List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going around in circles.
I don't give a **** about American sports.
There are many elements to what decision Cox makes. The politics of players moving clubs is one of those, who Cox is as a person is another, got any evidence to back up this 99 per cent no loyalty claim or did you pluck it from your arse mouth?
Where did you pluck your claim from that there's a secret society of loyalist athletes in the American system?

What I can't get my head around was your demand to me to learn the difference between politics or culture. Don't care what your educational background is or if you put your hands in pipes t collect s**t for a living. That comment shows how ignorant you are.
Move on with your life. If you can't understand how sporting culture and politics can be separated it's not my problem.
****** if I know if Cox stays or goes but it's not going to be based soley on the decision of the American sports system, rather his new mates, the city he has settled in, his prospects with his career as en engineer.

Now I did read he was set up with a job paying big dollars but I could be wrong. Smart people like Cox, and Clement retire early. It's the people with little prospects after footy such as Martin who try and get the mo$t out of their sporting career. That has a greater baring then whatever passport they hold.
If you reckon Cox won't squeeze as much cash as he can out of his limited time in the sport because he can earn a good (but substantially lower) salary as an engineer then more power to you. Fwiw, Clement didn't retire early because of his earning prospects outside footy though. He's a poor example to use, and there are plenty of smart blokes who have played until the bitter end rather than retiring early.

Where did you pluck your claim from that there's a secret society of loyalist athletes in the American system?

WTF are you on about now? There's all sorts of eggs in the US just like Aus. Who would have thought that Tarrant would come back to Collingwood to play for pea-nuts? Again, loyalty and mercenaries is not exclusive to the passport you hold. Surely even you could understand that.

Move on with your life. If you can't understand how sporting culture and politics can be separated it's not my problem.

The politics of a sporting organization will inevitably define it's culture. I won't get over that comment, it made me laugh so hard I had to put it in my sig.

If you reckon Cox won't squeeze as much cash as he can out of his limited time in the sport because he can earn a good (but substantially lower) salary as an engineer then more power to you. Fwiw, Clement didn't retire early because of his earning prospects outside footy though. He's a poor example to use, and there are plenty of smart blokes who have played until the bitter end rather than retiring early.

Clement is a great example. Retired early to pursue business interests. Or what about Tom Swift who retired at 21 to fulfill a life in medicine.
And it's not all about money. I know of people who have accepted lesser contract offers in their chosen field based on moral dilemmas of said company.
And on another token, is Cox happy playing in Melbourne, going by your figures which would almost certainly be wrong, say $350k pa, when he can live a pretty good life in the US on say 200kpa under far less stress and be with family/friends etc.

He might get a nice contract elsewhere, but he'll have to leave his comfort zone, his mates, maybe pack up and move to another city in Aus. He's still no guarantee to make it in the AFL. Is it all worth it? Even if he gets a better contract then what he might get as an engineer, and he will rise up in that field and earn bigger dollars for decades, he'll burn out in the AFL in a few years, and would that be all worth it?

You see, there's not as great an opportunity cost in the long term for Cox if he does show loyalty, then say Martin, who appears to have very few prospects after footy.

Basically your argument is that Cox is American, he comes from a mercantile sporting culture so will chase the bigger dollars and show no loyalty.

You also *laughs* are still shouting at me to understand the difference between Politics and Culture.

Last edited:

WTF are you on about now? There's all sorts of eggs in the US just like Aus. Who would have thought that Tarrant would come back to Collingwood to play for pea-nuts? Again, loyalty and mercenaries is not exclusive to the passport you hold. Surely even you could understand that.

The politics of a sporting organization will inevitably define it's culture. I won't get over that comment, it made me laugh so hard I had to put it in my sig.

Clement is a great example. Retired early to pursue business interests.
And it's not all about money. I know of people who have accepted lesser contract offers in their chosen field based on moral dilemmas of said company.
And on another token, is Cox happy playing in Melbourne, going by your figures which would almost certainly be wrong, say $350k pa, when he can live a pretty good life in the US on say 200kpa under far less stress and be with family/friends etc.

He might get a nice contract elsewhere, but he'll have to leave his comfort zone, his mates, maybe pack up and move to another city in Aus. He's still no guarantee to make it in the AFL. Is it all worth it? Even if he gets a better contract then what he might get as an engineer, and he will rise up in that field and earn bigger dollars for decades, he'll burn out in the AFL in a few years, and would that be all worth it?

You see, there's not as great an opportunity cost in the long term for Cox if he does show loyalty, then say Martin, who appears to have very few prospects after footy.

You seem to be using the 'Maybe try and learn the difference between politics and culture' as an insult, but I'm not sure where the insult is. I mean, politics and culture aren't the same thing, are they?

You seem to be using the 'Maybe try and learn the difference between politics and culture' as an insult, but I'm not sure where the insult is. I mean, politics and culture aren't the same thing, are they?

They aren't but in the context of what we are arguing about, you really can't have one without the other.

For instance, American sports are somewhat mercantile - that is the politics and culture of American sport.

One shapes the other and visa vie.

The politics of your workplace is that there's a lot of petty squabbling. That's also the culture of your workplace.

If your talking about policy then yes they become separate entities.

In it's simplest terms culture is a way of life; and it's greatly influenced by politicians, political systems and local councils we live under. Football clubs, sporting competitions, workplaces are no different.

Last edited:
I feel like this thread has gone a bit off track...

Well yes and no. One view was that culture could be traded for politics, and the other view seems to be that they are both necessary components to the broader plan, similar to an inside and outside midfield combination.

Yeah, yeah I suppose it has gone off track.

I reckon we should try and keep Cox, for what it's worth, and I think that his personal affinity with the club (isn't he friends with Darcy and the broader Moore family?) might play a role in his decision-making.

Like Ball is pretty smart isn't he?

And he wanted to keep going till he was tapped on the shoulder.

Last edited:
Never said anything about his passport. Talking about the prevailing culture in sports where he comes from.

Just as there's still an inherent loyalty from athletes in Australia, there's the opposite in the US. A few years in Australia is unlikely to change the view he's likely developed growing up following US sports.

