Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams' first 3 game games was unreal, he was in AA form. After that, he was pretty up and down. He got his arse handed to him by Franklin and Waite and he wasn't very good against Geelong either from memory. Also some of his errors in regards to his ball use through the season were deplorable. I have my doubts as to whether he will net us a 1st rounder, but I'd be disappointed if we didn't ask for it. I'd settle for a pick in the 20's if push comes to shove.

Yes, and no.

I'm watching the GWS game atm, and have been trying to focus on our defensive match-ups. (Tbh, it's a bit tough when I'm still yelling and pumping the fists! )...

...I should have been taking notes, but interesting that Richo proclaims that Hambling has shut Cameron out midway thru the 3rd...but he's very, very rarely been on him.
Clearly our zone rotates all the time, but so far he's only been in a contest with Cameron ONCE. (I'm @ 3/4 time).
[Roberts beats him 1-1 more times in the game.]

Their first goal was a horrible, needless shove. The smothered ball by Green where he was a bit slow and one sided...
Did body out Patton on 2-3 occasions (which is good!), but misjudged the flight so no one touched the ball...saved once by Morris's dive on the line, and once by the post.

I'm not knocking! I'm certainly not hating.

This has been one of the best weeks in my life and he's been a decent reason why...
...but he ain't worth 500k.

I hope he stays. But equally, I'm confident that we won't stretch to do so.
From memory, all four of Hammer, Roberts, Wood and Morris all spent time on Cameron.

His brain fade when Greene smothered his handball across goal was not great. I remember cursing at that stage.

Somebody didn't complete their english in school.

I never said I didn't rate Adams, I was really disappointed to learn he wanted to return to WA. However I dispute the notion that he's worth more to us than Hamling, and I was using the Sydney game as an example to highlight one of his deficiencies, one that was present throughout the season.

You should work on your comprehension, it's clearly something you have difficulty with.

Play the ball, not the man. You've been here all of 3 days & you're attitude is shit.

Play the ball, not the man. You've been here all of 3 days & you're attitude is shit.
So is your grammar.

I'm interested in thoughtful, robust discussions, not kissing older members hands because I'm new, nor whingefests. If you're going to call me a hypocrite based on a fallacy, then don't expect me to be polite.

Nice set of posts AJ - you're coming across as very arrogant, perhaps that's not your intent, but you realise everyone's opinions are just as valid, right?
That's how I feel about posts like
Adams is only behind Morris as 1st picked for the backline when fit...trust me on that one...
Hamlings stocks have risen markedly ill grant you.. but Adams is clearly a better player/prospect moving forward
But I guess he's exempt because he's been a member for longer, right?

That's how I feel about posts like

But I guess he's exempt because he's been a member for longer, right?

Who cares how long someone's been on here? And the post you quoted had no put-downs in it, unlike yours.

And grammatically, the word English has a capital E FYI - I love grammar as much as anyone, but there's more friendly ways to highlight it than questioning someone's education.

So is your grammar.

I'm interested in thoughtful, robust discussions, not kissing older members hands because I'm new, nor whingefests. If you're going to call me a hypocrite based on a fallacy, then don't expect me to be polite.
Your going to love our weekly in and outs selection threads. Wait to you get an eyeful of how overrated some players are in them and how much over the top offensive abuse some of our other players cop.
I think you did make some excellent points to begin with. You were spot on especially about the jury still being out on the severity of Buddys injury. He appeared perfectly fine to me also and Hamling beat him hands down and personally I'm not sure Adams could have played to Hamlings standards during the finals if roles were reversed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is your grammar.

Accept my sincere apology for a phone auto-correct.

Politeness and respect isn't hard to show, but continue as you are and you won't get any yourself.

Is Cloke really being held up by Collingwood's demands? Aren't they paying over the cap now after their two FA signings?

Maybe Richmond made him an offer as Vickery's replacement while no one was looking.

Hate to say it but if both Adams and Hamling go at once we are in a bit of strife. Roberts, Cordy and Collins - what if a couple of them go down?

Adams and Boyd were meant to be our bookends for the next 10 years. He is an enormous loss - make no mistake. Hamling I can live with.

We better have something up our sleeve.

As someone with a PhD, I'm quite frankly offended by anyone coming in here and using grammar or similar issues as an insult. This is an inclusive space. It is for all of us, including those who haven't had a university education. We are all Dogs supporters and we should be able to share our opinions (and disagree vehemently if need be!).

If you don't like it, grow up and think about the history of the team that you support.

I'm pretty disgusted really.

Hate to say it but if both Adams and Hamling go at once we are in a bit of strife. Roberts, Cordy and Collins - what if a couple of them go down?

Adams and Boyd were meant to be our bookends for the next 10 years. He is an enormous loss - make no mistake. Hamling I can live with.

We better have something up our sleeve.
Surely we trade someone in if this happens,Collins from the Dockers seems logical or the fella from Hawthorn some have mentioned.

Play the ball, not the man. You're attitude is shit.

If you want to whine about me, start another thread or something. I want to discuss List Management, not read your tantrums.

I've been discussing that all day, and you initiated the ad hominem nonsense, not me.

You should discuss list management and not engage in this rubbish.

I've been discussing that all day, and you initiated the ad hominem nonsense, not me.

You should discuss list management and not engage in this rubbish.
I did? You just went on quite the tantrum over my small jab in response to
Move on already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back