants for me to finish 8th.

On the other hand, if Essendon made it, only to cop another 96 point EF drubbing, I'd take it. A 1 point loss would be even sweeter.

Essendon don't deserve it, 8th flatters them. Only team to have played 18th and 17th twice. And even then they weren't good enough to win all those games.

On the other hand, if Essendon made it, only to cop another 96 point EF drubbing, I'd take it. A 1 point loss would be even sweeter.

Bullshit, leaving Melbourne 12 times means we will absolutely have earned it.

Lmao. We'd have deserved it with our travel schedule. Only two games with home ground advantage and 12 games out of Melbourne.

You're saying GWS deserve it when they lost to Hawthorn and drew with North.

Lmao. We'd have deserved it with our travel schedule. Only two games with home ground advantage and 12 games out of Melbourne.

You're saying GWS deserve it when they lost to Hawthorn and drew with North.
If the Giants get there they will have absolutely deserved it, having had to be away from home and in a hub longer than any other team besides the Swans. As well as their best player not being allowed to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Giants get there they will have absolutely deserved it, having had to be away from home and in a hub longer than any other team besides the Swans. As well as their best player not being allowed to play.

The giants are currently 12th with the hardest remaining schedule of these teams by a mile. Would massively deserve it if they get there but they are absolutely no chance.

Essendon don't deserve it, 8th flatters them.
Well, probably all teams below 6th had some shocking moment putting doubt on them deserving finals. A 5 game winning streak from now could change that perception. But getting in there on the back of winning 3 from know (probably a likely outcome) will put all their finals credits under some doubt.

Poor old Rodney Puller still not over losing 7 grand finals in a row.

If you make it you deserve it, especially in these Covid times.

I think we will Bradbury 8th spot. The Giants should drop their next 2, Essendon also have hard games and look to be slowing down. We prob only need to win 3 of 4, but every game is loseable the way we are playing.

Essendon won’t win another game and my money is on Sydney and the Dogs winning by 80+
We are nowhere near the 8 but it’s not our fault the teams around us are absolutely garbage too

It’s like all the teams competing for 8 are trying to lose.

Some years you can have a team that you feel sorry for because they missed the top 8 but not this year. Likewise at times it has seemed like no one wants a top four spot either.

I don't think we'll make the 8 this season. 2021 is when Geelong fall off the cliff. Too many aging stars and it's a long season compared to last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back