How sad that you felt the need to make your idiocy prevalent in all your posts.

Clement is a great example. Retired early to pursue business interests. Or what about Tom Swift who retired at 21 to fulfill a life in medicine.
You should probably check in the actual reason Clement retired early rather than just claiming he did so to pursue business interests.
We're talking about Tom Swift, the fringe player on minimum chips who retired early because he realized that he was never going to make big $$$ and was better off becoming a doctor? Good example :drunk:
I look forward to Mason signing on unders for moral reasons.

You reckon that working full time as an engineer is less stressful that playing sports for a living? Hah! And the family/friends bit is largely moot. He's been away from his family since he left high school. Given he's well on the way to becoming an Australian citizen I'd say it's not bothering him much.
He might get a nice contract elsewhere, but he'll have to leave his comfort zone, his mates, maybe pack up and move to another city in Aus. He's still no guarantee to make it in the AFL.
His offers are from Richmond and Hawthorn. He won't have to leave anything behind, the only thing he'll need to do is make friends with some new team mates. I'm sure going outside his comfort zone won't be an issue given he was willing to pack up and move over the other side of the planet to make a career out of a game he'd never played before.
Is it all worth it? Even if he gets a better contract then what he might get as an engineer, and he will rise up in that field and earn bigger dollars for decades, he'll burn out in the AFL in a few years, and would that be all worth it?
What are you even talking about? Earning as much as he can from footy won't stop him from making money as an engineer after he retires. What a bizarre argument.
If you think that potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars over a few years is insignificant because he can earn good money outside footy you're even crazier than I thought.
Basically your argument is that Cox is American, he comes from a mercantile sporting culture so will chase the bigger dollars and show no loyalty.
I'm saying that is the liklihood, given his background and what I've heard of him from others .
You also *laughs* are still shouting at me to understand the difference between Politics and Culture.
I don't believe I've shouted anything, just expressed an amusement that you can't seem to separate the two.

Shhh. Apparently they're the same thing because one can influence the other....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you two **** off?

Two seriously annoying posters these days.

Yeah sorry dewd I'm going to try and not get sucked in to petty squabbling with the narcissists on here and just talk footy.

I <3 you too sweetie. Xxx

You are an absolute peanut. I'm done with this discussion.

FWIW, I hope Cox stays.

This is from the Subscriber Section of today's Herald Sun. I have copied it for those who do not have access

WITH the home-and-away season in its final round clubs now have an indication of the selections it will hold at this year’s AFL draft. So what better time to take a look at the top 30 players in this year’s pool from former Hawthorn recruiter Gary Buckenara. Buckenara has tracked these players and their improvements as draft time approaches, including at the U18 championships.

READ GARY BUCKENARA’S TOP 30 DRAFT PROSPECTS BELOW
1. DARCY FOGARTY
Half-forward/midfielder, 192cm, 92kg, Glenelg/South Australia
Buckenara says:
Darcy has been restricted by some injury problems this year and he just couldn’t get going in the U18 championships for South Australia. He was used in different roles during the championships and we saw a glimpse of his talent when he was played in defence in the final clash against Vic Country. Fogarty is a tough, physical and imposing type when up and going. He’s a great mark and a damaging kick and is big enough to play as a leading target in attack and I believe he has a huge upside and for a club in need of a future third tall forward or possibly a defender. I’ve got him rated as No.1 because he’s so flexible in that he can play forward but also play a role down back, similar to what Jack Gunston has done in the second half of this season. I don’t think he’ll go No.1 but I would put him there because I think he’s a class player and will be a star.
Plays like: Stronger Jack Gunston and Jake Stringer
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Fremantle/ All clubs would be interested

2. CAMERON RAYNER
Half-forward/midfielder, 187cm, 88kg, Western Jets/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
The powerful midfielder/half-forward reminds me of watching a young Dustin Martin. Rayner ticks a lot of boxes — he’s a long and penetrating kick on both feet, has a leap to take grabs in the air, is dangerous in attack, quick off the mark and at U18 level he is strong at stoppages. He showed all of those traits and more through the national carnival, having a brilliant few weeks for Vic Metro and his dominant five-goal haul against South Australia in Round 4 showcased his ability inside 50, while his 23-disposal and six-clearance effort against WA highlighted his midfield capacity. There’s a lot to like about Rayner and I am sure as he gets used to playing against the bigger and stronger bodies at AFL level he could become an elite player.
Plays like: Dustin Martin
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Hawthorn, Gold Coast/ All clubs would be interested

3. LUKE DAVIES-UNIACKE
Midfielder, 187cm, 85kg, Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
Luke is a tough, composed and hard-working midfielder and he was outstanding when he steered Vic Country to a win over the Allies with 34 disposals and 10 marks during the championships. Despite not having quite the same impact thereafter, recruiters are well aware of his talents. Davies-Uniacke is the right size for a modern midfielder and I really like that he’s so competitive, a good kick and has a turn of speed — his breakaway goal from a centre clearance against Vic Metro in Round 3 of the carnival showed everyone his talent. He is a prospect I can see playing some AFL football in 2018 and with luck, I’m sure he will have a good career.
Plays like: Modern-day tall midfielder similar to Nat Fyfe
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Gold Coast/All clubs would be interested

4. JACK HIGGINS
Small forward/midfielder, 178cm, 76kg, Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Higgins showed he is a ‘real footballer’ during the carnival and across the TAC Cup year. He is a determined, dedicated and professional and his game against Western Australia, where he finished with 30 disposals (including 22 in the first half), seven clearances and two goals demonstrated he is more than just a clever and dangerous small forward — he can also go into the midfield and be damaging because he’s such a tenacious player. Higgins is a very clever kick on both feet, has adequate speed, uses his body well in marking contests and loves a goal. Pound for pound there aren’t too many better players in this draft — something good usually happens when he has the ball.
Plays like: Jeff Garlett, Liam Picken
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Fremantle, West Coast, Geelong

5. SAM HAYES
Ruckman/key forward, 203cm, 93kg, Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
The Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro big man is one of the best ruck/forwards in this year’s crop. Sam didn’t have the greatest carnival but his clever tap work was on display and he has proven at under-18 level this season he is more than a ruckman. Hayes can push forward and kick goals — he booted six for the Ranges in one game playing as a permanent forward. He does need to improve his fitness but has plenty of upside and these types of players are so hard to find so a club won’t have any hesitation in pouncing on him with an early pick because his values will be huge.
Plays like: David Hale, Max Gawn
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Gold Coast, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong/All clubs would be interested

6. ADAM CERRA
Midfielder, 186cm, 85kg, Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Cerra didn’t dominate at this year’s U18 carnival but he is a midfielder that is classy by foot, has a big engine, makes good decisions with ball in hand and wins the ball at stoppages. He also doesn’t appear panicked when under pressure, which is an important trait AFL clubs are looking for in players. A knee injury limited Cerra last season but he has had a year of consistent performances in 2017, which makes him one of the leading midfielders up for grabs in this year’s draft. He is a powerful player.
Plays like: Patrick Dangerfield
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Gold Coast, Fremantle, Essendon/All clubs would be interested

7. PATRICK NAISH (Father-son opportunity for Richmond)
Midfielder, 183cm, 73kg, Northern Knights/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Naish gives the top end of the draft some genuine pace and he loves to tuck the ball under his arm and take them on and with his penetrating right-foot kicking, is a combination that will be attractive to all clubs. The Richmond father-son prospect (his dad Chris Naish played 143 games for the Tigers) would be a great fit for them and when a quality father-son pick comes along it is dangerous to overlook them, especially if they end up at another club and become a star. A first-round bid will come for Naish and I have no doubt Richmond will match it. He has really developed and impressed this year.
Plays like: Jordan De Goey
Clubs suited: Richmond — the Tigers won’t let another club draft him

8. JARROD BRANDER
Key defender/key forward, 194cm, 89kg, Bendigo Pioneers/Allies
Buckenara says:
The 194cm Brander appears better placed as a key forward than a key defender at this stage despite spending most of his carnival down back with the Allies. But when he was moved forward in the final game he really stood out, playing an outstanding game in which he kicked three goals from 16 disposals and nine marks. He is one of the leading taller types in the 2017 draft — he has been a bit inconsistent so far this year but as I often say, potential key position players are always harder to find so clubs must take him when they’re available. Brander is a good mark, a long right-foot kick and is capable of influencing a game at either end of the ground.
Plays like: Josh Bruce
Clubs suited: Collingwood, North Melbourne, Carlton, Fremantle/All clubs would be interested

9. LOCHIE O’BRIEN
Midfielder, 184cm, 75kg, Bendigo Pioneers/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
O’Brien is an elite runner and brilliant kick and as a rebound defender or outside midfielder he is a potentially very damaging player of the future. He sets up the play and makes things happen because he breaks the lines and isn’t afraid of taking on the opposition. A knee injury ruled him out of the Vic Country’s first game but he impressed after that, showing his ball-winning ability, particularly against Western Australia.
Plays like: Isaac Smith
Clubs suited: St Kilda, North Melbourne, Brisbane, Carlton, Fremantle, Collingwood, Essendon/All clubs would be interested

10. JAIDYN STEPHENSON
Half forward, 189cm, 76kg, Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
A high half forward, Stephenson has been around the TAC Cup scene with the Eastern Ranges for three seasons now. He impressed during the U18 carnival, with five goals from 28 disposals against South Australia his best outing when he played on the wing and was able to find space, link up with teammates and most importantly, hit the scoreboard. Stephenson is wiry but is a very good mark because he has a big leap but he’s also dangerous when the ball hits the ground. He also has the ability to manufacture something from nothing. He would be an ideal high half forward that could also push into the midfield.
Plays like: Jack Riewoldt
Clubs suited: Collingwood, Fremantle, Carlton, St Kilda, Sydney, Port Adelaide/All clubs would be interested

11. NICK COFFIELD
Midfielder/half back, 190cm, 83kg, Northern Knights/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Coffield’s combination of speed and size makes him a very attractive player. The Northern Knights captain has played his best football across half back this year but he can also move into the midfield and push forward to kick a goal, which he did for Vic Metro against Western Australia in Round 2 of the national carnival. He is quick and agile and was one of the best afield in Metro’s final game when he had 29 disposals and seven marks against the Allies.
Plays like: Grant Birchall
Clubs suited: North Melbourne, Hawthorn, Fremantle, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane/ All clubs would be interested

12. AARON NAUGHTON
Key defender, 194cm, 84kg, Peel Thunder/Western Australia
Buckenara says:
Naughton had a really good carnival as he led Western Australia’s defence through and more than that, he was one of their most reliable players. Most impressively he was able to shut down his opponents as a genuine key position defender, while also offering serviceable rebound. The 194cm prospect will have plenty of admirers because his ability to read the play is outstanding and can be the type of player to back himself and take marks from opposition kicks.
Plays like: Steven May/Brian Lake
Clubs suited: Collingwood, North Melbourne, Fremantle, West Coast, Brisbane, Sydney/All clubs would be interested

13. CHARLIE CONSTABLE
Midfielder, 190cm, 83kg, Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
At 190cm Constable is the modern-day midfield prototype. His height gives him an advantage over other players and he uses that to his advantage with his marking around the ground. He also uses his size well at stoppages and is generally a smart footballer who reads the game well. Constable missed Vic Metro selection in its first game of the carnival but he featured prominently in its final three games.
Plays like: Nat Fyfe
Clubs suited: Carlton, Brisbane, North Melbourne, Essendon, St Kilda, Port Adelaide, Richmond, Fremantle/All clubs would be interested

14. LACHLAN FOGARTY
Midfielder, 179cm, 75kg, Western Jets/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
An injury delayed Fogarty’s start to the championships but when he returned with 23 disposals, 12 tackles and two goals against Vic Country in round three it was a quick reminder of his talent. Fogarty is a good kick, is extremely hard working and keeps himself involved in the game with his tackling and work ethic. No relation to Darcy Fogarty.
Plays like: Kieren Jack
Clubs suited: Gold Coast, West Coast, Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne/All clubs would be interested

15. PADDY DOW
Midfielder, 184cm, 78kg, Bendigo Pioneers/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
Dow has plenty of natural talent with a genuine turn of speed and good goal sense but he combines that with a strong work ethic. He’s a midfielder with lots of attributes and he had a reasonably consistent carnival for Vic Country without being brilliant. He has a bit of x-factor and is a player to keep an eye on.
Clubs suited: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Collingwood, Gold Coast/All clubs would be interested

16. HUNTER CLARK
Half back/midfielder, 186cm, 79kg, Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
From the Dandenong Stingrays, Clark is a very fierce competitor and while he can go unnoticed at times, he is prepared to put his body on the line for the good of his team. After playing as a half back in recent seasons, Clark has spent more time through the midfield this season and shown he can win the ball and get it going his side’s way. Clark can kick on both feet and is also a fierce tackler. I am sure he is the type of player that all coaches would love and one thing is for certain, he will definitely make the best of any opportunity given to him to play at the AFL level.
Plays like: Jarryn Geary
Clubs suited: West Coast, Sydney, Gold Coast, Essendon, North Melbourne, Melbourne, Carlton, St Kilda/All clubs would be interested

17. NOAH BALTA
Key defender, 194cm, 92kg, Calder Cannons/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Balta is an exciting prospect at this stage of his development because he can come in and show something that really catches the eye, whether it be a booming long kick, an athletic grab or some nice movement for a player his size. He doesn’t have the consistency yet but there’s huge upside there to work with for a club willing to develop him and be patient. He can play as a key defender but as a bit of a project player, who knows where he might end up because he is so raw but I’m sure clubs will see his potential.
Plays like: Alex Rance or a more athletic Brian Lake
Clubs suited: Collingwood, Fremantle, West Coast, Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne, Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong/All clubs would be interested

18. JOEL GARNER
Half back/midfielder, 183cm, 81kg, Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
From the Eastern Ranges, Garner is a nice left-footer who enjoyed an excellent carnival where he played the best football of his season so far. Settling into a position across half back, the Vic Metro captain was a general in defence and he competed well in the air and gave good rebound with his precise skills. I think he is one of the safer picks in this draft and although others have more potential to be elite players, I think with some luck, Garner will have a long AFL career. While he might not be a top five player on a list, he will definitely be a best 22 player — one of the first picked every week — who plays his role consistently week in, week out. All clubs need those dependable types.
Clubs suited: Western Bulldogs, Brisbane, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Carlton

19. CONNOR BALLANDEN
Key forward/ruckman, 199cm, 95kg, Brisbane Lions Academy/Allies
Buckenara says:
A Brisbane Lions Academy prospect, Ballanden can play both up forward and in the ruck. He has a lot going for him — he’s a terrific long and accurate kick and is a very good contested mark. At 95kgs he has a strong body already and could play senior footy next year. I’m sure the Lions will match any bid that comes for Ballanden and add to their already impressive young key position stocks. He’ll be too hard to ignore.
Plays like: Tom Boyd
Clubs suited: Brisbane Lions

20. ANDREW BRAYSHAW
Midfielder, 183cm, 80kg, Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
The younger brother of Melbourne midfielder Angus Brayshaw, Andrew is almost a clone as he looks and plays exactly like his brother. Brayshaw has great balance, runs hard and is a smart footballer who rarely makes poor decisions with ball in hand. He missed the early part of the U18 championships with an injury but returned with 20 disposals through the midfield for Vic Metro in its win over South Australia.
Plays like: Angus Brayshaw
Clubs suited: Carlton, North Melbourne, West Coast, Melbourne, Adelaide, Essendon

21. OSCAR ALLEN
Key forward, 191cm, 83kg, West Perth/Western Australia
Buckenara says:
Allen was one of the most consistent players of the championships, which saw him win the Larke Medal as the best player after booting 11 goals in four games. He’s a nice kick for goal, has a good pair of hands and makes the most of his chances. He’s a good size and appears suited to the modern half forward role because he has a big engine and can run all day. I expect he’ll be a standout at the draft combine.
Plays like: Jake Stringer and Jack Darling
Clubs suited: Collingwood, Richmond, Fremantle, North Melbourne, West Coast, Port Adelaide, Gold Coast/All clubs would be interested

22. JAMES WORPEL
Midfielder, 185cm, 84kg, Geelong Falcons/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
All year Worpel has been a very good player and got better and better with every game he’s played. He is a very competitive player and recruiters will love his hardness and work ethic. He has good pace, wins the ball both on the inside and outside and uses it OK by foot. I feel his ranking has risen in recent weeks. Looks a nice prospect.
Plays like: Joel Selwood
Clubs suited: Essendon, Geelong, Gold Coast, West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton

23. HARRISON PETTY
Key Defender, 194cm, 82kg, Norwood/South Australia
Buckenara says:
Petty is a bit of a smoky but at 194cm he will end up being a key position player and clubs looking to bolster their stocks will definitely look at him. He reads the ball really well in flight and has good game sense and positioning as a defender. Don’t be surprised if a club in desperate need of key position players takes him earlier.
Plays like: Reads the play like Brian Lake and Jeremy McGovern
Clubs suited: Collingwood, Fremantle, North Melbourne, Sydney, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs/All clubs will be interested

24. GRYAN MIERS
Small forward/midfielder, 178cm, 72kg, Geelong Falcons/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
Miles is just a real footballer in that he’s a smart opportunist that works hard and has some genuine speed to be a dangerous small forward that pressures the defence to lock in the ball. He also has scope to play midfield and because of his footy smarts, clubs will like the ball in his hands. Forward pressure is critical in the modern game and any club looking for a clever small forward will spend plenty of time looking at Miles.
Plays like: Luke Dahlhaus
Clubs suited: Brisbane, West Coast, North Melbourne, Fremantle, Geelong

25. JACKSON EDWARDS (father-son opportunity for Adelaide)
Midfielder, 185cm, 77kg, Glenelg/South Australia
Buckenara says:
The son of Adelaide champion Tyson Edwards, I expect Jackson will become the Crows’ second ever father-son selection after Ben Jarman was recruited to the club as a rookie last year. He players differently to his father, however, despite also being a midfielder. He has good skills and he makes good decisions because he is composed with the footy in hand. The Crows won’t let him slip through their fingers. He has really come on this year.
Clubs suited: Adelaide

26. TOM DE KONING
Key forward/ruckman, 200cm, 93kg, Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
De Koning is a genuine key position forward/ruckman. While he still has a lot to learn and is a bit inconsistent at the moment, his potential won’t be lost on clubs looking to bank this type of player for the future. At 200cm he is a beautiful left foot kick and should develop into a powerful tall forward that can help out in the ruck. Has a bit of x-factor about him.
Plays like: Hamish McIntosh
Clubs suited: Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn, Fremantle, Essendon/All clubs will be interested

27. MATTHEW LING
Midfielder, 182cm, 74kg, Geelong Falcons/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
Ling is a quick outside midfielder who likes to take on his opponents when he gets the ball and while that can get him into trouble at times, clubs will love that run and carry creative side. His pace really makes him stand out and despite being a flashy type, he has been a consistent contributor for the Falcons this year. I think he has AFL traits — good kicking, decision-making and line-breaking ability — that once harnessed and developed, he could become a damaging player.
Plays like: James Parsons
Clubs suited: Geelong, Melbourne, St Kilda, Carlton, GWS, Sydney, North Melbourne

28. CALLUM COLEMAN-JONES
Ruckman/key forward, 201cm, 98kg, Sturt/South Australia
Buckenara says:
Another ruck/key forward prospect in this year’s pool, clubs needing that type of player will look closely at Coleman-Jones. He is a good mark and has showed he can clunk it in contested situations, which is pivotal for a player of his size and has worked hard on his kicking. He played a great game during the U18’s carnival when he gathered 28 disposals and had 15 hit-outs that had a huge impact for South Australia against the Allies in Round 2. Will he be a ruckman at AFL level or more of a key forward? My gut feel is key forward who can go into the ruck once he improves his endurance.
Plays like: A taller Toby Nankervis
Clubs suited: Hawthorn, GWS, North Melbourne, Collingwood, Richmond, Geelong, Adelaide, Gold Coast/All clubs will be interested

29. JACK PETRUCCELLE
Half back/half forward, 184cm, 73kg, Northern Knights/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Petruccelle is one of the most exciting prospects in this draft because of his potential. A former basketballer who took up footy in his mid-teens, he is a bit raw at the moment in terms of his footy knowledge but has some special traits clubs will love. He runs 20 metres over 2.82 seconds and that speed, plus his athleticism is certain to see him be the star of the draft combine. Petruccelle loves to take the game on from half back and half forward when he plays there — he tries to make things happen and can do that because he’s powerful and has great breakaway speed. He needs to find more of the football, tidy up his kicking and get more involved in games consistently because there are times he struggles to get into the action, which was the case during the championships. But when he kicked five goals for the Knights earlier this year, that showed exactly what he’s capable of with development in an AFL system. There is big upside.
Plays like: Nakia Cockatoo
Clubs suited: All clubs

30. BRENT DANIELS
Small forward, 173cm, 70kg, Bendigo Pioneers/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
Daniels is a very exciting and clever small forward that causes the opposition headaches with his football smarts and goal sense. He also puts a lot of pressure on the opposition by getting in their space. While he is very small at 173cm, I’m sure there is a niche for players of this size and ability because he is a natural footballer who has a lot to offer.
Plays like: Caleb Daniel and Hayden Ballantyne
Clubs suited: Brisbane, West Coast, Carlton, North Melbourne, Fremantle, Geelong

Clement retired early because his wife had significant health issues and he could better support her with a more traditional 9-5 type job and back in WA.

Tom Swift retired? I thought he was found wanting and delisted.

It was reported at the time that he had a substantial offer from Exxon Mobil to work for them, so it's likely that he would have bypassed the internship system, but the reports in the paper would have been comparing his likely engineering wage to a base rookie contract, which is not what we actually gave him. It's incredibly fanciful for old mate to be saying that an experienced engineer would be earning $250k+ , let alone a graduate.

I do actually know quite a few engineers who are on $250k+

Last LIVE Pick
We could have continued beyond pick 55 if we chose...however we declined.
My point was that we could have secured Daicos with a later pick or even rookie perhaps.
Obviously the club didn't rate other players remaining in the draft, so decided to close up shop with the Daicos selection.

This is from the Subscriber Section of today's Herald Sun. I have copied it for those who do not have access

WITH the home-and-away season in its final round clubs now have an indication of the selections it will hold at this year’s AFL draft. So what better time to take a look at the top 30 players in this year’s pool from former Hawthorn recruiter Gary Buckenara. Buckenara has tracked these players and their improvements as draft time approaches, including at the U18 championships.

READ GARY BUCKENARA’S TOP 30 DRAFT PROSPECTS BELOW
1. DARCY FOGARTY
Half-forward/midfielder, 192cm, 92kg, Glenelg/South Australia
Buckenara says:
Darcy has been restricted by some injury problems this year and he just couldn’t get going in the U18 championships for South Australia. He was used in different roles during the championships and we saw a glimpse of his talent when he was played in defence in the final clash against Vic Country. Fogarty is a tough, physical and imposing type when up and going. He’s a great mark and a damaging kick and is big enough to play as a leading target in attack and I believe he has a huge upside and for a club in need of a future third tall forward or possibly a defender. I’ve got him rated as No.1 because he’s so flexible in that he can play forward but also play a role down back, similar to what Jack Gunston has done in the second half of this season. I don’t think he’ll go No.1 but I would put him there because I think he’s a class player and will be a star.
Plays like: Stronger Jack Gunston and Jake Stringer
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Fremantle/ All clubs would be interested

2. CAMERON RAYNER
Half-forward/midfielder, 187cm, 88kg, Western Jets/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
The powerful midfielder/half-forward reminds me of watching a young Dustin Martin. Rayner ticks a lot of boxes — he’s a long and penetrating kick on both feet, has a leap to take grabs in the air, is dangerous in attack, quick off the mark and at U18 level he is strong at stoppages. He showed all of those traits and more through the national carnival, having a brilliant few weeks for Vic Metro and his dominant five-goal haul against South Australia in Round 4 showcased his ability inside 50, while his 23-disposal and six-clearance effort against WA highlighted his midfield capacity. There’s a lot to like about Rayner and I am sure as he gets used to playing against the bigger and stronger bodies at AFL level he could become an elite player.
Plays like: Dustin Martin
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Hawthorn, Gold Coast/ All clubs would be interested

3. LUKE DAVIES-UNIACKE
Midfielder, 187cm, 85kg, Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
Luke is a tough, composed and hard-working midfielder and he was outstanding when he steered Vic Country to a win over the Allies with 34 disposals and 10 marks during the championships. Despite not having quite the same impact thereafter, recruiters are well aware of his talents. Davies-Uniacke is the right size for a modern midfielder and I really like that he’s so competitive, a good kick and has a turn of speed — his breakaway goal from a centre clearance against Vic Metro in Round 3 of the carnival showed everyone his talent. He is a prospect I can see playing some AFL football in 2018 and with luck, I’m sure he will have a good career.
Plays like: Modern-day tall midfielder similar to Nat Fyfe
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Gold Coast/All clubs would be interested

4. JACK HIGGINS
Small forward/midfielder, 178cm, 76kg, Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Higgins showed he is a ‘real footballer’ during the carnival and across the TAC Cup year. He is a determined, dedicated and professional and his game against Western Australia, where he finished with 30 disposals (including 22 in the first half), seven clearances and two goals demonstrated he is more than just a clever and dangerous small forward — he can also go into the midfield and be damaging because he’s such a tenacious player. Higgins is a very clever kick on both feet, has adequate speed, uses his body well in marking contests and loves a goal. Pound for pound there aren’t too many better players in this draft — something good usually happens when he has the ball.
Plays like: Jeff Garlett, Liam Picken
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Fremantle, West Coast, Geelong

5. SAM HAYES
Ruckman/key forward, 203cm, 93kg, Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
The Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro big man is one of the best ruck/forwards in this year’s crop. Sam didn’t have the greatest carnival but his clever tap work was on display and he has proven at under-18 level this season he is more than a ruckman. Hayes can push forward and kick goals — he booted six for the Ranges in one game playing as a permanent forward. He does need to improve his fitness but has plenty of upside and these types of players are so hard to find so a club won’t have any hesitation in pouncing on him with an early pick because his values will be huge.
Plays like: David Hale, Max Gawn
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Gold Coast, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong/All clubs would be interested

6. ADAM CERRA
Midfielder, 186cm, 85kg, Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Cerra didn’t dominate at this year’s U18 carnival but he is a midfielder that is classy by foot, has a big engine, makes good decisions with ball in hand and wins the ball at stoppages. He also doesn’t appear panicked when under pressure, which is an important trait AFL clubs are looking for in players. A knee injury limited Cerra last season but he has had a year of consistent performances in 2017, which makes him one of the leading midfielders up for grabs in this year’s draft. He is a powerful player.
Clubs suited: Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne, Gold Coast, Fremantle, Essendon/All clubs would be interested

7. PATRICK NAISH (Father-son opportunity for Richmond)
Midfielder, 183cm, 73kg, Northern Knights/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Naish gives the top end of the draft some genuine pace and he loves to tuck the ball under his arm and take them on and with his penetrating right-foot kicking, is a combination that will be attractive to all clubs. The Richmond father-son prospect (his dad Chris Naish played 143 games for the Tigers) would be a great fit for them and when a quality father-son pick comes along it is dangerous to overlook them, especially if they end up at another club and become a star. A first-round bid will come for Naish and I have no doubt Richmond will match it. He has really developed and impressed this year.
Clubs suited: Richmond — the Tigers won’t let another club draft him

8. JARROD BRANDER
Key defender/key forward, 194cm, 89kg, Bendigo Pioneers/Allies
Buckenara says:
The 194cm Brander appears better placed as a key forward than a key defender at this stage despite spending most of his carnival down back with the Allies. But when he was moved forward in the final game he really stood out, playing an outstanding game in which he kicked three goals from 16 disposals and nine marks. He is one of the leading taller types in the 2017 draft — he has been a bit inconsistent so far this year but as I often say, potential key position players are always harder to find so clubs must take him when they’re available. Brander is a good mark, a long right-foot kick and is capable of influencing a game at either end of the ground.
Plays like: Josh Bruce
Clubs suited: Collingwood, North Melbourne, Carlton, Fremantle/All clubs would be interested

9. LOCHIE O’BRIEN
Midfielder, 184cm, 75kg, Bendigo Pioneers/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
O’Brien is an elite runner and brilliant kick and as a rebound defender or outside midfielder he is a potentially very damaging player of the future. He sets up the play and makes things happen because he breaks the lines and isn’t afraid of taking on the opposition. A knee injury ruled him out of the Vic Country’s first game but he impressed after that, showing his ball-winning ability, particularly against Western Australia.
Plays like: Isaac Smith
Clubs suited: St Kilda, North Melbourne, Brisbane, Carlton, Fremantle, Collingwood, Essendon/All clubs would be interested

10. JAIDYN STEPHENSON
Half forward, 189cm, 76kg, Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
A high half forward, Stephenson has been around the TAC Cup scene with the Eastern Ranges for three seasons now. He impressed during the U18 carnival, with five goals from 28 disposals against South Australia his best outing when he played on the wing and was able to find space, link up with teammates and most importantly, hit the scoreboard. Stephenson is wiry but is a very good mark because he has a big leap but he’s also dangerous when the ball hits the ground. He also has the ability to manufacture something from nothing. He would be an ideal high half forward that could also push into the midfield.
Plays like: Jack Riewoldt
Clubs suited: Collingwood, Fremantle, Carlton, St Kilda, Sydney, Port Adelaide/All clubs would be interested

11. NICK COFFIELD
Midfielder/half back, 190cm, 83kg, Northern Knights/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Coffield’s combination of speed and size makes him a very attractive player. The Northern Knights captain has played his best football across half back this year but he can also move into the midfield and push forward to kick a goal, which he did for Vic Metro against Western Australia in Round 2 of the national carnival. He is quick and agile and was one of the best afield in Metro’s final game when he had 29 disposals and seven marks against the Allies.
Clubs suited: North Melbourne, Hawthorn, Fremantle, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane/ All clubs would be interested

12. AARON NAUGHTON
Key defender, 194cm, 84kg, Peel Thunder/Western Australia
Buckenara says:
Naughton had a really good carnival as he led Western Australia’s defence through and more than that, he was one of their most reliable players. Most impressively he was able to shut down his opponents as a genuine key position defender, while also offering serviceable rebound. The 194cm prospect will have plenty of admirers because his ability to read the play is outstanding and can be the type of player to back himself and take marks from opposition kicks.
Plays like: Steven May/Brian Lake
Clubs suited: Collingwood, North Melbourne, Fremantle, West Coast, Brisbane, Sydney/All clubs would be interested

13. CHARLIE CONSTABLE
Midfielder, 190cm, 83kg, Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
At 190cm Constable is the modern-day midfield prototype. His height gives him an advantage over other players and he uses that to his advantage with his marking around the ground. He also uses his size well at stoppages and is generally a smart footballer who reads the game well. Constable missed Vic Metro selection in its first game of the carnival but he featured prominently in its final three games.
Plays like: Nat Fyfe
Clubs suited: Carlton, Brisbane, North Melbourne, Essendon, St Kilda, Port Adelaide, Richmond, Fremantle/All clubs would be interested

14. LACHLAN FOGARTY
Midfielder, 179cm, 75kg, Western Jets/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
An injury delayed Fogarty’s start to the championships but when he returned with 23 disposals, 12 tackles and two goals against Vic Country in round three it was a quick reminder of his talent. Fogarty is a good kick, is extremely hard working and keeps himself involved in the game with his tackling and work ethic. No relation to Darcy Fogarty.
Plays like: Kieren Jack
Clubs suited: Gold Coast, West Coast, Brisbane, Carlton, North Melbourne/All clubs would be interested

15. PADDY DOW
Midfielder, 184cm, 78kg, Bendigo Pioneers/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
Dow has plenty of natural talent with a genuine turn of speed and good goal sense but he combines that with a strong work ethic. He’s a midfielder with lots of attributes and he had a reasonably consistent carnival for Vic Country without being brilliant. He has a bit of x-factor and is a player to keep an eye on.
Clubs suited: Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Collingwood, Gold Coast/All clubs would be interested

16. HUNTER CLARK
Half back/midfielder, 186cm, 79kg, Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
From the Dandenong Stingrays, Clark is a very fierce competitor and while he can go unnoticed at times, he is prepared to put his body on the line for the good of his team. After playing as a half back in recent seasons, Clark has spent more time through the midfield this season and shown he can win the ball and get it going his side’s way. Clark can kick on both feet and is also a fierce tackler. I am sure he is the type of player that all coaches would love and one thing is for certain, he will definitely make the best of any opportunity given to him to play at the AFL level.
Plays like: Jarryn Geary
Clubs suited: West Coast, Sydney, Gold Coast, Essendon, North Melbourne, Melbourne, Carlton, St Kilda/All clubs would be interested

17. NOAH BALTA
Key defender, 194cm, 92kg, Calder Cannons/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Balta is an exciting prospect at this stage of his development because he can come in and show something that really catches the eye, whether it be a booming long kick, an athletic grab or some nice movement for a player his size. He doesn’t have the consistency yet but there’s huge upside there to work with for a club willing to develop him and be patient. He can play as a key defender but as a bit of a project player, who knows where he might end up because he is so raw but I’m sure clubs will see his potential.
Plays like: Alex Rance or a more athletic Brian Lake
Clubs suited: Collingwood, Fremantle, West Coast, Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne, Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong/All clubs would be interested

18. JOEL GARNER
Half back/midfielder, 183cm, 81kg, Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
From the Eastern Ranges, Garner is a nice left-footer who enjoyed an excellent carnival where he played the best football of his season so far. Settling into a position across half back, the Vic Metro captain was a general in defence and he competed well in the air and gave good rebound with his precise skills. I think he is one of the safer picks in this draft and although others have more potential to be elite players, I think with some luck, Garner will have a long AFL career. While he might not be a top five player on a list, he will definitely be a best 22 player — one of the first picked every week — who plays his role consistently week in, week out. All clubs need those dependable types.
Clubs suited: Western Bulldogs, Brisbane, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Carlton

19. CONNOR BALLANDEN
Key forward/ruckman, 199cm, 95kg, Brisbane Lions Academy/Allies
Buckenara says:
A Brisbane Lions Academy prospect, Ballanden can play both up forward and in the ruck. He has a lot going for him — he’s a terrific long and accurate kick and is a very good contested mark. At 95kgs he has a strong body already and could play senior footy next year. I’m sure the Lions will match any bid that comes for Ballanden and add to their already impressive young key position stocks. He’ll be too hard to ignore.
Plays like: Tom Boyd
Clubs suited: Brisbane Lions

20. ANDREW BRAYSHAW
Midfielder, 183cm, 80kg, Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
The younger brother of Melbourne midfielder Angus Brayshaw, Andrew is almost a clone as he looks and plays exactly like his brother. Brayshaw has great balance, runs hard and is a smart footballer who rarely makes poor decisions with ball in hand. He missed the early part of the U18 championships with an injury but returned with 20 disposals through the midfield for Vic Metro in its win over South Australia.
Plays like: Angus Brayshaw
Clubs suited: Carlton, North Melbourne, West Coast, Melbourne, Adelaide, Essendon

21. OSCAR ALLEN
Key forward, 191cm, 83kg, West Perth/Western Australia
Buckenara says:
Allen was one of the most consistent players of the championships, which saw him win the Larke Medal as the best player after booting 11 goals in four games. He’s a nice kick for goal, has a good pair of hands and makes the most of his chances. He’s a good size and appears suited to the modern half forward role because he has a big engine and can run all day. I expect he’ll be a standout at the draft combine.
Plays like: Jake Stringer and Jack Darling
Clubs suited: Collingwood, Richmond, Fremantle, North Melbourne, West Coast, Port Adelaide, Gold Coast/All clubs would be interested

22. JAMES WORPEL
Midfielder, 185cm, 84kg, Geelong Falcons/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
All year Worpel has been a very good player and got better and better with every game he’s played. He is a very competitive player and recruiters will love his hardness and work ethic. He has good pace, wins the ball both on the inside and outside and uses it OK by foot. I feel his ranking has risen in recent weeks. Looks a nice prospect.
Plays like: Joel Selwood
Clubs suited: Essendon, Geelong, Gold Coast, West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton

23. HARRISON PETTY
Key Defender, 194cm, 82kg, Norwood/South Australia
Buckenara says:
Petty is a bit of a smoky but at 194cm he will end up being a key position player and clubs looking to bolster their stocks will definitely look at him. He reads the ball really well in flight and has good game sense and positioning as a defender. Don’t be surprised if a club in desperate need of key position players takes him earlier.
Plays like: Reads the play like Brian Lake and Jeremy McGovern
Clubs suited: Collingwood, Fremantle, North Melbourne, Sydney, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs/All clubs will be interested

24. GRYAN MIERS
Small forward/midfielder, 178cm, 72kg, Geelong Falcons/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
Miles is just a real footballer in that he’s a smart opportunist that works hard and has some genuine speed to be a dangerous small forward that pressures the defence to lock in the ball. He also has scope to play midfield and because of his footy smarts, clubs will like the ball in his hands. Forward pressure is critical in the modern game and any club looking for a clever small forward will spend plenty of time looking at Miles.
Plays like: Luke Dahlhaus
Clubs suited: Brisbane, West Coast, North Melbourne, Fremantle, Geelong

25. JACKSON EDWARDS (father-son opportunity for Adelaide)
Midfielder, 185cm, 77kg, Glenelg/South Australia
Buckenara says:
The son of Adelaide champion Tyson Edwards, I expect Jackson will become the Crows’ second ever father-son selection after Ben Jarman was recruited to the club as a rookie last year. He players differently to his father, however, despite also being a midfielder. He has good skills and he makes good decisions because he is composed with the footy in hand. The Crows won’t let him slip through their fingers. He has really come on this year.
Clubs suited: Adelaide

26. TOM DE KONING
Key forward/ruckman, 200cm, 93kg, Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
De Koning is a genuine key position forward/ruckman. While he still has a lot to learn and is a bit inconsistent at the moment, his potential won’t be lost on clubs looking to bank this type of player for the future. At 200cm he is a beautiful left foot kick and should develop into a powerful tall forward that can help out in the ruck. Has a bit of x-factor about him.
Plays like: Hamish McIntosh
Clubs suited: Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn, Fremantle, Essendon/All clubs will be interested

27. MATTHEW LING
Midfielder, 182cm, 74kg, Geelong Falcons/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
Ling is a quick outside midfielder who likes to take on his opponents when he gets the ball and while that can get him into trouble at times, clubs will love that run and carry creative side. His pace really makes him stand out and despite being a flashy type, he has been a consistent contributor for the Falcons this year. I think he has AFL traits — good kicking, decision-making and line-breaking ability — that once harnessed and developed, he could become a damaging player.
Plays like: James Parsons
Clubs suited: Geelong, Melbourne, St Kilda, Carlton, GWS, Sydney, North Melbourne

28. CALLUM COLEMAN-JONES
Ruckman/key forward, 201cm, 98kg, Sturt/South Australia
Buckenara says:
Another ruck/key forward prospect in this year’s pool, clubs needing that type of player will look closely at Coleman-Jones. He is a good mark and has showed he can clunk it in contested situations, which is pivotal for a player of his size and has worked hard on his kicking. He played a great game during the U18’s carnival when he gathered 28 disposals and had 15 hit-outs that had a huge impact for South Australia against the Allies in Round 2. Will he be a ruckman at AFL level or more of a key forward? My gut feel is key forward who can go into the ruck once he improves his endurance.
Plays like: A taller Toby Nankervis
Clubs suited: Hawthorn, GWS, North Melbourne, Collingwood, Richmond, Geelong, Adelaide, Gold Coast/All clubs will be interested

29. JACK PETRUCCELLE
Half back/half forward, 184cm, 73kg, Northern Knights/Vic Metro
Buckenara says:
Petruccelle is one of the most exciting prospects in this draft because of his potential. A former basketballer who took up footy in his mid-teens, he is a bit raw at the moment in terms of his footy knowledge but has some special traits clubs will love. He runs 20 metres over 2.82 seconds and that speed, plus his athleticism is certain to see him be the star of the draft combine. Petruccelle loves to take the game on from half back and half forward when he plays there — he tries to make things happen and can do that because he’s powerful and has great breakaway speed. He needs to find more of the football, tidy up his kicking and get more involved in games consistently because there are times he struggles to get into the action, which was the case during the championships. But when he kicked five goals for the Knights earlier this year, that showed exactly what he’s capable of with development in an AFL system. There is big upside.
Plays like: Nakia Cockatoo
Clubs suited: All clubs

30. BRENT DANIELS
Small forward, 173cm, 70kg, Bendigo Pioneers/Vic Country
Buckenara says:
Daniels is a very exciting and clever small forward that causes the opposition headaches with his football smarts and goal sense. He also puts a lot of pressure on the opposition by getting in their space. While he is very small at 173cm, I’m sure there is a niche for players of this size and ability because he is a natural footballer who has a lot to offer.
Plays like: Caleb Daniel and Hayden Ballantyne
Clubs suited: Brisbane, West Coast, Carlton, North Melbourne, Fremantle, Geelong
I can't believe how short Joel Garner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back